A new physics forum: Hidden Variables

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Schmelzer, May 6, 2016.

1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The gravitational lensing I have seen posited as a cause of confirmed observations includes lensing from distant, large, and distinctly non-Solar entities - are we to presume these things have the required "atmospheres", as well?

Speaking as a layman, just looking at the arguments, the frequency with with Einstein's name comes up reminds me of the frequency with which Darwin's name comes up in various attempts to argue against Darwinian evolution in biology - this manner of arguing from authority mistakes the nature of the authority invoked, imho.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

None have discussed the Sun's atmosphere ; none ; Zero .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The Sun was not involved. What atmospheres are you claiming they overlooked?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Why should they? The effect when the Sun is involved is minimal at best, and gravitational lensing occurs with many cosmological entities, including Neutron stars, BH's and DM.
    I realise you have a beef against science as it has failed to give any credibility to any of your paranormal beliefs and Aliens flittering in and then flittering out again, but that's what science and the scientific method does best....sorting the shit from the clay.

8. river

That is my point iceaura ; the Sun's corona was not considered at all for this so called " gravitational lensing " .

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You don't have a point:
    The effect when the Sun is involved is minimal at best, and gravitational lensing occurs with many cosmological entities, including Neutron stars, BH's and DM.

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

river argued this point in another thread around 7 or 8 weeks ago.
    All this continued saga is showing is that he does not read or accept anything that interferes with his obsession against mainstream science.
    The many answers he received previously concerned the fact that light refracted by the Sun's corona is chromatic [i.e., it refracts at different wavelengths] Gravitational lensing is achromatic as was shown in that thread in many papers.

11. river

• No content in post, no topic/question addressed in post, no citation to site or indication that whole content of post was copied.

[Moderator: Stolen from http://www.hyperflight.com/unbearable.htm and related pages without original comment or citation or indication it was a quote.]

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  12. river

Further

[Moderator: Stolen from http://www.hyperflight.com/ and related pages without original comment or citation or indication it was a quote.]

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Now you are obviously trolling river, and also you have given no link to whatever it is you are trying to claim.

14. river

Understand it first pad.

15. iceaura Valued Senior Member

It wasn't even happening in this solar system. It was in the other direction from the Sun, and very far away.

paddoboy likes this.
  16. river

Yes it was.

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

river ignored the obvious continually...It interferes with his ghost/goblins and supernatural agenda.

18. river

Having a tough go of understanding my point pad ?

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I understand you are trolling, and I understand that whenever you are caught between a rock and a hard place, you start trolling.
    I'll leave you to what you do best.
    And again, you have given no link to whatever you are trying to claim...that's against the rules.

20. river

http://www.hyperflight.com/starlight.htm

21. river

22. exchemist Valued Senior Member

reported for probable plagiarism

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No it wasn't....Oh and thanks for finally linking, albeit being pseudoscience in most respect....You do know what a reputable link is?
    Explains actually why you were so reluctant to give it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: May 15, 2016