alQaeda vs. London

Discussion in 'World Events' started by sandy, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandy Banned Banned

London escaped what could have been its worst terrorist attack when a car bomb failed to go off outside a club packed with 2,000 people.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2003808.ece

Al Qaeda plotted a similar attack on the capital's Ministry of Sound nightclub and Bluewater shopping centre

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=465068&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

What the hell is wrong with these "people"

Update: Central London street sealed off amid new alert:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070629144040.ox1jbkof&show_article=1

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

Dunno, maybe they are pissed off that USUK have caused the deaths of 100,000 people in Iraq?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sandy Banned Banned

I'm sure they will end up blaming the USA and Bush

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How do they know it is al-Qaeda?

8. sandy Banned Banned

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

and is believed to have a capacity of over 1,000 - although staff said that only around 650 were in the club at the time of the incident.

What a way for Brown to start his term. Thank goodness for all the cameras London has. Hopefully they will find the coward soon and put him back in the car when they detonate it. He apparently didn't understand what a suicide mission was.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

11. John99 Banned Banned

yeah your right, you DUNNO.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Damn those terrorists! I think we should definately bomb Venezuela in retaliation.

13. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

From what I read sam in several sources, they don't know who done it yet, nobody has officially claimed anything. So until they do I won't jump to conclusions. Of course that isn't what sandy would have us believe but I think most people will be patient.

As for sandy's words on an internet forum link as proof.
    It was me, I confess.... - My words on an internet forum. See how dumb you sound sandy? Not that this is going to get through to you.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Please don't call people dumb.

I think this incident is likely to be related to all the other Islamic extremist attacks. However, I don't think all of these attacks are coordinated (or need to be coordinated) by a central organization like Al Quida. The reason these militants have been so successful is that they are de-centralized.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I am very interested in the al Qaeda phenomenon. It has a life of its own. But apparently no structure at all. Very interesting actually. I'm trying to figure out how people generate illusions for themselves and others.

16. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

To be fair spider, it's less a namecall and more a quite well backed up fact given the context(I'm sure I can expand on that further if it requires more proof)

Also I was careful to say her comments make her sound dumb, not that she is. I'll leave that conclusion to others. Semantics I suppose. She's free to prove it wrong.

Very true. A tree has many branches. To kill the tree you must first kill the roots.

17. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

It's a surprise that no one has banned sandy yet. I doubt that any other poster would be allowed to get away with throwing out so many statements and never feeling it important to prove them.

18. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

It is a strange philosphy to kill oneself in one attack than to attack a thousand times before death.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Attack with what? Where? How?

20. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

She throws tantrums about personal attacks constantly as it is! If she were banned she'd only return under a different name anyway so she's easier left alone, seeing as most people ignore her agenda she's mostly harmless, and occassionally amusing. She actually also provides discussion subjects for others to discuss reasonably.
    It's mostly just helpful to point it out sometimes incase of new folks.

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I think it was probably a couple of white, western, christian guys who were pissed off at not getting laid the night before. Ya' gotta' watch them damned white guys, they're always blowin' up people in protest over somethin'.

Baron Max

22. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

I won't claim to be a military expert, but surely they have figured out remote detonation? Timed detonation? Proximity detonation? There must be alternatives to manual detonation.:shrug:
    I'm not suggesting they form an army at all as that's exactly what America wants as it's easier to deal with. Surely there are better ways to fight a guerrilla war though?

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You assume they have the technology/ability/brains. A car full of petroleum and nails is not exactly hi tech is it?

Besides they sound like brianwashed idealists who "want to make a statement" Sort of like piercing nipples. Makes no sense to those who can't see why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.