A story needs criticism!

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, Oct 11, 2001.

1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Listen I'm writing a novel, and it needs criticism! Its science fiction and I think its pretty good, but I need someone else beside myself to tell me what is good and bad about it. All I ask is that anyone who's interested just fork over their email and allow me to send em an excerpt. Don't hold back on your criticism, this is a forum and we dont REALLY know each other. Thanks a lot.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

is it scarey creepy, bone chilling.. spine tingling.. freaky... horrifying....?
    could it give nightmares to the utterly paranoid?
    if it fits any of the obove.. ya prolly hsouldn't send it..
    but if it dont...
    FEEL FREE. -laughs-

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

If it is NOT Horror or post nuclear devastation - send me a copy. Good Luck

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Send me one also and I will look at it.

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

emails? No its not creepy or anything. Kind've like Arthur Clarke meeting Michael Chrichton.

9. Counterbalance Registered Senior Member

Kewl!

Me, too, shrike!

Send me an excerpt and I'll see if I can offer some constructive criticism.

Thx,

Counterbalance

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I think I'll put in the basic plot of the story for those of you who are interested and those of you who could become interested:

Title: Evolution
    First Part: The Greatly Shrunken Infinity
    A scientist uses tachyons to travel from Earth to another star, bringing forth a revolution of space travel. (finished)
    Second Part: (name is unsure)
    Humans have now spread across the Milky Way and parts of Andromeda and an old war between two bitter rivals, the Union and the Confederacy, the first being a democratic nation and the second an empire. The war will bring the galaxy under control of a single government and all humans for the first time ever under control of a single governmental entity. Meanwhile genetic experiments on humans have enabled them superhuman powers, giving them lightening-fast brains and reflexes similar to what you'd see in the matrix. They are called Sitlexau (pronounced Sit lex ow).(close to being finished)
    Third Part: Metamorphosis
    Humans are now putting their brains inside robots for the first time and exploring the entire universe, finding no evidence of any advanced alien life. I am unsure about exactly what to do about this part, it's still a bit hazy but I think I'll throw in this: humans are also beginning to realize their psychic potential. (just begun)
    Fourth Part: Crysalis
    Humans are now all inside robots and are beginning to transfer themselves to archon-like entities of immense psychic power.(hasnt begun)
    Fifth Part: End Game
    Humans have unwittingly sealed their fate. When they transferred to becoming archons they lost their ability to reproduce, and so over the course of a few thousand years every human but one has disapeared. The last has found a planet far from the ancient world of Earth with intelligent life with the current technology of today. They are engaged in a bitter battle between another alien foe of immense evil, and the last human at the end of his/her life does everything possible to end the war between the rivals and extinguish the evil once and for all before evaporating into the matter in which it originated from.

And so goes the story of human technological and biological evolution!

11. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

email it to me. my email is in my profile.

12. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

The thing is I need to email it as an attachment, since it's a hundred pages long and the sciforum emailer thing doesn't have an attachment thingy, and it doesn't show the email addresses of anyone. If anyone knows where they are actually listed tell me, pleaseee! Otherwise just list em here.

13. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

EVERYONE STOP!!! WET1, MACHAON, STOP READING THE STORY

I've been looking through it and realized that it still needs some final editing touches before it becomes what I intended it to be. I'll probably be done by tomorrow and be able to email it in the morning. Stop where you are and mark your page. You see, originally there was just a confederacy and an empire, then I decided to change it to the union and a confederacy that was like an empire, but by then I was a hundred pages into it and didn't have time to go back and check the story out and replace 'confederacy' with 'union.'

14. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

thats odd.. somone from here has emailed me at my regualer email before.. creepy.... anyway.. here it is..
    nightfall_afterdark@hotmail.com
    yeah.. i know it dont make sense.. lol..
    cant wait to hear your story.

15. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

The updated story has been sent. Thanks for reading, take as much time as you need.

If you could post some initial feedback that'd be great. What does the story need and not need? Is there enough description? Too much action?

If anyone didn't recieve the second copy just say so and I'll email it again.

16. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Hey-has anyone read any of it yet?

I've been in the dark!