AIDS

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by *stRgrL*, May 28, 2002.

1. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

I have a question!!
    If a person knows that they are HIV positive or have full blown AIDS, and they kept having unprotected sex, should they be charged with murder? Since, you are actually killing the person, just slowly. And Im asking because I knew a girl that this happened to and recently her husband (who purposefully gave her AIDS) died and now she has 2 kids and AIDS. It angered me so much that someone would do that to someone else. Im for charging the person with a crime. Any other views or thoughts?

Take care

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xev Registered Senior Member

"Attack with a deadly weapon"* has been used as a charge in cases such as this. I seem to remember that the defendent was convicted, but I can't find any info.

Yes, I think that a charge of murder would work. It is no different than deliberatly poisioning a person - the 'poison' is the only difference.

*There is a dirty joke in here somewhere - I can sense it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

You know, I was just sitting here thinking... There is a law (and I cant for the life of me remember what it is called) but if the victim dies more than 1 year after the incident happened, the person cannot be held liable for murder. So, Im thinking murder wouldnt work in this type of situation. And then theres always the other side - A person is responsible for his/her body. Its all so weird....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tyler Registered Senior Member

They have to alert the person to the fact they have AIDS. Of course, it is hard to prove either way later.
    My cousin died of AIDS.

8. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Who says? Thats my point. Shouldnt there be a law in place that states that if you dont tell the person, you will be charged. I dont believe there is anything on the books regarding this, although I could be wrong.

9. Tyler Registered Senior Member

My health teacher tells us in Canada there is.

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Im reasonably sure in Australia it IS murder

I am sure i read something about it

11. Riomacleod Registered Senior Member

Xev:

I think that in that case the person had a syringe needle full of AIDS contaminated blood and was trying to inject people.

12. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

IMHO, it is most certainly murder, maybe even torture. They know that they'll die, it's just a matter of when. They'll have to live out the rest of their life worrying about it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!