9/11 Poll

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by scott3x, Feb 7, 2009.

?

Who was responsible for 9/11?

1. 1- The official story regarding 9/11 is the sacred truth. Questioning it is blasphemous.

2.2%
  2. 2- The official story regarding 9/11 is more or less right. No need to investigate further.

43.3%
  3. 3- The official story regarding 9/11 is questionable in some areas.

20.0%
  4. 4- EoG (Elements of the Government) let 9/11 happen.

2.2%
  5. 5- EoG let 9/11 happen. EoG prevented the investigation of certain individuals before 9/11.

6.7%
  6. 6- EoG, perhaps in the form of a secret society, made 9/11 happen.

17.8%
  7. 7- Other

7.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Dude...what are you smoking? Trippy is a real fucking chemist. Headspin is making a very determined, but ineffective rebuttal to his arguments. I imagine it has to do with his paranoid delusions. I actually can't believe Trippy is taking time out of his life to try to argue points against someone who obviously (edit: thinks differently than others). You can't debate pathologies.

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

Do you understand the points and counterpoints between Trippy and Headspin?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

not all of them... but I have read many of Trippy's non-911 posts on this board relating to chemistry, and I trust his expertise on chemistry FAR more than HS.
    If you actually read posts in other subforums on this board, you might actually know this.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

If what this guy Sunstealer says has any merit then it should be written up as a paper for publishing as a rebuttal to the Harrit et al paper. I haven't heard anything like that was happening. Have you?

8. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

If you don't understand some of what is going on what causes you to trust one vs. the other?

In reality Trippy is arguing not just against Headspin but also against the paper and by extension Professor Neils Harrit and the other people involved in the writing of that paper who have significant expertise in chemistry. Yet, you said

You don't say so I also wonder if you even know what experience or expertise Headspin has on the subject.

However, once it is shown that there are experts on both sides of an argument appeal to authority is an actual fallacy and that is shown by the paper's authors having relevant expertise so you are showing poor logic skills.

Additionally, if you don't fully understand the arguments and allow yourself to publicly mock the person(s), whose argument(s) support(s) a position you don't favor, it says much more about you than they.

9. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

A poorly written paper that details at best a mediocre investigation, with multiple flaws, some of which have been aknowledged by the author of the paper. A paper which passed with questionable peer review, and was published in a journal without the knowledge of the journals editor, something which she later resigned over.

Based on the correspondence that I have seen, at least one other person, who has a comparable level of knowledge and expertise has pointed out many of the same flaws that I have, only to receive vague handwaving and dismissive responses.

So who am I going to trust? Certainly not someone who publishes a shady paper with obfuscatory (is that a word?) statements, answers direct questions with vague wishy-washy dismissive handwavey statements, that was published under circumstances that were questionable, and contains several blatant errors and omissions (some of which I have commented on) to which the authors offer little more than "Stop being so mean, we did it on our own time, lets see you do better"?

Meh. No thanks.

10. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Some conspiracy theorists felt that Larry Silverstein, essentially the owner of the Trade center for 3 months prior to 9-11 was in on the plot and turned a profit on 9-11. The theorists said renovations created to do whatever needed to be done to pull the buildings.

I am not all that informed on this debate which I expect to end a few days after we know if Oswald shot Kennedy. I don't have an opinion as to what happened but I don't trust my government.

I also don't believe is that the main stream media would have the temperament to expose a inside job if their was an inside job. The media's job is to tell as what we want to hear which is a fresh and new take on what we already believe or want to believe.

It should be clear enough by now whether Silverstein turned a profit or not but 15 minutes of Googling did not reveal that answer to me.

11. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

This raises a valid point as well, imagine how much revenue the media would be able to generate if they were able to substantiate a conspiracy theory.

12. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

Also, as someone else pointed out, (can't remember who now) America has enemies who would benefit from exposing such a conspiracy. It hasn't happened.

It wont.

13. Headspin Registered Senior Member

can you define what you mean by "enemies", can you give an example of who you mean by "enemy"?

how would americas enemies benefit ?

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

i've used this reasoning in the moon landing hoax thread but i've determined it's a bad analogy.

would you really believe our enemies if they DID post such evidence?

no, any such evidence MUST come from trusted sources.

15. scott3x Banned Banned

I suppose some might see Chavez' government as an 'enemy' of the U.S.:
    Venezuelan Government To Launch International 9/11 Investigation

But it's not just opponents of the the Bush Administration who find the official story fishy:
    Transcript Of Japanese Parliament's 911 Testimony

However, I think that by and large the people who have done the most research on what really happened on 9/11 are americans themselves. Why? Because the majority of people who died that day were americans.

16. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

Now that you mention it, that may have been where I read it and I swapped the theories in my head.

I agree. I would not trust such evidence either. However the point I’m making is that no one is making an organised claim.

If such a conspiracy actually existed, then thousands would have either been involved or at least have had knowledge. There are organisations that are anti-American and countries who might like to see the US weakened. Surely some would have the money, power or muscle to find out who was involved and make them talk.

If the conspiracy was confirmed then there would be a political storm.... people in the government, defence forces, airline companies, NYFD (who blew up WTC7 according to the 'pull it' quote), those that covered up the Pentagon, the security company who supposedly loaded up the thermite, nanothermite and explosives in WTC ect. ect. ect. We are talking about a lot of people. All of them accessories or directly guilty of the murder of countrymen. People would be named and punished, they would take others down with them, victims families would not take it well (to say the least), it could become a witch hunt. Imagine the reputation the US had once it became known that it killed its own people to secure more oil... It would most certainly weaken America.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  17. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

Please explain in more detail why thousands would have to have been involved.

18. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

That depends on the truther. Some truthers think that it was massively elaborate, some truthers just like to think they spent 10 minutes putting thermite in the buildings, and some truthers just say that the government knew about the attacks and let it happen.

For the more elaborate, you have people believe that the lamp posts were cut down in order to make it look like a large jet hit the Pentagon to cover-up that it was a missle. That's when you get into the thousands.

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

here's the thing throughout this entire deal:
    no one on the pile reported anything suspicious, and you can't tell me cops, firemen, investigators, and reporters aren't a suspicious lot.

on top of that is the fact that the rubble, after the big beams were removed, was raked and sifted looking for body parts. this includes such identifying things such as class rings.

20. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Yup. Another reason why there would have to be thousands of people "in on it". People with expertise in cleaning up demolished buildings were at ground zero and said they found nothing suspicious there.

21. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

The molten metal was curious, although nobody thought it was insidious at the time.

22. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

What's insidious about it? Temperatures in the hot spots underneath the pile were comparible to that of burning regular office based materials. These temperatures would be enough to make steel yellow hot.

23. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

The molten iron and steel was much hotter than that of burning office materials. What temperatures are you thinking about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.