Affirmative action should be abolished.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TimeTraveler, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yes, it should be abolished ....it nothing but racism forced upon the people of the nation by the government!

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

it affirms that a poor black person should be allowed to qualify for an institution, e.g. military, police, college, university - with a score 10% lower, than a poor white person - based on the racist assumption that black people are less intelligent.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

old ideas are useless in a changing world, ideas have to be upgraded to fit the changing state of reality. Affirmative action is an old idea, and it's as silly as trying to attempt reparations. Even if there is a legal and historical basis, it's a complete waste of time and only further divides the country. This is why I do not support it.

I don't really care about race, it's humans that matter, what is best for humans? Affirmative action is not best for humans. If you focus on policies like affirmative action, and special interest groups, the world can only get worse.

Racist people should be cheering for affirmative acton, because it helps the cause, it pisses off the exact person who has to be pissed off, the angry poor white male. The white female benefits from affirmative action more than anyone else, and minorities all benefit, including Asians, however, in general there are not a lot of Asians here, and Asians only benefit in certain environments, not so much in the academic environment, but the actual workplace.

So thats the situation, it's not about special interest gruops, not to me anyway. So it's ultimately, whats best for people? A merit based society is always impossible unless computers dish out merit. A fair or equal society is imposible because capitalism is unfair by default. The only thing you can aim for is unity and loyalty.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

High-sounding words, TT, but just who is to determine "...what's best for humans"?

I agree with your post, TT, but the problem is that you're using "high ideals" that mean nothing to the world at large ....other than for silly philosophical discussion over fine wine and a good cigar! The world ain't like that, TT, and neither are humans!

I think what's best for the world is for all humans to disappear from the planet, the universe! Then everything could go back to harmony in nature without all the bullshit of philosophical crap to interrupt it.

Humans suck giant donkey dicks!

Baron Max

8. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

It seems quite obvious ... you say "all white people" this and "white people" that. Generalisations are the basis of racism.

And you seem to confuse "white" people with albinoes. Um, no. I've met black albinoes and white albinoes and it's quite easy visually to tell the difference between them and white and black people without albinism.

You also said earlier that native Americans are black. This puzzles me. Are the Inuit not native to America? Does this women look "black" to you? I suspect you're oversimplifying.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You have an endless supply of amazing assumptions.

Last I heard, almost everyone (except for a few small tribes) wore clothes and lived in buildings. Is this not 'separating oneself from nature'?

Before attempting to explain something, it would help if you had some proof it actually happened.

I don't think the genetic basis for albinism has anything in common with non-albino "whites".

http://www.michaelstevenson.com/contemporary/exhibitions/hugo/albino.htm

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Actually the harmony of nature is a myth. There is no such thing. Nature is in constant upheaval. Nature is constantly changing.

What humans do very well is to increase the upheaval to a level never seen before in the history of nature besides the major extinction events and the major radiation (of species) events.

In that sense we are indeed fucking up the world. But we are not disturbing the harmony of nature because it never existed. What we are doing is rapidly changing the world to such an extent that there might be a danger that we will not feel at home in it anymore soonish. And needless to say we cannot turn back the clock.

High ideals indeed mean nothing. Humans make decisions, or let decisions be made for them based on opinion. Political opinions. They never actually research a topic properly before making a new law or passing a new set of regulation. It's all about rethoric and political agendas. People cannot be trusted as such.

I fear that the best solution would be to spread the power as much as possible since nobody can be trusted with power (except me of course

).

But indeed humans suck donkey dicks, or even more frequently, monkey's asses.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

It's always difficult for me to accept, but sometimes, Spurious, I just have to agree with you .....even if I try to fight it as much as possible!

I do have one little comment, however. You mentioned spreading the power around, yet in the same breath, you said, rightly so, that power was a corrupting influence. If that's correct, then we shouldn't let ANYONE have any power!

Baron Max

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Yes, but I cannot see any political system that will allow for this. Nor will human nature allow for it.

so in that respect we are fucked. But maybe we can minimize the negative effects?

12. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

We could build an AI (I mean Artificial Intelligence, not American Indian) to run the planet!

Probably just as well. Nobody said computers were immune from the corrupting nature of power.

13. J.B Banned Banned

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

That's a bit of a pointless figure. If you go to the average biology lab (of quality) in the US you will see mainly foreign researchers. Chinese, indians and a handful of Europeans.

15. Roman Banned Banned

Yeah, those are probably weighted means.

16. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Somewhat dealing with AA.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2006/10/blacks_in_queen.php

Blacks in Queens Make More Than Whites

Queens is the only large county in the nation where the median income of black residents has surpassed that of white residents, a newspaper analysis found.

The picture is quite different across the river in Manhattan, where the gap between whites and blacks is wider than in any other large county in the country, according to a New York Times analysis of Census data.

- snip -

Reader comment

A vast majority of blacks and Carribean blacks work for the city. They are over represented in the transit, court guards, correction officers and will be the majority of the police and the firemen since the city has lowered the standards so much that even felons can be cops and morons that would put gasoline on a fire to become firemen. In NYC the average transit worker makes between 56 to 85 thousand dollars a year for doing absolutely nothing. They get a pension of one half pay based on their last years salary which is inflated by execessive and useless overtime after 20 years. The transit union is headed by an illiterate primitive invader from the ‘islands’ so you know where his loyalities are at. By the way with New York City jobs, NO WHITES NEED APPLY.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  17. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Blacks do worse than whites in every form of standardized test created during the last 100 years. That their grades are lower as well should be no surprise to anyone. In fact, I would be suspicious if their grades were the same or higher than whites.

18. J.B Banned Banned

The reason behind affirmative action

19. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Is J.B. = D'ster? Similar styles.....

20. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Ok thats complete BS. Did the Irish wipe out the English who were here first? I mean really, how do you come to the conclusion that immigrants come here to wipe everyone else out?

That's a bit extreme and unbelieveable, even from you.

21. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Next you will say the census says more blacks work in Compton than whites.

I don't understand the point of any of your statistics, they are too emotionally extreme.

22. arkman Registered Senior Member

TimeTraveller,

You mean we should be even more efficient in how we exploit nature?

Materialism is EVIL.

We need to stop being a consumptive society and become a conservative one instead.

Westerners could easily consume vastly less food and energy than they presently do and become much more spiritually healthy.

The Universe is not founded on the material. It's roots lie in the immaterial.

Our world is spiritually sick. It's not a case of having hydrogen-powered cars or solar-powered houses.

If engineers created an incredibly delicate machine which could fly by flapping its wings 50 time per second using the most refined metals and materials known to man and based upon an incredibly sophisticated, symmetrical and beautiful blueprint would you drive your car into it?

Everyday millions of humans do just that because whether you care to admit it or not nature in the west is considered worthless and insects are part of nature.

You can go on all you like about reducing pollution or 'protecting the environment' but machines are part of the evil of materialism regardless of how they are powered.

You see we are destroying this world primarily through our beliefs and not through chemicals, over-population or deforestation.

This is why in all religions your belief is considered paramount. It is our beliefs which carry the real power in the world and not the material products of our hands or minds.

Real freedom can only come from the invisible and the unknowable but while we put our faith in matter we are only SLAVES to our own DESIRES.

Hence we are trapped in an endless spiral of creating things to fulfill those desires and the world is pushed towards catastrophe.

You don't need an organised religion to tell you anything, you can work it our for yourself as I've just shown.

23. RickyH Valued Senior Member

i'd ask for some figures to prove this. But this day n' age it's damn near impossible to come up with an accurate graph concerning any kind of cencus.
    However, i do know that Japans population is shrinking, but russia i am not too sure.

But the laws of nature usually work themselves out. An old lesson my biology teach taught me was, if there isn't enough natural resources for a given area you can make sure nature will make some breathing room. So i'm not worried about over population because the weak will starve, and the strong will flourish. Like usual.