about da members round 24! hypewaders

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by redarmy11, May 31, 2008.

1. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

That was merely a clumsy attempt at self- and site-deprecating humor. Everyone likes attention, and the illusion of being the center of it. I dabble in lighter threads now and then, or sometimes just post anywhere without much thought. I seriously try not to take any of this stuff too seriously.

Although I've scoffed at the vanity (and probably will again) I think it would be an interesting standard option for everyone here to have (if they choose) their own personal ask-me-anything open thread, easily accessible through clicking usernames to Profiles.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Good idea! I always say that you can never have enough places to spew bile.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

hype:

if i before e except after c what should we do with the prescient neighbor who follows science or feigns to perhaps to assuage his beige conscience in a foreign society. Heigh-ho says he, as he deigns to weigh the surfeit of codeine - weird, but neither here nor there, or so says the sheik as he carries on seizing seismically, attempting to deify the eight sovereign heifers.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I know- cleidoic rules defy conscience, deigning to deify these didactic dreidels, while we either feign gleization or forfeit any leitmotiv. What heinous heirs, heisting prescient reins in seismic veins, like veiled teiids. It's weird.

8. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Er.. the last two posts are just spamtabulous gibberish. Have you both gone in Seine?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

We only feign zeine.

10. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

"A helicopter once fished me out of the Persian Gulf, though (foundered in a sailboat) and I'm grateful for that."

do tell us.

11. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I had a Hobie 16 in Arabia. I sorta abused it alot, running it up on the beach very fast at the end of a sail, sliding it as close as I could get to its spot on the beach. This caused wear on the bottom of the hulls, which I repaired from time to time. I discovered I had botched a repairs when she started shipping a lot of water when I capsized one day, sailing with my Dad aboard: We couldn't overcome the extra weight of the water and right the boat, and it got very choppy with a strong offshore breeze. We were almost entirely out of sight of land (I could just make out one high dune on the horizon) no radio, and nobody aware that we were in trouble. We found ourselves worn out getting the sails off, and struggling to right the boat, and drifting Eastward at about 3 knots.

I had a bag of fluorescent dye stowed in a hull. We decided to take that, and began swimming in the direction of the dune we last sighted. I left a little dye in the water every 100 meters or so, and we swam and swam, now suffering some from exposure after a half-day's struggle. A Bell 214 returning from an oil rig spotted my dye, and picked us up. We were taken to the hospital and hydrated intravenously, and were fine- just sore and sunburned.

12. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Sailing eh ?

Are you afraid of water ?

Spiders or Tigers ?

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Tiger Spiders..

14. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Why do people like bugs ?

I'm getting shivers everytime i see one of those damn things.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Why ? :scratchin:

They are just awesome

16. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

But, an exploding barrel is just as awesome, why couldn't you take photo's of those instead ?.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Insects are simply fascinating, if you get into their biology (behavior, evolution, physiology, etc) I guarantee you will be amazed and awed.

18. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I first must desentize myself to them.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You mean 'desensitize' ?

20. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Challenger78: "Are you afraid of water ?"

Only if breathable air is running out. Stories like Das Boot and Kursk do stir a little bit of fear, that never seriously arose for me aboard submarines. Sucking the last air through a scuba regulator has made me anxious too.

"Spiders or Tigers ?"

Only if they're bigger than me.

"Why do people like bugs ? "

I don't know. I find the notion of eating them distasteful- including shrimp, crabs, and lobster.