AI trolls?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by foghorn, Nov 12, 2023.

1. foghorn Valued Senior Member

Would it pay (footfall for ads) for a site to use AI bots pretending to be people interested in a subject and then go on to show what I can only call Write4U behaviour?
    Year after year of getting nowhere.
    Pinball being the latest to ask W4U to explain things in W4U's owns words. That's not new Pinball

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Pinball1970 likes this.
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

I called him an idiot and felt guilty if I am honest.
    This time I am going to get to the bottom of a few things without having to wade through pastes and videos.
    If he refuses then I will stop trying BUT will point out his misconceptions if it is something I have some knowledge on.
    It is not putting me off the site, I already know who to be wary of.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. foghorn Valued Senior Member

The reason I posted my post was because, I had just come off a site trying to sort a utility bill out with a AI bot. After looping round and round I got put through to a human (I think).
    Then I come on here and saw you and W4U and thought omg it’s that bot again moonlighting!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

Ha ha yes it feels like that sometimes!

I have already told him, there is no shame in ignorance of a science subject, we only know our little bits here and there. THERE IS shame in refusing to take things on board.

If an Engineer tells me I am approaching an engineering problem the wrong way I should and will listen.
    It could be a lost cause with W4U but let's see how far I get before I turn to drink.

foghorn likes this.
  8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!