911 Tape: Man Kills Two Burglars

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by madanthonywayne, Nov 22, 2007.

1. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Of course you are happy to keep anything pointing out how bogus your propaganda is locked. Then again what else can we expect from a simpleton who can't figure out what the terms public domain and copypasta mean?

Simply because there was a pause between the two words move and you're doesn't mean that they weren't warned. In fact is would suggest that there was time to say and in between the two words, especially since the recording system wasn't the most ideal to catch every word that he could say.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Say what? (No, never mind.)

What the hell are you talking about?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat - A time and place for everything

Mod Hat — A time and place for everything

You know, all you had to do was send me a private message asserting that yes, you are the original author of the list posted the other day at the teen forum. That would have taken care of the plagiarism issue. But then you would need to explain how your creation is representative of feminism, and that, admittedly, would probably take more work than you're willing to put in.

So you can either work the route you've been offered, or just shut up about it and deal with it on your own.

Easy enough?

Good.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lepustimidus Banned Banned

Bells:
    Yeah. So? You asked me: "So it's acceptable to disobey the orders of law enforcement personnel?", and I responded with the answer: "Yes, sometimes it is, depending on the order." and then gave an example to demonstrate.

Nope, where did I say that? Again, I was merely demonstrating that it in some instances, you would be quite justified in disobeying law enforcement personnel. But even then, you're assuming that that the dispatcher has actual legal authority, when in actual fact they don't.

He says 'This isn't right' in regards to the notion of allowing crooks to flee with his neighbour's property. How is that a big deal? I don't think it's right, either. In my humble opinion, only career criminals would think that 'it's right' that those two thieves could enter someone's home, steal their stuff, and then slink into the night (and yes, it was actually day, but I like that expression).

Yes. If I saw crooks stealing from my neighbour, I'd feel a little outraged as well. As the protagonist pointed out during '12 angry men', saying "I'm going to kill you/them." doesn't actually mean you're necessarily going to kill them.

I think his demanding that the criminals stop, instead of just opening fire without a prior warning, says a lot about his true intention. I'm not forensic pathologist, but the fact that they were shot in the back sort of suggests that they didn't stop, but instead tried to flee. Guess they didn't think he'd shoot them. Guess they thought he was bluffing. Guess they were wrong.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What does it tell us, exactly? That he doesn't think it's right that thieves should be able to just slip into the night with a sack of his neighbour's swag over their back? That he's a man of action, instead of a wimpy passive crybaby that is doted on by liberals such as yourself?

They should be taken into consideration, but what is actually said and occurs at the crime scene takes precedence. If the suspect is heard screaming 'I'll kill the bastard!' before the murder, and then the crime scene shows that he actually acted in self defense, then we assume self-defense.

Nope. But if someone screams in a fit of anger that they are going to kill a family of five, and then that we have a recording of that particular individual killing the family of five when they break into his home, and he warns them to back off BEFORE opening fire, then we assume it wasn't premeditated.

He told them to stop. They didn't, they ran.

Not if I was a thief, and didn't think the fat guy had it in him to fire. If I were innocent, I'd probably start ranting, trying to explain to him that I was just helping his neighbour pack, or whatever. In fact, if I were guilty, I'd be standing petrified. I doubt I'd be stupid enough to bolt... you can't outrace a bullet.

Hardly.

Exactly. Think on it Bells.

To help you, an analogy. If you saw your neighbour's daughter getting raped and beaten, would you just sit there and go "Ahh, what's the big deal, it ain't happening to me, hehehe!", or would you attempt to intervene? If you had a gun, would you use it to defend her life? Or would you just let things be, allow the rapist to have his way, and then run off into the sunset?

And yes, I'm aware that what occurred with Horn wasn't rape. But your "Ah, it wasn't it's property, so why did he care?" argument isn't very realistic. When good men (and women!) see an injustice occuring in front of them, they feel they need to intervene.

Reasonable force is a nonsenscial concept. If someone enters your property unbidden, the last thought floating through your mind is "Hmm, how do I neutralize the threat with the least available force?" It could be that the chap in your house at 3am just wants to steal your chinaware, but personally, I don't see why I should take the risk of waiting to find out.

And then, I should also be entitled to defend my property and belongings with force. The fact that the government doesn't allow me to do so reeks. It opens up a can of worms where a crook can enter your house unarmed, declare that he isn't there to harm you but to simply take your stuff, and you can't lay a hand on him as he cleans the place out.

Strawman.

I never made the above assertion, so again, Strawman.

If it were necessary to apprehend them, then yeah, I would. 'Stuff' can be quite valuable. And in my eyes, people who need to take other people's hard earned 'stuff' are worth a bullet.

If you have lived for so long in these crime ridden areas, why are you so forgiving with criminals? I thought someone who lived in Nobel Park would be a little more sympathetic with hard working civilians who are repeat victims of crime.

'Deadly risk'? By which you mean, when the bullet is flying towards your head? It's a bit too late then, isn't it?

The rest of your post is more straw, especially the comment about the kid. So yeah, snip.

8. lepustimidus Banned Banned

Tiassa:
    I was a little confused when I read the above. I thought that 'dumb shit' was a little too harsh a term to use when referring to yourself.

But seriously, read that 'dumb shit' again, and then read what I wrote in response to Bells here:

9. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

If they saw their neighbor's daughter being raped, they'd just go and fetch some lube.

Don't want to discomfort the rapist by having him suffer from friction on his penis...

10. milkweed Valued Senior Member

http://www.texascriminaldefense.com/comments/March08/03a.htm

lepustimidus also posted a link to a different transcript.

A 911 operator cannot order anyone to stay in their home anymore than you can order your neighbor to stay in their home.

The criminals disregarded the law. If they hadnt moved, they wouldnt be dead.

Premeditation? It shows the man pays at least some attention to the legislative efforts that affect him. Joe Horn did not break into anyones home and watched a crime being committed from his own residence. The perps came onto his property after committing this crime. It was reasonable for Joe Horn to assume their intent was criminal.

Actually, on my own property, I have ignored requests from law enforcement to stay in my house. But they should have told me they were looking for a murderer. I probably wouldnt have told them "run at her and see" when they asked me if my dog bites.

If I had just committed a burglery I would have surrendered and not moved. What would have gone through my head would be "damn, I am busted". I know there would be a serious chance I would be shot. Besides, these two criminals were NOT supposed to be there.

Thats what you imagine. Reality is Joe Horn did not shoot his neighbor, and you've never been shot at by your neighbor.

Scoff... Of course your neighbor would have been charged with a crime.

I have thought about it. I think criminals should wonder if stealing that tv, or watch is worth dying for.

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Lets look at this logically,

If a petty thief stole your plants and tap fittings would it be ok to shoot him?
    What about if you saw someone trying to break into your car as you were returning would you shoot them?
    what about someone who crashed into your car and then drove off without stopping?
    what about someone who cut you off?
    what about someone you saw speeding?
    What about if a girl told you this person raped her? would that be "self defence" to go shoot the person a week after the incident?

the first two actually happened to me, plants that PB had bought me for our aniversary, the tap fitting for the front tap and the back pannel off my car were all stolen. I did make a police report but oviously they couldnt do anything.

When i picked up my new car from my parents and was driving it back to adelaide i stoped in the city (melbourne) to go to the toilet. I was walking back to my car and there was a divi van parked behind it and i thought "shit i parked in a no parking zone, great". I got to my car to find the cops going though a backpack so i said to them "you guys scared me, i thought i had parked in the wrong spot". The cop turns to me and says "is this your car sir" and i nerviously reply "yes". He then tells me they saw someone trying to break into the boot but they caught him. I spent the next hour waiting at the police station to be interviewed (they had a busy morning) and then half an hour giving a statement. To be honest i was more pissed off about the time than the fact the guy had tried to steal it.

So dont tell me i have no experiance with theft, there is no way in HELL i would have shot the basted. I would have hid behind the courner and called the cops and if he ran (and i felt safe) i MIGHT have chaced him down and tackled him. Under NO circumstances would i have MURDERED him because thats what it is.

As for the cops commiting burglery of course they do those sorts of crime, they are alowed to paticipate in crimes against property to advance an undercover case, its quite plasable they helped rob a house in order to prove themselves to a gang to collect evidence of bigger crimes.

THANK GOD I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I thought you were a university student. Must be the Aussie educational system.

Explains a lot about what's wrong with you and your posts.