Abortion

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by JOEBIALEK, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

oh snap! I wish I had said that.
    <file away in memory for future arguments>

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

easy because god is a screw up, he cant get anything right

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tresbien Banned Banned

If I were to give each one of you one hundred dollars for no reason, just for being here, you would at least say thank you. What about your eyes, your kidneys, your brain, your children, and your life: Who gave you all of that? Is He not worthy of praise and thanks? Is He not worthy of your worship and recognition?
    .Think about the oceans, the fish, the insects, the birds, the plants, bacteria, and chemical elements that have not yet been discovered and cannot be detected even with the most sophisticated instruments. Yet each of them has a law that they follow. Did all of this synchronization, balance, harmony, variation, design, maintenance, operation and infinite numeration happen all by chance? Do these things function perfectly and perpetually also by chance? No, of course not

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I'm still trying to get used to the notion that some people think having someone else get an abortion is an "equal choice" with themselves getting one.

Doesn't seem very equal.

The one who is pregnant makes any decisions about abortion, regardless of which one that is. That's fair. Any children born are the equal responsibility of all those who contributed DNA. That's fair.

The one carrying the baby pays for that decision in the gestation and birth - the other one pays essentially nothing for that, and has no say. Anyone who wants an abortion is free to get one, anyone who doesn't is free to refuse one. That's fair.

I can't see the problem here.

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

it happened by chance

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Those things- kidneys, brain, children, existence, are worthy of appreciation, but there is no one for whom to thank. Thank existence, thank the convergence of circumstances that led to being alive. The natural laws lead to organisms that work within them. This came about through billions of years of trial and error. Once the spark occurred, the tiniest repetition of a successful pattern of chemistry, it spread like a fire. Evolution is not the same as chance. It depends on chaos and error, but it can accumulate complexity through the use of information. I don't think religious people fully appreciate the explanatory power of the theory of evolution and natural selection.

There are probably many places in the universe where life started and then died out.

10. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

not really, dont you think its natures way of saying this isnt right?

i have 5 misscarraiges and i still think the same way, it was meant to be.

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

my sympathy to you. That was quite an insensitive remark and was DEFINITLY not aimed at women who have misscaried or men whos partners have misscaried (actually my mum almost lost me, she spent 6 weeks flat on her back so that she wouldnt). It was aimed at the god bothers in conjuntion with spidergoats comment.

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I feel for ya. My son was my 4th pregnancy and I told my husband that was it. If we lost him, I was done. We didn't even have a crib or anything, I was so paranoid. Nothing worse than having to dismantle a nursery.

13. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Given enough time, the Earth will almost certainly join them.

14. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

oh right ok Agaurd my mistake, sorry!

15. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

no i know, we bought everything and had to pack it all away, but still it happens, and i now haev 3 lovely kids

16. tresbien Banned Banned

PRAISE be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds. Allah suffices me, and He is the best Protector. There is no help or power save in Allah, the high, the Mighty.

Allah is the Glorious and the Mighty, the answerer of every person in need and every person with a request. Indeed Allah is free of all wants, and He is answerable to non. We have no other god, but Him, whilst He has many servants other than us. Indeed Allah has revealed:
    "O mankind! It is you who stand in need of Allah, but Allah is Rich (Free of all wants and needs), Worthy of All Praise."
    [Qur'an 35:15]

O Allah, I rid myself of reliance upon any help or power save Your Help and Your Power O Allah, I intend to ask for blessings upon the Prophet, Allah's blessings and peace be upon him, in obedience to Your Command and with faith in Your Prophet, our master Muhammad, Allah's blessings and peace be upon him, loving him and longing for him, extolling the greatness of his rank and because is he deserving of this. Accept this from us through Your Favours and Your Grace, and make the veil of forgetfulness fall from my heart and make me one of Your Righteous Slaves.

O Allah ! We ask you everything that is good ,in this world and the Hereafter ,whether we know it or not ; and seek Your protection from everything that is bad, in this world and the Hereafter, whether we know it or not.
    O Allah ! Give us piety and purify our souls . You are the Master and the Lord of souls .O Allah we seek Your guard from vain knowledge, lack of Your fearing and from having an unsatisfiable soul and an unanswered supplication.

Çááåã ÇÌÚá áäÇ ãä ßá åã ÝÑÌÇ æãä ßá ÖíÞ ãÎÑÌÇ æãä ßá ÈáÇÁ ÚÇÝíÉ

O Allah ! Relieve us from all distress alleviate all our worries and cure all our illness

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  17. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

and you think Allah is the only god??

gods are evil aswell you know,

18. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Abortion ought to be outlawed, I agree.

There are precautions a lady can take against getting pregnant. It is not the fault of the innocent baby (that gets killed) that his mother is a dumbass.

Life, as you said, Human life begins at that point, and that new life will develop into a real Human being with emotions and needs and desires. Abortion robs a new soul of its chance to experience life. Is the extra expense of caring for a child worth losing your Humanity over?

19. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

whoa there!!

what if the woman is raped? what if the condom broke and they didnt know it? what if the pill didnt work? what if the man told her that he was not able to have kids? what if's...............there are a lot of them, that was just a typical MALE remark to make, the lady should take precautions, why not the guy, who should it always be the womans department?

whereas i totally disagree with abortion, i get miffed when some person says "the woman should take precautions" what, unless i slept through a whole load of baby making process, does it now take just one person??

20. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Yes but ....ermm self deleting to avoid banning...umm the patriarchy is obviously alive, well and predictably deluded in certain quarters.

21. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

piffle! what are you talking about?

22. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Code for ______'s a knob.

Mod Note — Damn it, Spud ...! Okay, okay. My advice is that if you think something is fairly obvious, keep with the subtlety.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2008
  23. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

okie

Mod Note — Content adjustment. See #359 above.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2008