A man claims to be 250+ years old

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by pluto2, Jul 8, 2013.

1. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

No. I would discount any claims by someone who also wrote winningsalesmanship.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. rr6 Banned Banned

120 Maximum Average( to be attained imho )

I doubt it. Recent years I've been hearing tales related to our new knowledge and technologies that will create a population of people who will live and average of 300 years.

Also been hearing that humans will create biological life, from where before there was none-- i.e. from scratch ---. I don't think so.

I forget now, but I recall some years back, there is two set codon triplet at the each end of section of RNA or DNA or both and that this 6 letter code was speculated to be the determining factor for the life of the biological. Sorry I can't recall more.

Myt personal feelings on this issue stem from cosmic limits with the geometry of the maximal regular polyhedron called the icosahedron. The maximum number of right triangles that envelope to entire surface of a icosahedron is 120 right triangles. That and under geometrics related to 120 make believe there is maximum average age that complex humans can attain.

Sure we may have some that live longer or shorter. But the average maximum, I believe will not ever surpass 120.

As for humans creating biological life, from where before there was none, has not been done and never will. imho

A lady scientist did some experiments to recreate conditions on Earth and that of metorite like object striking the Earth. So she put some organic materials--- if not amino-acids ---in the container reproduced extreme pressures and to her surprise, instead of the organic molecules or whatever she use being reduced to a less complex debri field, she found the more complex polymers or was it ligans were produced.

This got me to thinking, that, if were take that scenario out to and extreme, we could consider and idea that the most complex entities of Universe that we know to exist---man and woman or at least there RNA-DNA ---might be created from even more extremes ex a black hole.

r6

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Uh...the word you were looking for is "telomeres" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telomere

Since we can already control how long we live to a certain extent, that has been proven possible. What the limits are to that process is yet to be seen. I would suggest that disposing out-of-hand all that the futurists currently speculate on would be an error. Atomic energy, space travel, the electric grid, organ transplants and many other modern marvels were initially objects of speculation in fictional stories (2000 leagues beneath the sea, from the earth to the moon, Frankenstein etc)

There are many folks working on artificial life at this time, it is in process to an actuality. The things needed to form our type of life are abundant in this area of the galaxy and appear to be elsewhere as well.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

The bible specifically says in Genesis that God has set a humans expiration date at a maximum of 120 years. So this guy must be lying - there certainly couldn't be inaccuracies in the bible.

9. rr6 Banned Banned

Telomeres( Two Codon triplets--6 + 6 = 12 )

Thx Stoniphi, I agree that predicting the future beyond a certain degree is fools play based on the historical records of what was predicted and what actually came to be.

There are two considerations in the length of human life;

1) nutriton ergo average age going from some minimal amount of years in past, to our current high average age of 70's or early 80's and those may not be in relation to any specific genetics relateing specifically to age,

2) the manipulation of genes/codons that may be specific to the aging process.

The things needed to create biological life are indeed abundant, however, humans with there mind/intellect accessing has not created biological life from where before there was none.

More complex molecules from less complex molecules were created via the lady's experiment using compressive pressures.

Humans are the most complex entities we know to exist in Universe, barring the idea of a collective set of humans on Earth-like planet.

Woman( Xx) being more complex than man making the woman the most complex entity we know to exist in Universe.

There are some species of Gecko that are only female and no males ergo the inherently clone themselves.

The smaller y chromosome appears to be derivative of the larger X chromosome.

r6

10. rr6 Banned Banned

Bible = Fools Play( For Most part )

Bible = more fools play. imho

The 120 I previously refered to is related to a specific mathematically geomegtrical limit involving the icosahedron. I rather doubt the Bible lists any polyhedra.

Calcium = non-magnetic metal composed of;

20 protons

20 electron

20 neutrons
    ------------------
    60 total atomic parts.

60 carbon atoms compose the most spherical of all known Fullerenes, if i recall correctly and unless a new version has been discovered.
    -----------

56 is related to Iron and another very stable element.

6 codon triplet + 6 codon triplet = total set of 12.

12 * 10 = 120

12 * 5 = 60

r6

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Jeanne Calment, a French woman who lived in a country with reliable records, died at the age of 122.5 in 1997. This is the only verified instance of a human living past his or her 120th birthday.

Doesn't the Bible also say that Methuselah lived for almost a millennium? Ya just can't trust that book.

An American lady, Sarah Knauss, died in 1999 about nine months before her 120th birthday, making her the second-oldest person who ever lived.

Women outlive us: the oldest man is #9 on this list. Jiroemon Kimura, of Japan, lived to be 116. He died last month (June 2013).

12. rr6 Banned Banned

Statistics/data Has Changed

For years the statistic showed women on average, lived 10 years longer than men, but only a few years ago I read that the data now showed they only lived a couple of years longer.

Data, statistics, info changes over time.

Xx-Xy is 3 X's for every y in universe.

R6

13. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

R6, R1 here, you lost me with all your math shit.
    -------
    I think this "dude" lost track of his age at some point, and he just can't positively and definitively prove it.
    250 years ago records were not like today.

What the he££ is this guy, the energizer
    F*€Kin bunny!
    I would like to be around longer than that but I know it won't never happen.

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Run that "data" by the staff of the nursing home where your great-grandma lives. Women outnumber men by about eight to one in those places. Since many women retain their libido well into old age, the few men there talk happily about getting quite a workout. I've been let in on the deep dark secret that STDs are rampant in some facilities. Not HIV of course, but treating a nonagenarian for something simpler is still quite a challenge.

I'm sure he's just talking about chromosomes. Now of course that doesn't mean that this sentence makes any sense.

No, they didn't have computerized databases. But in the countries where literacy and continuity of administration were well-established (China, Japan, Korea, most of Europe, the Ottoman Empire, etc.) meticulous records were kept on the members of the upper class. And it was the members of the upper class who got the nutrition, security, medical care and other environmental advantages to keep them going past the life expectancy of around 53 (for the 12% of the population who miraculously survived childhood).

They were as fascinated by anomalies as we are. You can bet that as soon as someone reached his 100th birthday, there'd be a scribe/clerk/civil servant assigned to keep track of him. So even if he was lying about being 100 when he was only 80, when he claimed to be 250 he'd still be 230 and that would still be an anomaly of relativistic proportions.

There are some species of animals who really do seem to have no upper limit to their longevity if they can escape disease, accident and predation. Whales (some are 200 years old) and tortoises (some are even older than that) come to mind. But humans absolutely are not in that exalted group. Many of our systems seem incapable of being repaired, reinforced, protected, etc. to keep going much beyond 120.

Take it from a man who's been around a "mere" 69 years. You start seeing things you would rather not have seen. The rise of militant Islam, Sarah Palin...

15. rr6 Banned Banned

3-1 = A Ratio of X to y Chromosomes

fraaggle, I'm not a statistician researching the data at that time, only reporting what I recalling reading/hearing on news cast some years back.

Yeah, woman is Xx and man X y i.e., if were to have an even number of men and women in Universe, we could make the statement that, there are three X chromosomes for every y chromosome in Universe. Of course that does not take into account any oddities where a man may have more that one y chromosome.

The point is, in a cosmic sense, is any wonder that man may feel inferior to woman when considering a 3-1 ratio of the sex chromosomes?.....this is not serious consideration, only in jest, however the 3-1 is fact in a cosmic sense and in the case of one man one woman.

Woman is more complex than man and woman is the most complex entity of Universe, that we know to exist, barring ideas of a collective set of humans on and Eart-like planet etc.....

Slower metabolism appears to be related to longevity, at leasat on the surface of it. I dunno.

Slamanders/Gecko's etc.... may have the most RNA-DNA per cell and that goes along with some of their species to reproduce their missing limbs and making female clones of themselves. What we do not see is males making clones of them selves. y may be mostly a subcatagory of X.

Universe = Great Momma--- gravitational spacetime womb/membrane/container --- and from that all the fermionic and bosonic parts are contained and born out.

Gravitational spacetime is a pulling-in phenomena( >contractions< ) that results with a pushing-out phenomena( <baby is born> ).

The gravitational membrane is geodesic network. imho

120 identical right-triangles is the maximum that can totally envelope the surface area of a sphere/spherical.

r6

16. rr6 Banned Banned

Eyesight Goes Beginning in 40's

My eyesight began to go in 40's and I think that is probably a common average. I dunno.

There are various biological functions that turn-on or off, in our life-times, on average for most humans, is my best guess.

The overall average for those may shift with better or worse nutrition.

A female woman, on average produces a finite number eggs in lifetime?

A male man produces a finite number of sperm in lifetime?

Tho eyesight and other functions may go, I suspect that libido function keeps going fairly well on average into older age.

I read somewhere that male men have a large penis for body size than most other animals? I dunno, but I can perhaps see how or why that may have evolved that way..

, if true...

R6