A Guy Dies And Experiences Both Hell and Heaven -- Real Thought-Provoking Testimony

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Mountain_Fire77, Nov 11, 2006.

1. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

Are you sure he said he was in hell? He said he heard voices saying he was in Hell, and that's what he based his deduction on. Did you watch the video completely? I don't know where he was. You aren't going ask for proof, are you?

What you are suggesting, IMO, is censorship of the internet? It may be a good idea.

He interpreted it as Christian. You may be jumping to conclusions in your statement. "proof" isn't going to help anyone believe anything about the afterlife. Seriously, what verfiable, reproducible, testable proof would you require?
    You are right. The faithful will take this as an affirmation of their beliefs, and it is a testimony that is moving, IMO.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

You have a message.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

rjr6...I did not listen to the whole thing in its entirety. I skipped over some the personal opinion stuff and tried to narrow in on the claim. I believe he mentioned that when he was fumbling around in the darkness of hell a voice told him that he was indeed in hell.

I'm not advocating censorship and in no way did I suggest it. My point was that this story and its ilk should be taken with a grain of salt and compared to, if anything, a fairy tale. The question is whether one should accept it as proof.

It doesn't have to be Christian as most religions on this Earth have some type of built in heaven-hell scenario. A bible isn't necessarily a Christian domain(the quran is a bible also)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

He was quoting from the new testament and wasn't presenting it as proof, more as a corroboration. I think the personal experience part is important as all his claims were based on it.
    You know, imagine if your right. We ought to bottle 'jellyfish juice' and inject criminals with it. Instant rehab.

8. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

You do too.