A U.N. resolution seeks to criminalize opinions that differ with the Islamic faith.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by w1z4rd, Mar 4, 2009.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Dont be silly, arguing keeps you interested and active, wizard is just a douchebag.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It doesn't conflate Islam with Arab ethnicity. Youre thinking Jews. It discusses racism against Arabs and people who everyone assumes are terrorists because they look Arab or have a Mohammed in their name. To most people in the west, there is no difference between Syria, Tunisia, Iran, Iraq or Saudi Arabia.

In fact, just read any thread on Muslims here on sciforums and tell me what the difference is in people's minds. Every Muslim is an Arab and vice versa.

Hilarious. You'd think the Jews hating the Nazis was xenophobia.

Hitchens is bigot who wants the right to spread hatred. Ergo, I'm not interested in his charges. I've yet to meet a racist who did not think he has the right to point out what he sees as deficiencies in the "other".

It is possible to discuss beliefs and address ideas without spreading polemic and being alarmist. Hitchens claims are ludicrous, but no more than al Qaeda behind every bush in the Middle East as the Americans seem to think, probably thinking that Afghnanistan and Pakistan also constitute "Arab minds"

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. swarm Registered Senior Member

Oh, the irony.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is it? Only if you cannot see the distinction between perception and reality in "criticism". Wanting a "right" to throw a Quran out the window is not criticism. It is polemic.

Pointing out your Jewish wife as indication of your "tolerance" while mocking Jewish customs is not criticisms, its grandstanding.

Its like a racist raping a black woman and considering it a favour.

Just look at the title of the OP, is that criticism or is it polemic?

People like wizard base their reality on what is written by people like Hitchens and Dawkins

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  8. copernicus66 Banned Banned

Fuckin' A. My irony metre just exploded.

9. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Its a pathetic God that needs laws to protect its name. I mean how useless do you honestly have to be to ask the UN to protect you? Invisible Gods are clearly useless.

Impotent Gods ... Middle East... make sense.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And you from an ex-apartheid state. Pathetic.

11. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Fixed that for you.

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

So, all Muslims would defend the actions of extremists who blow themselves up?

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

"In Paragraph 6, an obvious attempt is being made to confuse ethnicity with confessional allegiance. Indeed this insinuation (incidentally dismissing the faith-based criminality of 9/11 as merely "tragic") is in fact essential to the entire scheme. If religion and race can be run together, then the condemnations that racism axiomatically attracts can be surreptitiously extended to religion, too. This is clumsy, but it works: The useless and meaningless term Islamophobia, now widely used as a bludgeon of moral blackmail, is testimony to its success."

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You base your reality on what was written by superstitious people 1400 years ago. Dawkins is a biologist and should understand reality far more than those who thought they understood reality those many years ago.

17. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

I actually thought that this was the most ironic statement in that post, considering that it closely followed a blanket comparison of Westerners to Nazis.

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Oh this is just bullshit.

SAM, you are sliding downhill fast, ever faster than me, and i gave up long ago.

M

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Liberation looks very different to the victims.

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

You'll do a lot better with SAM if you think of him/her as a paid Palestinian propagandist. SAM acts like one, posts like one, and has all the appropriate links within easy posting ....for almost any and all issues. Paid propagandist!

Baron Max

21. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Idiocy, on the other hand, is pretty uniform in aspect.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

True, never surprises me when Americans wonder why "liberation" arouses such ire in the liberated.

To actually believe they'd be greeted as liberators

/shakes head

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

It happened all across Europe and North Africa and Italy during World War II, SAM, or had you forgotten that little war?

Baron Max