5th Dimension

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by prash555_in, Aug 12, 2004.

1. prash555_in Registered Member

We know 3 D's. 4th may be time, and 5th may be a virtual reality position.
    As i have said my first theory is that if god exist then this world/universe
    is may be a virtual reality. There may be more virtual realities existing
    simultaniously. And they may have different time structures.
    If shifting to different realities is possible then this could be a another
    dimension.

PRASH -- prash555_in@hotmail.com

www.chessvariants.com/large.dir/super-chess.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

if i am not mistaking there are 11 dimensions according to modern physics.

And if i am not mistaking the number of dimensions must be uneven etc, 11, 15, 19. Don't ask me why, i have just heard it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. newbie56k Registered Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

Prash, do a google on the String Theory.

Actually, i do not believe in those dimensions as the string theory explains it.
    "If a ant was shrunk 1000 times then he would be able to enter one of the smaller dimensions" or something like that.
    Well, if i was shrunk 1000 times then i would still be in the first 4 (possibly just 3) dimensions but i would just see a 1000 times larger world (and i would most likely be crushed under someones feets

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)
    I just don't see the string theory feasible.

8. newbie56k Registered Member

hey isn't there a restriction on how small you could become before you die, i read some where in biology that if a cow gets bigger 10x, it would possible die because of muscle faliure and breathing problems and stuff.

and plus if you want to get into one of those dimensions you have to be much smaller than that, and you won't be able to breathe and plus you body would be torn because of air pressure, its like going to space but much worse.

9. G71 AI Coder Registered Senior Member

Some people seem to be able to find a complex and very correct information in their minds about something what they theoretically cannot know based on their regular life experience. They seem to be getting the info from some sort of external source through a channel we do not know much about. My speculation

is that the channel can be an extra dimension.

10. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

who told you that? the aliens via an extra dimension

How large is the universe? (we don't know but lets say) Infinite
    So, if the universe can become infitite large then can an object become infinite small? Well, it is either possible that i have just put my finger on the basis of the string theory, were an object infinite small enters a dimension were mass no longer applies. Or, this could be pure pseudo science. I am not into pseudo science and id rather stay to the facts, which are that we know too little to make any real hypothesis.
    But, A theory has 1000 other theories that counter it, it is only the truely absurd theory that can counter the other 1000.

It is of course important to try and do research, because then one day we might understand it. And Jiri, you could always keep those extra dimensional back-channel of yours open just in case the aliens have something to add

j/k

11. G71 AI Coder Registered Senior Member

Baal,
    Check details about Edgar Cayce and let me know if you can explain his special capabilities.

12. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

what is it to explain?
    He most likely did what i do every night, turn of the lights, philosophy about problems and possible solutions.
    I will be convinced when someone brings back an design of an high-tech alien ship or a design of a teleporter (like the one in star gate).
    For gods sake, The man asked an alien race about how he could remove a wart! Now, if i were in contact with an alien race that is not what i would want to bring back. But, if i lacked the intelligence and a cure for warts were all that i could come up with then i most likely would.
    well, some believe in God, some apperently believe in Edgar Cayce, i believe in myself and the representation of myself as my own supreme being.

13. Hypercane Sustained Winds at Mach One Registered Senior Member

If three dimensional cubes form four dimensional hypercubes, what does a five dimensional hyperhypercube look like?

Hypercube :

14. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

U should have that as ur avatar Hypercane!

15. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

Looks like two cubes attacked with lines.

Heres one for you...

Imagine a 2d circle moving through a 1d world? Obviously it would look like a point that grows to a line and then shrinks to a point again.

Now imagine a 3d circle (sphere) moving across a 2d world (plane). Obviously, this would look like a point that grows to a circle and shrinks to a point again.

Now guess what a hyper would look like then it passes through, our (apparent) 3d world and work backwards to imagine the hypersphere.

That helped me 'visualise' an extra dimension. Quite strange.

16. Jolonar Being of intellect. Registered Senior Member

There are 13 dimensions. You have not taken into account Heaven and Hell!

Heaven end hell are supposedly the 12th and 13th dimensions. Beyond all other comprehension. The only way to get there is death.

This world is not a "virtual reality". Nor is any other. At least, not in the true sense. All dimensions are like virtual realities to each person, for you can't travel in any but the third and fourth at the present time.

The ant does not demonstrate the movement between the dimensions.

1st: Forward and backward movement.
    2nd: Left and right movement included.
    3rd: Up and down movement.
    4th: Time. (Also the Astral Plane: That's why time travel is possible when in Astral Form!)
    5th: Supposedly the wormhole theory.
    6th: Black Holes.
    7th: Bent space.
    8th:
    9th:
    10th:
    11th:
    12th: Heaven
    13th: Hell

If anyone know what the others are, or has any corrections to the ones I have listed, please post them. Thanks!

Regards,
    J.

Here is something that is another thing, but is interesting non the less. Not Dimensions, but Planes!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Planes are not the same as dimensions
    There are as many planes as there are dimensions. And the planes have within them many dimensions and grid systems as well. Connections between planes are by way of portals of dimensionality. It is through experiencing various planes of expression that the soul is able to garner information and utilize it and then send it forth through portals into dimensions.

The Seven Planes
    There are six major planes existing between the physical earth plane and the Source. These are not separate areas of existence, but frequencies or states of being interpenetrating each other. The heavier and grosser the matter the lower its frequency. Earth is the grossest and heaviest with the Source the finest and lightest.

The First Plane
    We will designate the earth plane as the First Plane. When a spirit is ready to move ahead in its experience, its new awareness and raised frequency will raise it to the next plane. As the wisdom and light quotient of the spirit grows, its vibration or frequency becomes finer and higher until eventually it achieves its objective - a resonate state of complete harmony and oneness with the Source.

The Second Plane
    The Astral Plane. As mentioned, the Astral Plane consists of a number of differing dimensional frequencies, from the lower Astral plane, to the mid-planes, to the higher Astral plane. Often referred to as the Summerland, the Astral Plane is where spirit is at liberty to re-create conditions on earth as it experienced them in its physical body, or to create fantasies to gratify repressed yearnings of the recent earthly life. A spirit can remain in this state for as long as it wishes. It moves on only when its desire to progress is expressed. They may then decide to reincarnate time and time again until they eventually reach a more enlightened thought state - a level of understanding that enables them to move on to the Third Plane.

The Third Plane
    On arrival at the Third Plane, the spirit will learn more about the physical universe, the cosmos and the Source of All That Is. This higher awareness helps it to realise its evolutionary experience is still far from being complete. It may decide against reincarnation for a while, and decide to gain experience by becoming a guide for someone still living on the earth plane. The spirit is not limited to the number of humans it can guide. It still has free will and can progress as and when it wishes. A spirit may assist one person or several. Eventually the time comes when its knowledge and wisdom uplift it to the next plane.

The Fourth Plane
    This is the plane where one can begin to intergate the higher vibrations of the light body with the physical while still retaining your individual ego identity. It is here where we begin to become aware of our true multi-dimensional selves. Upon arriving at the Fourth Plane a spirit will enter a dimension where colour is of a lighter, brighter brilliance, and the quality of sound indescribable. The spirit ascends in vibration by gradually assimilating an awareness of even higher levels of thought around it. After a series of tests and initiations, it will pass on up through a series of dimensions, each a little higher in vibration than the one below it, until, becoming finer and wiser, it enters the Fifth Plane.

The Fifth Plane
    This realm is one of illumination - where the spirit is uplifted by the beauty, the wonder and the loving wisdom of Creation. Here the spirit learns to be a creator in its own right. Here is where it prepares for the Sixth Plane, the highest before the ultimate plane of the Source. This plane is sometimes called the plane of Light.

The Sixth Plane
    The exalted beings who guide the planets inhabit the Sixth Plane - a realm of inexpressible majesty and magnitude. Archangels and Ascended Masters are of this realm. The Sixth Plane is known as the Christ Consciousness Plane. Jesus the Christ carried this frequency with him when he taught here on the planet over 2,000 years ago. Here the spirit broadens its vision to encompass all worlds and all planes. And it is here where final adjustments are made in preparation for the final step to the ultimate - oneness with God.

The Seventh Plane
    Everything is in God?s imagination. Without it, nothing would exist. When a spirit finally reunites with its Source at the Godhead, it retains a certain amount of its individuality yet is still in complete harmony with all other thought. The Godhead is an ever expanding energy force and each returning spirit, having achieved that degree of fineness, breadth of thought and understanding, adds to the infinity of experience within the Godhead. The spirit itself continues to expand in complete harmony and oneness until it finally merges into such greatness that there are no words to describe it.

These various planes of vibration are not individually boxed and stacked one on top of the other, reaching up towards some imaginary throne in the sky. These levels of existence interweave and co-exists within each other right here on this plane we call earth. All spirit worlds interweave, so that within you, within your home and within your workplace, all are present, from the densest to the Godhead itself!

These descriptions of planes within planes are presented only to give you a broad outline - to help you visualise existence beyond the physical. There are many, many rooms in many, many mansions awaiting the eager explorer of this ever expanding, infinite cosmos we call home.

17. Jolonar Being of intellect. Registered Senior Member

There are more than 7 planes, but only 7 are explored, and known about by humans.

Regards,
    J.

18. Hypercane Sustained Winds at Mach One Registered Senior Member

Lmao. Hypercane is concerning Earth Science, specifically climate. It has nothing to do with the fourth dimension.

19. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Ack. You guys. Let me explain.

Modern physics hypothesizes 11 dimensions in certain brands of string theory. Others come up with different numbers. These assertions are NOT "accepted", but hypothesized.

Classical physics endorses "space-time", which is 3 dimensions plus time, which is NOT a dimension in the same sense as the other three because you cannot move freely in all directions.

The "fourth dimension" is hypothesized by Hawking to be "imaginary time".

I've started a number of threads on this very issue, and consider a "fifth or fourth dimension" to allow for "the abstract". There must be such a degree of freedom or abstracts could not exist. I maintain that you cannot fit abstracts into classical space-time, so there must be a dimension that allows somewhere for them to exist.

Here is a funky graphic that if you look at if for a while and actually think about it, might put things in perspective or wholly confuse you. It's just my perspective:

I would guess that string theory will be accepted or rejected within 20 years. As of now, there are no experiments that can reveal compactificated dimensions, but that will soon change according to Hawking in his latest book.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  20. Jolonar Being of intellect. Registered Senior Member

Please do!

That's fair enough...

Ahh, but time can be moved in! They have done it in America somewhere. Lazers make the object move ad an intense speed and it is forced back through time!

But the "fourth dimension" is not "imaginary time", it is time!

Please define... "abstracts"???.

But what is H-Cube? This is a term with which I am unfamiliar with.

True... withing 20 years.. They are currently experimenting..... but nothing has com of it yet.

He is correct, it all will change soon....

Regards,
    J.

21. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Okay I'm not so sure about that. You got a link?

I don't think so.

It's in your dictionary. It's meaning. It's "all that exists in imagination", like this conversation. The symbols are real, but meaningless unless abstracted.

Hypercube.

Right.

Agreed.

Regards reciprocated.

22. Jolonar Being of intellect. Registered Senior Member

No, I do not have a link. It was on the Discovery channel, and there was discussion about it on a chat room a while back, of which I was a part.

I will however, try to find you a link.

I think that you'll find that it is. For time itself is a dimension through which we are moving. But it does not seem like we are, even though it affects us.

I shall provide a much better explanation later. I will write it so even those people that are not so smart like us, can still understand it.

ahh, okay then, that now makes more sense.

Why would you have the fourth dimension as a Hypercube? That's just rhediculous!

No, left!

Good, because so do I. :bugeye:

Thanks!

Catch you later....

Regards,
    J.

23. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Maybe. I view it differently as explained in my graphic. IMO, time is not a dimension itself, but we percieve (based on constraints incurred by our dimensionality) a small portion of the intersection of all spatial dimensions and call it "time".

EDIT:

I would guess that it is that intersection that forces in the "normal" direction of time. Kind of like the rotation of a tornado, planet or black hole.

[insane ramblings]
    I'd also think that from a higher dimensionality what we think of as time wouldn't at all be what we think of as time, but rather whatever lies beyond the limit of the finite infinity of time (by that I mean subjective infinity, as in your life is your infinity. Though objectively finite, it is subjectively as much as you can get so to speak, so you could call it infinity from that perspective). Our "time" effect might seem compactificated from the higher dimensional perspective. Change would occur in an infinity of time per change of state. Yeah okay that's reaching, but it's difficult (and entertaining) to imagine a perspective that is necessarily beyond comprehension.[/insane ramblings]

/EDIT

If you insist. :bugeye:

No problem.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004