7 hours of DnD

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by NeoBeetnik38, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeoBeetnik38 Registered Senior Member

Yes, thats right. I played DnD for 7 straight hous. Anyone gone longer?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

That's nothing. I played Sim City 3000 for 18 straight hours. My friend played half life for two straight days - and this other guy I know played final fantasy 7 for almost 3 straight days! That's 72 Hours.

No kidding - it's true.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

i can sit still that long... but my boyfriend is good at the final fantasy all nighters...
    so many times ive come in, and he'd be out cold, mid-battle, controller still in hand. He's lucky im a FF fan, and didn't mind getting him to a save point before i shut it off to watch tv.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

DnD? Like dungeons and dragons? lol

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I played tony hawk 2 on playstation for something like 18 hours when I first got it. I think I might have played gta3 for even more but I can't remember...

8. valentino Registered Senior Member

The best is playing games with your friends in shifts, someone gets to take a leak/eat a sandwich/nap while the other plays. Then when they get to some important story developing part you wake the other person up and you both watch it. My bf and I have gone through countless 100+ hrs games without stopping this way. Also, I guess it helps if you are utterly pathetic and unemployed.

9. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

I simply can't play the new video games that long. Tried, doesnt work. NOW old SNES games (via emulators for games i own), THOSE I can play along time. I think i replayed Zelda - A link to the past STRAIGHT through, no shutting it off.

One game i played for a while and had to shut off was Silent Hill...I was playing late at night and that game SERIOUSLY freaked me out...i didn't finish it...havent turned it on since...still kinda weirded out. Props for the game makers.

-AntonK

10. Bachus Registered Senior Member

Played diablo 2 lod for extensive periods, best is about 9-10 hours though (after that i couldn't see pindle ever again)

11. djkmoney Registered Senior Member

I played DnD for 4 days. It was soo neat. Umm as of video games I ususally play a game until I beat it. SO with the first Silent Hill I probably plaed it for 10 hours

12. Vertigoll Gringorican Registered Senior Member

Over winter break I played NwN from 7 in the morning until 4 at night several days in a row. Oh, how my eyes wished I hadn't done so. Of course we took food breaks and such, but the idea was, NwN encompassed most of my vacation. Sad really.. yet fun.

13. Increan Sage Registered Senior Member

Yep, friends and I have sat through a 12 hour session of D&D on numerous occasions. We've been playing for a long time and are still on the same campain.

14. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Getting ready for a campaign in DnD and Ill see if I can beat your records.

By the way.... what exotic species have you allways wanted to play on dnd but never got a chance to? Personally Id like to play a thrikreen psionic warrior. Go mantis boys. EAT YOUR OPPOSITION!!!

15. DouBTlessWonDer socially inferior to TV Registered Senior Member

My vacations are composed of games. Wake up. Play. Eat. Play. Sleep. My longest session is probably around 13-15 hours,(including eating, of course)

16. Vertigoll Gringorican Registered Senior Member

I always wanted to be a vampric forest pixie. Oh, what sweet, cunning and graceful retribution would I set upon those who dared defile the forests. hahahaha. As you can see my dungeon master was opposed. Though, I recoiled with my conception of being a one eyed mule with the super power of hearing heart beats. That one went down as well. Ah, the vibrant conversation.. I can hear it now.

Me: Can I be a ..
    DM: No..

Later..

Me: So can I be a..
    DM: No..

Later still..

Me: After some deep soul searching .. can I be a..
    DM: .. How do we boot?

17. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I still like the idea of Alchohol Hummingbirds. (created by a wiz, drink booze instead of nectar) When you get a vampiric variety they only attack drunks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.