Alright... who still thinks all cultures deserve equal respect?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by WillNever, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I don't kill animals unless they pose a direct threat to my own health.
    And yes I feel bad if I accidentally kill an insect or any other little creature.

Besides, what the hell is your point?
    Even if I did kill a thousand flies a day they would still be animals.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Don't judge people by their culture, judge them by their actions.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

Getting back to the OP: i think my biggest issue personally is with the suffering. personally i cant watch it and i could never be in the same room without trying to stop it but i dont see that as weakness at all. i just cant relate to the suffering of an insect in the same way.

Its funny because earlier today, before this thread, there was a small fly flying around me and when it landed on my desk i covered it with a cup. a few hours later i lifted the cup a little and it was on its back. I saw his little legs moving like he was running in place and i decided i had no right to just sit there and allow the fly to die. the fly ended up living but its just differnet. the fly didnt look at me with the look of 'please dont do this to me' fly did not cry for help..idk, makes it tough to relate.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

China is a nation of over 1 billion people. So, stereotyping the "culture" of China (which is one indivisible and homogeneous thing, of course) according to acts committed by - what percentage of people? - seems just a bit ... racist to me.

It's essentially equivalent to saying, like Asguard said, that if you can find a few groups that hold cock fights or dog fights in the US, then the entire US "culture" must be morally bankrupt.

8. WillNever Valued Senior Member

The statements about Chinese culture also arise from the apparent inaction by the government of China, which refuses to crack down on these women and their filmmakers and pass animal protection laws. Why won't they do anything? There are other events as well that lead me to believe that Chinese culture as a whole places less value upon life than most other cultures. Let's not forget Tiananmen Square, folks.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This sort of cruelty isn't isolated to just animals in China. Indeed, as well, China is officially one of the worst human rights abusers in the world. Let me share what a friend of mine had to say about this:

"And when you take a long look at it, life of all kinds has been "cheap" there for centuries. Because the kind of sadism being practiced by these Chinese women is nothing new in that country. This is the same culture in which people were practicing the 'Death Of A Thousand Cuts' (Ling Chi) right up until the 1930's. And during the Korean War, the Chinese would routinely capture innocent Korean women, rape them endlessly for days and days... and then when they grew tired of those women, cut off their breasts and parade them around as trophies... all the while those women screamed in wretched agony and bled to death. China continues to visit these acts of savagery on humans and animals alike, while pretentiously claiming to be 'civilized.'

Me thinks they doth protest too much. You suggested that Chinese culture is homogenized: a truer statement than you realize. Their civilization developed in isolation. All of them have grown up looking the same, acting the same and generally being trained into having an "anthill mentality." Their sense of individuality and unique purpose has thus been muted within their psyche and in my opinion, that is what enables them to perform these acts of cruelty."

I also want to point out that probably the reason you are willing to say my pegging Chinese culture a certain way is racist is because of this specific statement's shock value. If I were to claim that "American culture is materialistic," then you probably wouldn't consider it racist. Truth be told, you probably would have nothing to say because it's (1) generally accepted as true and (2) not crippling to America's image. But when I make a statement that "Chinese culture is cruel," a similarly broad (but in my assessment, accurate) statement that is a bit more drastic than the first, you suspect it of being racist. However, it is not. I am definitely criticizing their culture (and I would be criticizing any other culture that were doing this), but I am not criticizing their race.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

China is also trying to fight this sort of thing. I doubt these videos are for domestic consumption. But it is true that life is cheap there, particularly animal life. I read a news story (with pictures) of a Chinese man who decided a light pole on a public street was a good place to butcher a golden retriever. China has a long history of famine, where people would eat anything out of necessity, so it was a matter of survival.

10. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Interesting ? Save the fleas kill the humans . I love you cause you make Me laugh hard . My first wife is of Swedish heritage . Erickson
    O.K. the neighbor on the next block over from my Mothers house during the recession in the Carter years . Things were bad and people could not get jobs . Lots of people on food stamps if you could qualify . So this Neighbor kills his German Shepard dog hangs him in the tree out in front of his house and guts and skins the dog. He tells reporters he is going to eat the dog because of lack of food . It was a protest thing because of the times . He was arrested for cruelty to animals . The lench mobs were terribly upset . I think if I remember, I think he got 5 years in the joint

11. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Yeah that is what I was talking about

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Your words, not mine.

Good for him.

13. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Alright... who still thinks all cultures deserve equal respect?
    @willnever
    Not sure what you mean.

This is undoubtedly a very evil and corrupt practice.
    A sexual perversion I think, and probably enacted to make money from twisted people willing to pay to see it, same as paedophilia.

But how is it cultural?

Are you saying that it is normal in Chinese society to perform such acts?
    Or just that until the Chinese have better animal welfare laws, we should give them a hard time?

Dirty business though. Disgusting.

14. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

I think the point of the thread is clear. We should read and consume all anti-Chinese cultural news, so that when TPTB final manipulate news in such a manner as to engineer a war against China, the western populations will be all for it since their populations are clearly morally bankrupt and evil, so killing them is just fine.

15. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

More pertinently, "crushing" videos are in no way limited to China. This kind of thing has been happening in the West for years and years, just apparently nobody feels the need to dredge up freaky shit from underground fetish sites as emblematic of Western culture.

Although, these videos are at least illegal in the USA - not sure about China.

16. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Crowds make me want to kill. I'm not alone. We will not see asian style-crowdedpopulations in the west. No fucking way.

17. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Are they really so shocking? We have our own bloodsports, we've simply learned to produce them without killing anyone. Consider the enduring popularity of such films as Friday the 13th, Halloween, Saw, Nightmares on Elmstreet, Zombieland, etc. Even television exposes us to tons of violence, death, and dismemberment.

Yes, our ability to produce these gore fests without actually hurting anyone is certainly an improvement; but the innate fascination many people have for such spectacles is undeniable.

18. WillNever Valued Senior Member

19. WillNever Valued Senior Member

They are, however, mainly produced there. Why doesn't their government do something about that?

Because until they do, I'm going to comment upon this and put them down. And I'm going to dislike them even more intensely than I already did.

You okay with that..? Because what other message should we interpret from their government's passivity except "we don't care?"

No need. If the rest of the world had any sense at all, then we would stop doing business with the Chinese... and then quarantine their entire nation and wait for them to kill each other off. Which I have no doubt would ultimately happen, in that situation.

20. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Yes, isolate all the free thinking, loving, spiritually aware Chinese that can reform their system from the inside, that's the answer. Make war on them instead!

21. WillNever Valued Senior Member

I want to remind everyone not to let their own personal biases get in the way of their ideation. Just because you are Chinese (or an American of chinese descent), that does not mean that you have a duty to defend this crappola. It should make you want to distance yourself from it further, actually.

As well, I notice that so far, everyone is failing to address the Chinese government's inaction in this matter, and what that says about the Chinese citizenry. Why is that..? I've given my explanation. Perhaps someone has an alternative opinion in the matter? Making these videos is legal over there. Let's talk about why the government of China will not pass laws banning this stuff, much less enforce such laws.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  22. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Has that been established? I'm not sure that's the case, although I could believe that the crushing videos that are easily/legally obtainable tend to originate there. But this has been a thing in the USA and Europe for years and years now, just doesn't seem to make the news.

Maybe they have better things to do, like figuring out what to do with the hundreds of millions of citizens living on pennies a day?

That they have higher priorities right now? That warding off the moral outrage of anonymous tools on foreign internet sites over marginal phenomena is not a major concern of theirs?

23. John99 Banned Banned

yeah thats about the size of it.

who will speak for the bunny?

idk, may as well talk to a box of rocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.