8 Million Americans have Near Death Experiences according to Gallup Poll

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Mazulu, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Mazulu Banned Banned

Huh?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Sorry, but it has already been shown that NDE's are "near" death experiences, that the brain, although under a great amount of trauma can still produce images.

Anyone who has an NDE cannot be taken seriously in regards to what they have experienced considering their brains have undergone trauma.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mazulu Banned Banned

But the experiences all have a tight shot group. How do you explain that?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Mazulu, in your Post #32, you stated :

Mazulu, I followed up with my Post #33 :

Mazulu, I Posted the ^^above^^ three times in my Post #33. May I humbly ask how what you Posted in your Post #37 (quoted below) is in any way, shape or form : an "honest" presentation of evidence and proof of your statements?

Mazulu, after your sublime Post #60 in this Thread :
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?137212-Breathtakingly-beautiful-pictures-of-angels/page3

I was honestly hoping for more like that... instead, you follow up that Post with this...

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

What does that supposed to mean?

9. Mazulu Banned Banned

Father Charlie figured out what's wrong with religion.
    [video=youtube;_ls6T5NTBaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ls6T5NTBaA[/video]

10. Mazulu Banned Banned

All of the NDE experiences have one or more of the following.
    The traits of a classic NDE are as follows:

A sense/awareness of being dead.[24][26]
    A sense of peace, well-being and painlessness. Positive emotions. A sense of removal from the world.[24][26][27]
    An out-of-body experience. A perception of one's body from an outside position. Sometimes observing doctors and nurses performing medical resuscitation efforts.[24][26][27][28]
    A "tunnel experience". A sense of moving up, or through, a passageway or staircase.[24][26][28]
    A rapid movement toward and/or sudden immersion in a powerful light. Communication with the light.[26][27]
    An intense feeling of unconditional love.[27]
    Encountering "Beings of Light", "Beings dressed in white", or similar. Also, the possibility of being reunited with deceased loved ones.[24][27][28]
    Receiving a life review.[24][26][27]
    Receiving a "life preview" in the cases of George Ritchie and Betty Eadie, which Ring calls an NDE "Flash Forward".[29]
    Receiving knowledge about one's life and the nature of the universe.[27]
    A decision by oneself or others to return to one's body, often accompanied by a reluctance to return.[24][27][28]

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

In other words, there are commonalities when the brain undergoes trauma. That would make sense. And, nothing indicates anything otherwise.

12. Mazulu Banned Banned

When the brain undergoes trauma, the soul detaches from the body.

13. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Mazulu, you seem to be able to "copy and paste" without much of a problem... you seem to be able to "parrot and repeat" and accept others "imaginings/hallucinations" quite well...and for some reason you seem fixated on other peoples deaths/afterlife and/or their supposed "Near Death Experiences".
    I say other peoples because though you claim to be religious - yet you seem to constantly break the 10 Commandments and do not seem to follow the Preachings that you often violently spew.

So...Mazulu, may I humbly ask of you - have you, Mazulu, ever had a NLE ? You know, a Near Life Experience - the feeling that life is great, free of fear, not dwelling on death/afterlife - but that life is just so enjoyable that no negative thoughts by yourself or others can ever interrupt or change that feeling of joy?

14. Mazulu Banned Banned

You just dodged the classical traits of near death experiences. I gave you honesty and I gave you facts about commonalities of near death experiences, and you dodged it.

Whatever.

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Funny how you completely ignore the fact that souls have never been shown to exist, so by invoking them, you resort to magical thinking, which is immediately rejected when talking about the brain. Sorry, your argument just became nonsense.

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

If the soul is what is experiencing the NDE and doing the travelling, why return from heave and how does it know where it left the body or mind that it used to occupy?

Further, if the soul is doing that travelling, how is it that the mind of the --- sleeper or dead person learning that information?

Souls do not generally speak to our minds do they?

Regards
    DL

17. Mazulu Banned Banned

The phenomena of near death experiences show that we have a soul.

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

LOL. Not by a long shot, dude. The phenomena ONLY shows the results of brain trauma. Making shit up isn't an argument, it's just made up shit.

19. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Not so. It proves that telepathy is real FMPOV.

The last lengthy NDE I read about was a guy who said he was a spot on a butterflies wing in heaven. Seriously, who in their right mind would believe such as real?

I believe in our soul, as you call it, transcending this reality but what the NDE mind is doing is just letting it's imagination go wild.

Have you noted that no one comes back with a story that is remotely believable or that makes any sense at all?

Regards
    DL

20. Mazulu Banned Banned

When the body is resuscitated, the connection between the soul and the body is re-established. I'm just speculating, but I guess the connection between the soul and the body is not completely severed until the body is completely dead.

Can you repeat the question?

Can you elaborate on the question? Are you asking how your soul connects to your brain?

21. Mazulu Banned Banned

How am I making anything up if I'm cutting/pasting the description/features of near death experiences, and then drawing a conclusion?

If the brain is traumatized, then reports seem to indicate that the soul will detach (try to detach) from the body.

22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Yes and how it is communicating what it experienced to the mind.

Does the soul have it's own consciousness or does it rely on the brain or our minds for it's consciousness?

Does it have a life of it's own?

Regards
    DL

23. Mazulu Banned Banned

Scientifically, we don't know. All we do know is that molecules called neuro transmitters are moving around, AND there is consciousness that appears to detach from the body at death. But nobody knows scientifically what the connection is.

I think the brain allows consciousness (the soul) a set of cognitive tools. I don't know how much of our cognition we take with us when we detatch from the body.

I guess we spend our afterlife as a disembodied spirit.