alternative spanking methods.

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by NMSquirrel, Oct 11, 2009.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

No, it wouldn't spoil the kids. That's simply ridiculous. Clearly, your kids (if you ever have any) are not very important to you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Forget it, then. Clearly, you're not interested in alternatives and are delusional if you think your kids respect you for beating them.

They have learned what you have learned, that violence is an option.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jpappl Valued Senior Member

You haven't provided any alternatives, the few we have heard are worse than spanking.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

My dad wore try-focal glasses an it was hard for him to see the ball so i coudnt pitch hard to him but he still played catch wit me... an he wor a heavey steel brace on his leg but he still played bad-menton wit me... an the rules was... if i knocked the birdy so far from him that he had to take a step then he got a pont... but he coud hit the birdy any whare he wanted on my side of the net... an when mom woud play wit me i had to encourage her to hit the birdy to the far corners an mix it up cause i liked the chalange... an when i went to a week long camp in the summer i coud keep up wit the older boys at bad-menton... an my parents woudnt always play when i wanted 'em to but it was perty often.!!!

Normaly Chrismus an birfdays was when i woud get presents... but 1 winter i tolt mom the hardware store had sleds on sale an coud i have 1... she said yes... have them to charge it to her... i was kinda surprized... i figered she wooud say wate for Chrisumus... but anyhow i went to the hardware store an they had 3 modles on sale... a small 1... a medium 1 an a large 1... an boy O boy that large 1 was lookin mitey fine... an even tho i coud have gotten by wit gettin the big 1 i chose to get the small 1... an i didnt understan esactly why... but i knew i woudnt be happy if i got the big 1... an the small 1 was fine an i had fun wit it for years.!!!

Anyhow... if a kid has respect for ther parents they will be mor likely to not try an take advantage of 'em... an be mor understandin when when the parents dont comply wit ther ever wish.!!!

To me its simply bein a family that works together an cares about each others feelins... O... an i never herd my parents holler or smart off at each other... an they was married over 50 years when dad dyed an ive been married almos 40... an the big advice dad gave me jus befor i got married... "Dont ever go any place that you woudnt want you'r wife to be wit you"... that was it... an its never been hard for me to foller... but i thank his bigest influence was the good esample he set... O... an when i was about 12 year old... mom tolt me that befor they got married... dad said if they had kids he didnt ever want 'em to be whiped an she agreed to it... so that was the firs i knew that he had such a desire... an i thank it cam from him bein raized in a orfin home whare they didnt spare the rod an hard slaps to the face was jus part of life thar.!!!

Hmmm... i forgot what the queston was... lol.!!!

8. mike47 Banned Banned

My advice is : do not listen to a word ( Q ) says.......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Even after I gave an example of how I was spoiled by it, you still think it's impossible? Sometimes mommy can't play, that doesn't mean she'll never play just not at that precise moment. You are such an instigator.

10. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

No, I don't, and this is just your opinion. Worth Butkis to me.

Well, once again you have demonstrated your capacity for ignorance, clueluss. If you really are so stupid enough to take those words out of context, then I understand. This is why it is so hard to pass along any wisdom, or even common sense, to you.

You obviously have suffered greatly from the inability of your parents to properly raise you, probably because they found it impossible to communicate with you in any constructive manner.

Now I understand where your apparent stupidity regarding these issues came from. It must be a genetic and / or nurturing issue. I feel very sorry for you, clueluss...

No, this is a perfect example of your inability to comprehend.

Once again, this is just your opinion. Worth Butkis to me.

Gosh, clueluss, you are so smart, you are my hero. I am so happy that you have powers such as these!

Gosh, clueluss, you are so smart, you are my hero! I am so happy that you were able to enjoy times like these!

Yeah, too bad for your ignorant theory at least, that the process worked.

Plus, you see, you have totally ran out of logic, you have no case studies to offer and it is impossible for you to relay anecdotes... cause why? You have none. So once again, this "totaly unnecesary" is nothing more than your opinion and therefore worth Butkis to me.

I hope that you never have children, both to keep the gene pool healthy and because I fear you will fall totally "flat".

Well, there goes old omniscient clueluss again - explaining what I "ant admittin" and of course you can "guess the rest of the story" - "the reason you I hit spanked her was cause she scared you me shtless". You really are amazing, and at the risk of being incredibly redundant, I must say it one more time - you have absolutely no clue how to raise kids, you think your "puppy" qualifies you. What a joke...

uke:

"dew to you'r neglagence" - what a crock! I find this to be one of the most idiotic, uninformed statements I have ever encountered, on the net or off. You have a never ending supply of crackpot sayings, don't you? Unf**king believable. Since you have nothing else to contribute here, why don't you go troll somewhere else? Say an entirely different website, perhaps you can find one designed for those with special needs - playing in your own league, you might be able to participate in a helpful manner.

You do realize that you have absolutely no idea how to do so... don't you?

Gosh, I wish I could say goodbye, forever. But, "You can't always get what you want..."
    :yay: :wtf:

11. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

given the choices presented in this thread and the way they were presented,they have done nothing to change my opinion on how to discipline children,with the exception of a few posts( pry about 5% of posts)
    it is obvious to me that alot of the users here were not taught how to respect anothers opinion,in that respect you have failed as a parent..you will only teach your children how to disrespect others..
    it seems to me that the focus of this topic became an issue of ones emotional state of being, not of any practical advice..
    my attempts to moderate this thread without any authority or cooperation has failed..
    it all just confirms my theory that ppl care more about their own emotional state of being than any truth that can be communicated.
    and since it has gotten so far off topic, i would ask a moderator to review this thread to see if it is worthy enough to be closed..

12. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

So, you think that if you keep on reiterating the same old garbage, time after time, day after day, that you will convince yourself that you are right? Your opinions are ridiculous and borderline stupid.

BTW, the only alternative I have seen offered yet is public humiliation.

In any event, what makes your posts so outright idiotic is that you base them on nothing - and I mean nothing.

I call total bullshit on all of the comments you have made in this and the other thread. Give us something we can go on here...

I demand references, studies, citations, etc. Anything at all to back up your blathering attempts at being an authority on this subject.

Any at all?

And trying to claim the validity is based on the alleged fact that you grew up OK and your parents never punished you doesn't count.

13. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Squirrel, please, please understand that you do not have a responsibility to "moderate" this thread.

I think your attempts have been admirable, but don't get discouraged because the SF members don't play nice. We are just not used to doing things this way, in fact, you will notice any number of threads denigrating the actual moderators here, let alone noob members who try to help out.

Relax, 'cause I think you have a lot of good things to say, unlike some others here - they seem "clueluss". Hang in there...

14. jpappl Valued Senior Member

The problem Squirrel in my opinion is that instead of offering alternatives, those who are against spanking whether they have children or not used it to throw personal attacks at those of us asking for their alternatives.

Orly was the only one, and we compared her choices to ours.

No others followed. Instead, we were just told what horrible parents we are.

15. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

the responsibility to moderate fall to each of us,not just the ppl in charge..

yes this is true..i have run a BBS along time ago and have participated in several message board and have seen all of them degenerate into a bashfest,
    but still i hold onto hope that ppl can learn....stupid me...

actually i will defend clueluss, as i see he has some good points, i think it would benifit him to take some debate classes so he can more effectively communicate his points..(or just read my posts and adopt them for himself..

)
    (maybe some spelling classes too..lol..sorry clueluss)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  16. jpappl Valued Senior Member

There are a lot of people here who can be cordial and there are some who always look for a fight. No matter what.

I disagree. Instead of coming up with alternatives, which is what the OP was for, he accused us/me of being a bad parent. That was his only purpose here.

17. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

this is true..

thats my point..very few ppl here have stuck with the original intent of the OP..
    and i have seen enough of his post to read between the lines..as i said a debate course would be of benifit to him..

18. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

orly hasn't posted for awhile,she wrote me saying she didn't want to be bashed(my word not hers) for her opinion, and i agree with her..

19. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Yet she had no problem bashing me and others for doing something we feel is not as bad.

I don't look down on her as a parent, she is doing what she feels will work with her children and I gave her kudos for offering an alternative.

I am sure and I hope her kids do fine in life. Which is what we all want.

The problem here is that some people purposely take things out of context to try and make you look stupid, it works unless you go back and compile the posts together to call them on it. Which takes more effort than it's worth.

Orly didn't do that and it's not something I have seen from her in the past. But others do it all the time, they are like kids themselves, playing little games.

20. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

they think it makes them smart to be able to point fingers..they don't realize when they point that finger, three more are pointing back at them..

21. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Very few, maybe so...

However, I would wager that if you were to take the time to go through all the posts by clueless, you would be hard put to find a single one offering any content beyond:

"Don't spank your children, you are an idiot if you do."

IMHO, he has singlehandedly derailed your thread, because everyone is still trying to get him to STFU and let us discuss and debate. Your OP called for real life experiences where parents found it necessary to use corporal punishment. You got that, but at least in my personal experience, all that clueless returned was "yuu a badt prent!!!"

He has posted nearly 10% of all the comments in your thread, none of which offered any examples of times calling for a spanking nor any alternative to corporal punishment.

Speaking of alternative solutions, Orly contributed to this part... But again, it is difficult for people to continue in a similar vein because there is a clueluss mosquito buzzing about telling everyone about his happy puppy. Oh, and reminding everyone how sick it is to spank a child. He also failed to even attempt to distinguish between spanking and abuse - he just picks up on Orly's "abuse" word and runs with it.

So whether he has good points to make or not, none of us will ever know, because as you pointed out he is incapable of effective communication.

If want your thread to be successful, do something to squash this troll!!!

Edit: Sorry, after rereading parts of the thread, I noticed that (Q) also provided a list of alternatives. So all in all, your thread seems to be coming along alright, especially for such an explosive topic here on SF. Good job Squirrel!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  22. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Yep. It all comes down to who is behind the keyboard. Very few here will apologize. Very few will admit they are mistaken about anything. Even petty things like mis-understandings etc.

You will also find that some people have long going feuds and you wonder what you just walked into. Don't know where or why they started but it doesn't matter.

So your thread gets taken over and there is nothing to keep it from the abyss.

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Ohhhhhhhh Really now! So she can fly in on her broomstick and call other parents Abusers? Tell us parents who have given our kids a few smacks on the butt, that we are ASSAULTING our children...etc.

But when she tells us she just Humiliates her teenage kids in front of their peers which we find even worse, we are just supposed to sit back and say....
    GREAT PARENTING thanks for the advice. :bugeye:

She has blown things out of proportion using the ASSAULT word in every circumstance no matter what a parent
    has said to show her it isn't. Taking it to the extreme that if a person bumps into you at the store, you could call it ASSAULT....LOL

A slap on the butt when a kid is a toddler fades quickly away. What you are doing with your kids...the mind games, the fear of humiliation stays with someone a long time!

If Orleander can Dish it out she should be ready to Take it. Grow up already and stop playing GAMES!

Honestly I think you are CRAPPY parent and you have a lot of nerve pointing the finger at other parents and then running away when the tables get turned back onto your shitty parenting.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009