Abortion

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Anarcho Union, Feb 25, 2010.

?

Do You Believe in Abortion

1. Yes, its my body, its my right

23 vote(s)
    41.1%
  2. Yes, I Have Had One And It Made My Life Better

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Yes (other reason)

19 vote(s)
    33.9%
  4. No, Wheres the Babys Rights? He/She is an American Too

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. No, It is Murder

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  6. No, (Other Reason)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I don't think anyone is denying that. And we're sorry for your pain. At least I am.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

like i said, "you play, you pay."

not the gravity of pregnancy, the gravity of sex. reckless driving can result in another person's death.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Why does a blob of gelatine matter so much that a woman should have it no matter what?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i think some people are denying that, not in regards to my experience, but to probably an unknown experience.

the pain i felt was very unexpected and shocking to me. for years, i tried to ignore my feelings because there was no way to logically explain them or to reconcile them. that discrepancy caused me to question big things, and i'm thankful for that.

but i don't know that everyone feels what i feel. i remember when i was in the recovery room crying. i looked around the room and noticed that the other girls there seemed irritated by my emotions. they all looked like they were at a routine visit to the dentist's office.

can't really explain that. :shrug:

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

you were a blob of gelatin once.

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Yes and if my mom had aborted me, that would not be a big deal, because I would have no mind, no emotions, no hopes, no fears, no passions. Not a crime.

There are people enough to fill up the damn planet.

10. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

But an abortion dosen't. No person is being harmed (in a physical sense, can't speak for the woman's psychological state). Therefore, the result of aborting a zygote or pre-neocortical fetus has less ethical impact than speeding. As I said.

So my question was, why all the ruckus?

11. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Well, that's the beauty of being a person and having full ownership of your body and mind. You have zero obligation to explain or justify yourself to anyone for what you do with your body or what you think. Thank god. (just using a vernacular expression for great relief... I'm still an atheist, thank god. Damn. Did it again...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

let's forget about abortion for a minute. i believe that the whole purpose of life is to learn. and i think that in order to truly learn, you have to be honest, and forthright, accountable, and responsible. you have to actually SUFFER the consequences of your actions. because if you never suffer them, then how can you learn?

we are all a part of nature, and so to go against nature, is to ultimately go against our own selves.

there IS such a thing as law. science has proven that. chemical, physical, biological, natural, universal law. and imo, to strive to circumvent that law is damning.

13. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

You think a woman should go through the process of having an unwanted child just to learn a lesson??

Sorry, that's irresponsible and grossly unreasonable.

And where is this law that says you must have babies?

14. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

and no life. don't you think you belong here? don't you think that you're valuable?

there is no one else out there like you.

doesn't that mean something pretty profound? you are invaluable. precious. as is everyone.

15. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Same idea:

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

yeah i do. i think that with the knowledge we have today about where babies come from, there shouldn't be any unwanted babies.

i think that not acknowledging this simple fact is irresponsible and grossly unreasonable.

the law doesn't say you HAVE to have babies. the law says that when a sperm and an egg unite in a womb, a baby is made. deal with it.

i suppose that your way of dealing with it is to kill it. my way of dealing with it now, would be to take care of it.

17. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Um, no. I'm of average height, average intelligence (I don't care what those stupid test results say), average ability at most things, and no real special traits that most other 19 year old females also have.

There are plenty out there like me. The world wouldn't have missed one.

18. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I agree every child should be a wanted child. Hence I'm pro-choice.

And nowhere does it say I have to keep it, let it ruin my body and drain nutrients from my bloodstream, and look after the little shit afterwards.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

This is a very naive view. Noble, but naive. Individuals value other individuals to one degree or another. And the farther from your immediate social vicinity, the less you value them. I can prove it.

You would dive in front of a train to save your child, as I know for a fact that I would. But you would not leave your child to go diving in front of trains (or mobs of armed genocidal maniacs) in Uganda to save children. You value your loved ones and friends in a definite pecking order.

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i found reluctantly and painfully, that i had an obligation to explain or justify it to myself. that was the problem. i had a list of good reasons a mile long to justify what i did...that said it was the right thing to do. and in the end, none of those reasons mattered one bit. in the end, i had to admit, that i had acted irresponsibly, and i just didn't want to deal with the consequences. i just wanted them to go away. what i did was wrong. and even though i killed my child, the consequences really didn't go away.

like i said, it was a cop out. the ultimate cop out. and i have to live with that.

21. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Errmm... no, it dosen't. Science and the law define it as a zygote. The initial dividing into diploid cells from the haploid cells of the sperm and egg.

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

yes it's a misconception that is ruining our lives here on this planet. the truth is that everyone is equally valuable, though unique. imagine how different things would be if we all realized that.

23. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

fact is, that unless it dies for some reason, it pops out a baby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.