9/11 Poll

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by scott3x, Feb 7, 2009.

?

Who was responsible for 9/11?

1. 1- The official story regarding 9/11 is the sacred truth. Questioning it is blasphemous.

2.2%
  2. 2- The official story regarding 9/11 is more or less right. No need to investigate further.

43.3%
  3. 3- The official story regarding 9/11 is questionable in some areas.

20.0%
  4. 4- EoG (Elements of the Government) let 9/11 happen.

2.2%
  5. 5- EoG let 9/11 happen. EoG prevented the investigation of certain individuals before 9/11.

6.7%
  6. 6- EoG, perhaps in the form of a secret society, made 9/11 happen.

17.8%
  7. 7- Other

7.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

You understand, of course, that Moledbynum Trioxide is not the same thing as Ferric Oxide? Or were you hoping I wouldn't notice that?

Yes, it's a Thermite reaction, yes, they refer to it as super-thermite, but it wasn't what was being asked about.

And the claim that the deflagration velocities are "Approaching the realm of conventional high explosives" lays waste to nothing i've said - and since I have to spell it out for you, there's a couple of implicit provisos in my comments, that rely on the context of the conversation thus far.

You keep harping on about peoples dishonesty, and yet you yourself are dishonest.

Right.
    Because the grains need to be prevented from coming into contact with each other in order to react.

And before you accuse me of twisting your words, think some more about what you've said.

Yes, I have, I have shown repeatedly that the composition of the chips collected is consistent with what would be expected from the paint that was used.

The only point you have been able to even come close to critiscizing me successfully on is the sizing of one of the constiuents.

For the record, Atomized aluminium has been used to make ultra fine, sub micron aluminium powder since as early as the seventies, with references to patents (which I have yet to be able to access) going back to the 20's.

The advance that was made in the nintey's was how to do so more reliably, with a better, more even size distribution, at higher rates.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

I really don't know what question I didn't answer. Can you repeat it?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Thankyou for this much at least. Ironically, it's actually refreshing to see you say that.

The Irony of this discussion, is that in spite of the fact that I was aware before hand of the claims that had been made by the engineers.

That morning the first thing that went through my head was "Wow, they're still standing?" and the second thing that went through my head was "I hope they get everybody out before they collapse."

There are those of us out there in the world, that witnessed the events that day, that were not surprised to see the towers come down, and some of us that are surprised that they stood for as long as they did.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

If you aren't dishonest you sure have an extraordinary drive to be able to say that the events of Sept. 11, 2001 were not a result of a domestic conspiracy. Why?

The problem I have with otherwise intelligent people like yourself, Frank Greening, Ryan Mackey, etc. are the completely convoluted and mind numbingly illogical explanations they are willing to use to continue to try and say 911 was not the result of a domestic conspiracy.

The sizing of that one constituent you are missing happens to be critical to your argument. You have no argument without it and you can't discount it. Fires don't burn without fuel and heat and oxygen. Take any one of them away and there will be no fire.

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  8. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

I have shown it to be in serious error, in several different ways.

1. No direct comparison was made to WTC paint
    2. No effort was made to esablish the oxidation state of the aluminium
    3. The use of MEK as a solvent was inappropriate
    4. The conclusions regarding the significance of the reaction to MEK are wrong
    5. No effort was made to measure the distribution of what was dismissed as surface contamination
    6. The ignition test should have been done in an inert atmosphere
    7. At least one independent observer claims to be able to see Zinc present in the spectra taken of fresh surfaces, as published by Harrit
    8. The thickness of the red layer, as indicated by the samples is insufficient to do more than warm the steel beams by 10 k.

Not to mention that the article was published in the journal without the journal editors knowledge, something the journal editor resigned over.

Yes, it was reviewed, by two anonymous peers of un-known political motivation.

9. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php?p=4607894&postcount=1694

Take a gander at this information. Thanks for whomever gave the heads up to check the JREF site.

There is kaolinite in the material folks. For those unaware of what it is I suggest you check it out.

My concern is that some folks in this thread already knew about this finding, but hid it in the name of 'truth'.

10. leopold Valued Senior Member

yes, you mentioned these other scientists. i believe neither one of us are agreed as to exactly who they were, what they were doing there, or who they worked for.
    harritt has already been connected with jones by invite.
    harritt is also biased against the official story.
    all of these facts was bore out in the paper tony posted.
    find out about what?
    if USGS destroyed their sample?
    scott listen, these samples that have been turned in 4 years after the fact with no custody records are nothing more than dirt as far as evidence goes.
    the only way this evidence would be valid is if these "witnesses" were interrogated. maybe even given a polygraph.
    what happened to "innocent until proved guilty"?
    there is no reason to believe any type of explosive was used at WTC 1 and 2.

of course your side doesn't resort to such low brow tactics do they?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

or maybe it was david ray griffin that tampered with it.
    or jones.
    or harritt.
    someone else want to take a guess?

11. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

It has many meanings. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pull

If it does mean ‘to demolish’, then that is possibly the most obscure definition.

Didn’t The Esotericist bring it up?

It was then challenged and has been defended by you and scott.
    Look at the damn quote in full.

“remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, "We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it." And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse.”

In that context it makes very little sense if the owner is saying that the fire chief has decided to blow up the building to save lives. If you look at the context and consider that at the time firemen were being pulled back due to the suspected loss of structural integrity it is clear what he meant.

Wasn’t this supposedly pre-planned? Why would such a conversation even happen if it was planned weeks ahead? Why would a fire chief be deciding to blow up the building? The implication there is that the fire department were also involved. They kept quiet all these after the deaths of friends? Not likely. It would make no sense meaning anything else.

It is one of weakest and most repeated claims within the 9/11 conspiracy. If something as weak and easily dismissed as this will pass for damning evidence then it isn't really a good sign is it?

The accepting of claims such as this as a smoking gun gives an insight into how much people want to believe in this conspiracy.

12. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Let me rephrase your post back at you.

If you aren't dishonest you sure have an extraordinary drive to be able to say that the events of Sept. 11, 2001 were the result of a domestic conspiracy. Why?

The problem I have with otherwise intelligent people like yourself, Harrit, Jones, etc. are the completely convoluted and mind numbingly illogical explanations they are willing to use to continue to try and say 911 was the result of a domestic conspiracy.

See how it works?

The statement works both ways.

Just because I see things differently, doesn't mean that I'm being inherrently dishonest.

As i've already said.
    I wasn't surprised by any of the buildings coming down.
    I wasn't surprised by the way they came down.

I was more surprised that they took so long to come down.

Frankly, I'm in favour of "Crazy islamic extremists did it" because when I look at the details (including the paint chips) it makes more sense, and leaves me with fewer un answered questions.

"People are stupid" simply makes more sense to me than a conspiracy involving the illuminati or insurance fraud.

And if you think that the conspiracy theory makes more sense, then try answering some of the basic questions.

How?
    When?
    Why?
    Etc.

13. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

I had come across references to that thread, but not the threa ditself, I was gonna go looking for it when I got home.

Thanks.

14. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

According to discussions over at JREF Jones has decided that there wasn't enough thermite or nanthermite or femtothermite or even picothermite to knock the buildings down so Jones decided that the *thermite was used as a fuse. Seems that Jones agrees that a hundred coats of *thermite paint would raise the temperature of the steel a whopping 50 degrees. Ouch!

The pyroclastic flows are not.
    The explosions are not.
    Pulverized concrete dust is not.
    The *thermite is not.

15. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

Have you given any thought as to the cause of WTC 7 being in full freefall acceleration for the initial 100 feet or 2.25 seconds of it's fall and the upper block of WTC 1 accelerating at 70% of gravity, while never decelerating, for the initial nine stories of it's fall which was measureable?

Had they at least decelerated upon impact with the first several floors below where the initial collapses occurred I would be less inclined to believe they were controlled demolitions.

Unfortunately, the fall of WTC 2's upper block is not measureable due to it's large tilt and quick obscuration.

Of course, even without evidence that something untoward occurred, to believe the buildings collapsed naturally due to fires requires believing the explanation from people who we now know lied to unsuspecting American citizen's to get support for a pre-planned war in Iraq, told us they weren't torturing people when they were to establish a link between Saddam Hussein and Al Queda and 911, and whose FEMA appointees eliminated all of the physical evidence from WTC 7 and over 99.5% of it from the Twin Towers before a forensic analysis could be performed.

16. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

Actually Tony I asked a long time ago how people are so sure which floors were the exact locations of the start of the failures. No one bothered to address that.

So now you make claims about the initial collapse speeds.

This is a suspicious line. You know why? Because you are claiming 3 digits of precision. Where did you get 3 digits of precision?

17. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Short answer?
    0.7G < 1G
    This implies that there was some force opposing its acceleration by gravity.
    Sometimes decceleration just looks like reduced acceleration - it's still possible to accelerate your car with your handbrake on.

Have you given any thought to the fact that eye witness statement reports say that the helicopters, and people on the ground outside the building knew the buildings were coming down at least 20 minutes before the collapses initiated?

As far as WTC 7 goes, i've had this discussion many times with conspiracy theorists.

When I look at the video, I don't see the whole building collapse as a single unit in freefall - that's without examining details like the kink that I see form in the videos, and the way some of the windows smash, and the order they do so in..

I see the east penthouse dissapear from view, then a few seconds later I see the west penthouse disappear from view, and then the visible facade begins falling. This is what I saw on the TV on the day, and this is what i've seen in every video i've looked at, from every perspective.

Emperically, this suggests to me that whatever was supporting the east penthouse gave way, leading to a partial collapse. The collapse of the east penthouse pulled the west penthouse down with it (directly or indirectly), and with nothing left to support it, the external facade collapsed on itself pretty freely.

To my mind, this suggests the building was poorly designed, as it should have been able to withstand the partial collapse (IMO) had it been well designed, but then, I'm neither an engineer nor an architect (although I did train as an electrical engineer at one stage).

18. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

This is a meaningless rant. This is desperation talking. Maybe we can pick this up tomorrow.

19. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

The NIST Report shows the failures in the Twin Towers to have initiated at the 98th floor of WTC 1 and the 82nd floor of the WTC 2.

NIST itself was forced to admit the 2.25 second freefall of WTC 7. It was David Chandler who initially measured closer to 2.5 seconds and when forced to remeasure the NIST said they got 2.25 seconds of freefall. You will have to ask the NIST how they got three digits of precision.

20. Tony Szamboti Registered Senior Member

Are you denying the truth of any of it?

I think credibility issues and possible ulterior motives of those who were in control of an investigation is quite important to consider in one's own investigation. I think most people would agree with that.

21. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Oh, also, as far as WTC7 goes, i've read a number of eye witness reports that talk about how much the South(?) face (the face facing the plaza) was bowed and sagging in the hours before it collapsed, and those same eye witness reports have said that the tower was also on a lean.

22. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

What a shame for you that "pull" is not an industry standard term in the demolition industry... except for when literally pulling structures down with cables. It IS however, an industry term for the FDNY. And again, let's remember he stated he was on the phone with the FDNY, and also that fire fighters WERE pulled.

Exactly... because they were pulled 1 or 2 hours before the building collapsed.

I see you missed my recent post replying to this issue in detail.

Pulling the contingent of fire fighters, yes. I keep having to remind you that this makes sense in the context of speaking to the FDNY and that the FDNY WERE pulled.

Except I put it in quotes to highlight your nonsense use of the word.

On the back foot? Why would that be? I only started on the "pull it" thing because I caught hapless scott mentioning it along with other easily debunked nonsense.

If anything, it's you on the back foot because you're concentrating purely on the red/grey chips thing because it's vague enough to go over the heads of people without an education in chemistry. I'm sure it's ripped apart on JREF though, and perhaps Trippy is doing the same (although I haven't been following it).

23. leopold Valued Senior Member

does this mean we get to go for another 26 pages for WTC 7?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.