Adios!

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by S.A.M., Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

The SciForums recession

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

WTF are you on about? I'm not stalking Sam. She started posting on another forum that I have been posting. People here want to discuss things with her and I am merely helping them out.

Where in the OP does it state not to post links to where Sam currently posts?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Because people are asking, that's why.

Now, I have no problem with following your orders, sir, however this one seems like it's fit specifically for me, and not a general forum rule. Again, I have no problem with that, as long as you're stating such.

I would suspect though, and correct me if I'm wrong, that Sam probably sent you a PM asking you to remove the link, yes?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Shut up, Bells. It's really none of your business what I do with my time. And, if you had any brains in your head, you'd know I wasn't obsessed with or am stalking Sam. And, if I was the one posting in the "other" forum for some time, and Sam stopped posting here and started posting at the "other" forum, who the fuck do you think might be the stalker?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  8. Rick Valued Senior Member

Trust me. They ALWAYS come back. I don't even remember when I first joined sciforums, I think i was in high school back then ... its been so long.

Oh and yea I hope to see you in some politics thread.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Rick

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

well it sure seems like it.
    i feel a PM would have served the purpose better.

it can be inferred from the expression "cold turkey" that she wants no more of this place (Q). you should respect that.

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Well alright then

, If (Q) wants to can he PM me the link is that not a reasonable compromise?

11. Bells Staff Member

Lets see, we're what? Six pages into her goodbye thread and instead of just saying goodbye and leaving it at that, you have posted links to other forums she is posting in and demanding answers from/about her, made spurious allegations against her, and continue to try to find out if she has returned and is conversing with the admin or anyone else via PM. No, you're not obsessed with her at all.

12. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Now if I may, with my well known objectivity...

With maybe a slight input from yours truly. Here is the summary and evaluation of Sam as a farewell to her:

- She was good at moderating her own subcategory, Biology.
    - She was unbearable when she started repeating threads on atheists issues. Just for that she should have been demoted long time ago.
    - We couldn't put her on Ignore because of her moderator status, lots of grievance from lots of members, eventually probably caused her demotion.
    - She was never been able to say "I am wrong" but changed the issues.
    - Just like Draqon, had no life outside of the internet. Not that bad unless it results 50 posts a day... (quantity =/= quality)

Offtopic but she seems to be in the wrong profession. Never get attached to the clients whom you are going to kill later on.....

Oh yeah, here is a picture of her, obligatory in goodbye threads:

(OK, it is not really her, but I have found this way to deal with her: I always imagined her like this, so I got a stiffy instead of high blood pressure. It worked!)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I think of this thread more like us farting in SAM face.

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And how pray tell, did you come to that conclusion? I've been posting in another forum for some time, are you with me so far? Sam stops posting here and begins posting in that other forum, got it?

So, who would be stalking who? Think about it. Take your time.

Explain?

Then, you have no point to make with respect to that other forum, or the fact that Sam is posting in that other forum, or the fact that I placed a link to that other forum.

And once again, Sam would be lying in that she wants no more of this place and that she has gone "cold turkey" as she has already sent me a PM, and most likely Plazma, too, based on others posts here.

How is that "cold turkey" sir?

15. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

So there are two theories here:
    1. SAM has left internet forums altogether on the account of realizing s/he has no life or some other IRL related epiphany.
    2. SAM has left because s/he is disgruntled from losing her moderator powers and has lied claiming reason #1.

(Q) believes in #2 and claims to have the evidence but forum policy inhibits its showing, allow me to observe the evidence in private and we can end this.

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Dude, if after 10000 posts you still don't know that Sam was a guy, you shouldn't even care why he left....

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I could give a shit why he/she left. I am just happy they won't be tracking my every PM and making up a big conspiracy theory.

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

maybe she doesn't like the other forum (not sciforums). i'm talking about a third forum here.

let's not argue semantics here (Q).
    sam left. she stated she was leaving. she hasn't posted since to my knowledge.

on the flip side i understand where you are coming from.

19. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Girl, I wasn't talking to you, but another 10K poster who doesn't know Sam's gender.

(I was just obfuscating in my previous post, but apparently, someone fell for it.)

20. leopold Valued Senior Member

unless you have seen sam in the flesh you don't know either.

21. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Let me be clear.
    1) I don't like (Q)
    2) I think he handles atheism as if it were a religion.
    3) This blinds him to reality and leads him to pursue a dogma ridden agenda of condemnation of any form or aspect of theism.
    4) Did I mention I don't like (Q).

However, it was entirely appropriate that he post a link to where SAM is currently posting. Members who are genuinely interested in SAM, in a positive way, and who miss her contributions may decide it is worth checking out what she is posting. (Not afraid of losing posters are you Plazma?:bawl

Posting the link was an appropriate and natural action on the part of (Q). If SAM really wanted to remain anonymous she could have registered at the other forum with a quite different name, not resurrected an old name from here.

And (Q) has been posting on the other forum, actively, for years. As usual, he is impossible to miss.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Ophiolite
    what sam choses to do or not do is up to her. If people want to contact her and PM her here thats there choice, if she comes back to get those messages thats her choice. However no one has a right to track her to anywhere else. What Q posted was as much an invasion of her privacy as if he had posted her address or phone number.

23. leopold Valued Senior Member

if the posters are the intellectually dishonest sensationalists that sam was he won't be losing much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.