Aether Displacement

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by mpc755, Sep 5, 2011.

1. wlminex Banned Banned

Since I'm another hack conspirator . . . allow me to chime-in . . .

I don't think (?) the aether is displaced by matter . . . my hypothesis (not yet a theory!) is that the aether (I describe it differently, as Subquantal Reality; SQR) permeates all, everything, toto-en-toto. etc. and that matter 'evolves' from SQR via the virtual particle process, and further, that the observed CMB is a continuous 'left-over' from this continuous process. Provides the suspected dark matter/energy and the cosmological constant (continuing universe expansion).

OK . . . "hit me with your best shot!!" . . . all you Standard Model sheep! . . . b-a-a-a-a-h

wlminex

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mpc755 Banned Banned

How are you able to interpret "According to the general theory of relativity space without ether is unthinkable" to mean there is no aether in general relativity?

Explain what occurs physically in nature in a double slit experiment.

In a double slit experiment, the particle travels a single path and enters and exits a single slit. It is the associated aether displacement wave which enters and exits both slits. The aether displacement wave creates wave interference upon exiting the slits. As the particle exits a single slit, it is this interference which alters the direction the particle travels. Detecting the particle causes a loss of coherence of the associated aether displacement wave, there is no wave interference, and the direction the particle travels is not altered.

There are two Jupiters. The one we know and one that is completely made of lead. The lead Jupiter contains less aether per volume. The lead Jupiter displaces more aether. There is more displaced aether exerting force toward the lead Jupiter than there is the real Jupiter.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

I've been looking for that second link. I found it a few years ago, and lost it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mpc755 Banned Banned

This thread is titled 'Aether Displacement'. Please start your own thread to discuss your theory.

8. mpc755 Banned Banned

Here's another one you may never have heard of.

"Einstein's 'First Paper'"
    http://www.worldscibooks.com/etextbook/4454/4454_chap1.pdf

"The velocity of a wave is proportional to the square root of the elastic forces which cause [its] propagation, and inversely proportional to the mass of the aether moved by these forces."

The above more correctly stated as the following.

The velocity of a wave is proportional to the square root of the elastic forces which cause its propagation, and inversely proportional to the mass of the aether displaced by these forces.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

And... a diversion from the fact that you can't provide evidence.

Evidence please.
    Really? Two Jupiters? Isn't that rather grasping at straws?
    And how does that account for observed results on Earth? Someone surreptitiously brings a piece of the "lead Jupiter" to Earth every time we decide to take measurements?

Forget what I said about International Year of the Crank, with only a slight bit of effort I reckon you could make a lifetime's "career" out of stupidity with this one.

10. wlminex Banned Banned

MPC755:

I have previously posted (somewhere on Sciforum) my explanation of the double-slit "mechanism". I'll email it to you on your request - via wlminex@msn.com.

I know . . . AlexG and others . . shouldn't post emails here! . . .but what the "hey" . . we're trying to figure out the unkown secrets of the universe here!

wlminex

11. mpc755 Banned Banned

Another freakin know it all who can't answer a question.

How are you able to interpret '"According to the general theory of relativity space without ether is unthinkable" - Albert Einstein' to mean there is no ether in general relativity?

12. mpc755 Banned Banned

In a double slit experiment, the particle travels a single path and enters and exits a single slit. It is the associated aether displacement wave which enters and exits both slits. The aether displacement wave creates wave interference upon exiting the slits. As the particle exits a single slit, it is this interference which alters the direction the particle travels. Detecting the particle causes a loss of coherence of the associated aether displacement wave, there is no wave interference, and the direction the particle travels is not altered.

13. wlminex Banned Banned

MPC755:

"Well . . . 'excu-effin-use' ME!

Not arguing with your aether displacement hypothesis (is it really a theory yet?) . . .sounds like a new way of looking at it - which is how scienctific knowledge progresses!!

wlminex

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  14. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

I feel that Einstein was close, but being pre-computers he didn't have the tools to get the theory tied up very well.

15. mpc755 Banned Banned

I'm explaining to you what occurs physically in nature in a double slit experiment. If you choose not to understand it then that is your choice.

16. mpc755 Banned Banned

Einstein was most correct as a teenager.

"Einstein's 'First Paper'"
    http://www.worldscibooks.com/etextbo...4454_chap1.pdf

"The velocity of a wave is proportional to the square root of the elastic forces which cause [its] propagation, and inversely proportional to the mass of the aether moved by these forces."

The above more correctly stated as the following.

The velocity of a wave is proportional to the square root of the elastic forces which cause its propagation, and inversely proportional to the mass of the aether displaced by these forces.

17. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

That's if you feel you can allow for elastic forces. I find the idea of elastic forces to be based on someone sitting there thinking and noticing some elastic, then adding it to a theory of Aether. But bonding creates an elastic force, and to suggest that the Aether is bonded is to suggest that the Aether itself is made from a bonding agent. You now have a secondary particle. I don't like to include another particle with the Aether, because you are now chasing infinite regression.

18. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

So answer my question.

There's multiple possible answers, among which are:
    1) Einstein was wrong (he wasn't infallible you know).
    2) At what stage did he state that, and did he later change his mind?

A nonsensical declaration without support REMAINS a nonsensical declaration without support no matter how many times it's repeated.

One more time: WHAT EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE?

And still waiting for your "explanation" of the disparity between observed results and your claim that it's density not mass that "causes" gravity.

Evidence?

19. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

I would like to register my pleasure that mpc755 is back. The last thread I interacted with him/her on was this one, and it was a wonderful tour de force of crackpottery.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. mpc755 Banned Banned

The more mass per volume the less aether the volume contains the more aether which is displaced by the matter the more force there is exerted toward the matter by the displaced aether.

'Superfluid Is Shown To Have Property Of A Solid'
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1999/07/990730072958.htm

'Northwestern University physicists have for the first time shown that superfluid helium-3 -- the lighter isotope of helium, which is a liquid that has lost all internal friction, allowing it to flow without resistance and ooze through tiny spaces that normal liquids cannot penetrate -- actually behaves like a solid in its ability to conduct sound waves. ... "Faraday's finding was the first indication that light and magnetism were related," says William Halperin, professor of physics and astronomy at Northwestern. "I wouldn't say that our discovery is of that magnitude, but it is significant as the first observation of a previously unknown mode of wave propagation in a liquid -- one that is of the type you would expect to see in a solid."'

The aether is, or behaves similar to, a frictionless superfluid with properties of a solid.

The galaxy clusters in the following article are not traveling with dark matter. There is no such thing as dark matter. The galaxy clusters are moving through the aether. The galaxy clusters displace the aether.

'Hubble Finds Ghostly Ring of Dark Matter'
    http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/hubble/news/dark_matter_ring_feature.html

"Astronomers using NASA's Hubble Space Telescope got a first-hand view of how dark matter behaves during a titanic collision between two galaxy clusters. The wreck created a ripple of dark mater, which is somewhat similar to a ripple formed in a pond when a rock hits the water."

The 'pond' consists of aether. The moving 'particles' are the galaxy clusters. The 'ripple' is a gravitational wave. The 'ripple' is an aether displacement wave.

The above is physical evidence of a moving 'particle' having an associated aether displacement wave.

Aether has mass. Aether physically occupies three dimensional space. Aether is physically displaced by matter. Aether is not at rest when displaced. Displaced aether exerts force toward matter.

Aether displacement explains why the shape of the Milky Way's 'dark matter' is in the shape of a squished beach ball.

'Dark Halo Around Our Galaxy Looks Like Squished Beach Ball'
    http://www.space.com/7746-dark-halo-galaxy-squished-beach-ball.html

"Dark matter seems to shroud the remaining visible matter in giant spheres called haloes."

The Milky Way's halo is displaced aether.

"But the new study found that the Milky Way's halo isn't exactly spherical, but squished. In fact, its beach-ball form is flattened in a surprising direction perpendicular to the galaxy's visible, pancake-shaped spiral disk."

All of the aether displaced by the Milky Way matter exerts force toward the matter. The force exerted toward the matter by the aether displaced perpendicular to the plane of the galaxy's spiral disk offset. It is the aether which is displaced outward relative to the plane of the spiral disk which exerts force toward the center of the galaxy. This forces the matter closer together which results in the displaced aether looking like a squished beach ball.

Matter does not move with dark matter. Matter moves through the aether.

'Offset between dark matter and ordinary matter: evidence from a sample of 38 lensing clusters of galaxies'
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2966.2010.16739.x/abstract

"We compile a sample of 38 galaxy clusters which have both X-ray and strong lensing observations, and study for each cluster the projected offset between the dominant component of baryonic matter centre (measured by X-rays) and the gravitational centre (measured by strong lensing). Among the total sample, 45 per cent clusters have offsets [greater than]10 arcsec. The [greater than]10 arcsec separations are significant, considering the arcsecond precision in the measurement of the lensing/X-ray centres. This suggests that it might be a common phenomenon in unrelaxed galaxy clusters that gravitational field is separated spatially from the dominant component of baryonic matter. It also has consequences for lensing models of unrelaxed clusters since the gas mass distribution may differ from the dark matter distribution and give perturbations to the modelling. Such offsets can be used as a statistical tool for comparison with the results of Lambda cold dark matter ( CDM) simulations and to test the modified dynamics."

The offset is due to the galaxy clusters moving through the aether. The analogy is a submarine moving through the water. You are under water. Two miles away from you are many lights. Moving between you and the lights one mile away is a submarine. The submarine displaces the water. The state of displacement of the water causes the center of the lensing of the light propagating through the water to be offset from the center of the submarine itself. The offset between the center of the lensing of the light propagating through the water displaced by the submarine and the center of the submarine itself is going to remain the same as the submarine moves through the water. The submarine continually displaces different regions of the water. The state of the water connected to and neighboring the submarine remains the same as the submarine moves through the water even though it is not the same water the submarine continually displaces. This is what is occurring physically in nature as the galaxy clusters move through the aether.

The Universe is, or the local Universe we exist in is in, a jet.

'Mysterious Cosmic 'Dark Flow' Tracked Deeper into Universe'
    http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/releases/2010/10-023.html

'The clusters appear to be moving along a line extending from our solar system toward Centaurus/Hydra, but the direction of this motion is less certain. Evidence indicates that the clusters are headed outward along this path, away from Earth, but the team cannot yet rule out the opposite flow. "We detect motion along this axis, but right now our data cannot state as strongly as we'd like whether the clusters are coming or going," Kashlinsky said.'

The clusters are headed along this path because the Universe is, or the local Universe we exist in is, a jet. Analogous to the polar jet of a black hole.

The following is an image analogous of the Universal jet:

http://aether.lbl.gov/image_all.html

The reason for the 'expansion' of the universe is the continual emission of aether into the Universal jet. Three dimensional space associated with the Universe itself is not expanding. What we see in our telescopes is the matter associated with the Universe moving outward and away from the Universal jet emission point. In the image above, '1st Stars' is where aether condenses into matter.

The following is an image analogous of the Universe, or the local Universe, we exist in:

http://www.astro.ucla.edu/planetarium/graphics/st_images/BlackHole.jpg

Dark energy is the change in state of the aether emitted into and propagating through the Universal jet.

It's not the Big Bang. It's the Big Ongoing.

Einstein's definition of motion as applied to the ether is defined throughout the following article as the ether does not consist of individual particles which can be separately tracked through time.

I interpret Einstein's definition of motion as applied to the ether as it can not be known if ether consists of particles or not.

'Ether and the Theory of Relativity - Albert Einstein'
    http://www.tu-harburg.de/rzt/rzt/it/Ether.html

"if, in fact nothing else whatever were observable than the shape of the space occupied by the water as it varies in time, we should have no ground for the assumption that water consists of movable particles. But all the same we could characterise it as a medium."

"There may be supposed to be extended physical objects to which the idea of motion cannot be applied. They may not be thought of as consisting of particles which allow themselves to be separately tracked through time."

"The special theory of relativity forbids us to assume the ether to consist of particles observable through time, but the hypothesis of ether in itself is not in conflict with the special theory of relativity."

"According to the general theory of relativity space without ether is unthinkable;...But this ether may not be thought of as endowed with the quality characteristic of ponderable media, as consisting of parts which may be tracked through time. The idea of motion may not be applied to it."

Every time Einstein mentions motion as applied to the ether it is defined as the ether does not consist of individual particles which can be separately tracked through time. This is different than Einstein's definition of mobility as applied to the ether.

The ether of general relativity is mobile.

"It may be added that the whole change in the conception of the ether which the special theory of relativity brought about, consisted in taking away from the ether its last mechanical quality, namely, its immobility."

"the state of the [ether] is at every place determined by connections with the matter and the state of the ether in neighbouring places, ... disregarding the causes which condition its state."

The state of the ether as determined by its connections with the matter and the state of the ether in neighboring places is the state of displacement of the ether.

"Since according to our present conceptions the elementary particles of matter are also, in their essence, nothing else than condensations of the electromagnetic field"

The electromagnetic field is a state of aether.

Matter is condensations of aether.

DOES THE INERTIA OF A BODY DEPEND UPON ITS ENERGY-CONTENT?' A. EINSTEIN
    http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/E_mc2/e_mc2.pdf

"If a body gives off the energy L in the form of radiation, its mass diminishes by L/c2."

The mass of the body does diminish; however, the matter which no longer exists as part of the body has not vanished. It still exists, as aether.

Matter evaporates into aether.

As matter converts to aether it expands in three dimensional space. The physical effects this transition has on the neighboring aether and matter is energy.

Mass is conserved. Energy is conserved.

A change in state of that which has mass is energy.

Force exerted toward matter by aether displaced by matter is gravity.

Your turn. Explain what occurs physically in nature in a double slit experiment.

21. mpc755 Banned Banned

The 'elastic force' is the state of displacement.

The aether is, or behaves similar to, a frictionless superfluid with properties of a solid.

22. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

I can't believe I am doing this but...

This quote from Einstein, "According to the general theory of relativity space without ether is unthinkable.", almost certainly comes from his 1920 University of Leyden address. If you pay close attention to the whole of his address, the use of "ether" and "space" are equivalent. He was not saying that there is ether in space. What he was saying is that the dynamic relationship between space and matter described by GR, requires that space have some intrinsic substance of its own. No particles, no parts, but some characteristic though which it interacts with matter. In that sense space is like a relativistic ether. Not the aether of Lorentz and Maxwell, but the "space" of Einstein.

Again, Einstein was not saying that "the ether" exists. He was saying that for all practical purposes space itself can be nowhere considered devoid of some inherent quality through which the interaction of space and matter takes place.

Einstein's ether IS space!

Just my thoughts on that particular lecture....

P.S. The pressure theory of gravity still does not work!

23. mpc755 Banned Banned

"the state of the [ether] is at every place determined by connections with the matter and the state of the ether in neighbouring places, ... disregarding the causes which condition its state."

The state of the aether at every place determined by connections with the matter and the state of the aether in neighboring places is the state of displacement of the aether.

Curved spacetime is displaced aether.

Force exerted toward matter by aether displaced by matter is gravity.