al-Qaeda Hit by Black Death

Discussion in 'World Events' started by madanthonywayne, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Bubonic plague - the bug is carried by fleas on rats and it's what wiped out most of the European population during the Dark Ages. Very, very BAD stuff!!!!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

But I thought there was some disagreement and it may have been a hemorrhagic fever?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So does this mean biological weapons are the new WMDs?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yersinia pestis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

The Black Death, or the Black Plague or Bubonic Plague, was one of the deadliest pandemics in human history.

The three forms of plague brought an array of signs and symptoms to those infected. The septicaemic plague is a form of "blood poisoning," and pneumonic plague is an airborne plague that attacks the lungs before the rest of the body. The classic sign of bubonic plague was the appearance of buboes in the groin, the neck, and armpits, which oozed pus and bled. Most victims died within four to seven days after infection. When the plague reached Europe, it first struck port cities and then followed the trade routes, both by sea and land.

The bubonic plague was the most commonly seen form during the Black Death, with a mortality rate of thirty to seventy-five percent and symptoms including fever of 38–41 °C (101–105 °F), headaches, painful aching joints, nausea and vomiting, and a general feeling of malaise. Of those who contracted the bubonic plague, 4 out of 5 died within eight days.[36]

Pneumonic plague was the second most commonly seen form during the Black Death, with a mortality rate of ninety to ninety-five percent. Symptoms included fever, cough, and blood-tinged sputum. As the disease progressed, sputum became free flowing and bright red.

Septicemic plague was the least common of the three forms, with a mortality rate close to one hundred percent. Symptoms were high fevers and purple skin patches (purpura due to DIC).

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't say new. People have been lobbing plague/infected corpses into fortified castles for 1000s of years.

Not to mention the use of infected blankets to kill off native Americans.

9. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

Oh dear !!. How sad. To bad. Move on

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

10. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

How do you know it was not Russia?

Oh sorry to hear about the drop in the Russian currency of 40% and unemployment up 20% .. must be hard times funding the army, and occupying territories. I see both bullies have been hit hard by this. America and Russia.

Russians kill Muslims all the time in Chechnya... and they are well known for poisoning people who dont agree with their point of view.

11. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

So you are not a lover of the Russians ??

Stalin killed Christians.. Amongst others.

There is a large cloud hovering over this world. It is called POVERTY.

It will not care what religion you are..

And you will not care either when you are offered a helping hand.

12. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Actually.. I love Russians.. I do despise Russian nationalist hypocrites. Like when they slam the USA on their Middle East policy.. but are more than happy to decimate the local Muslim populations. Russians have absolutely 0 moral high ground when it comes to Islam considering their current and past policies.

For the record.. I my life partner is Russian and one of the smartest and beautiful woman I know. I love their culture, the food and their people ... want I dont like is their government (they have a track record as good as China when it comes to choosing their government).