A qestion on evolution and the "first organisms".

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by geistkiesel, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry Geistkeissel, but I think we may be talking past each other here. I have read and re-read your post several times and it does not make sense to me. I do not mean it is nonsense, but literally I have no idea what you are trying to say, though I suspect it may be quite interesting.

I will attempt to address the only part of your post I understood.
    The ancestral line is long ago lost in the 'mists of dawn'. The dramatically different environment of that time permitted/encouraged the emergence of simple replicating/metabolising systems that existed in the border between life and non-life. There may well have been many similar systems, only a few of which proved fittest for survival. This is not a novel or controversial idea and I am puzzled that you appear to be rejecting it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. geistkiesel Valued Senior Member

I wasn't aware was rejecting the idea decribed here, I don't have any objections so far. Do all the organism mentioned have a trail back to one single entity? If so then the emergence of these simple systems are still within the defined limits of the "single entity" model. Do I read you correctly?

I was beginning to sense that I was unable to describe the "multiple entity" scenario as the responses seemed inordinately skewed from my posts and questions.
    A hastily scribbled figure might clear things up. I didn't mean to send you off into a dark hole of analytical stress. Do you have any scars you want to describe or to show me?
    Geistkiesel

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.