5 reasons gay parents are awesome

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Magical Realist, May 4, 2013.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Fact is other more important factors come into play before the mere gender of the parents. Factors like family income level, love and devotion of the parents, and the values of the parents. If you were to see after your own kids' care from some afterlife pov, I'd concentrate on THOSE factors if you want them raised well.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Yes, a healthy environment, one that is traditionally the best for nurturing a young mind. Is there some reason it MUST be a homosexual couple? Transvestites might love children too, but I wouldn't want my kids living with them.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Depends on who wants to adopt the kids. If noone wants to adopt a kid except a qualified gay couple, then that's the only choice there is. Given the choice of remaining an orphan or having parents, I think the choice is obvious. In a system where there is a dearth of qualified adopting parents, beggars can't be choosers. Besides, as the article made clear, gay couples tend to adopt the less popular orphans like minorities and older kids who have less chance of being adopted. Gay couples are thus filling a need that would not otherwise be filled.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Please show evidence that homosexual parents offer an unhealthy environment for children and not just your opinion.

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

Right, I am trying to figure out why you think homosexual parents would provide any less of a healthy environment than heterosexual parents. Thus the questions about comparisons. I have met people who are so homophobic that they'd prefer heterosexual drug dealers to homosexual parents of any type. Their reason was that all homosexuals had kinky sex all the time, swapped partners regularly and no doubt did drugs, so the kids were better off with a couple that JUST did drugs.

9. arauca Banned Banned

give the statistics at least 18 years.

10. arauca Banned Banned

A child acquiesces character from the environment . If so, the chances are greater that as the individual grows up might more in favor to be inclined to homosexuality, If so in a long run there will be a larger pool for homosexual practices . I don't think I world like to live in that kind of environment.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

How about 25 years?

============
    Study: Same-sex parents raise well-adjusted kids
    After more than 25 years of research, the American Academy of Pediatrics has found no link between parents’ sexual orientation and their children's emotional well-being.

. . .the American Academy of Pediatrics, or AAP, issued a powerful statement supporting marriage equality for all consenting couples, as well as full adoption and foster-care rights for parents regardless of sexual orientation.

“There is a lot of research to back up this policy,” Dr. Ellen C. Perrin, a professor of pediatrics at the Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center in Boston told The Huffington Post. “If a child has two parents that are dedicated and willing to provide a permanent, secure family, why would we not support that family? It's clearly in the best interest of children.”

In 2006, after 25 years of research the AAP concluded it had found no link between parents' sexual orientation and their children's emotional well-being.
    ============

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

Perhaps. There will certainly be more gay kids willing to come "out of the closet."

Back in the 1900's, lots of people said they didn't want to live in an environment where blacks had the same rights as whites. They adapted (or died out with time.)

13. arauca Banned Banned

Please lets don't mix up the original post with racial problem.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There is no evidence that this happens, but if it does so what, we have too many people in the world.

15. billvon Valued Senior Member

They are very similar. A lot of people didn't like blacks decades ago for many of the same reasons they don't like gays today. They are destroying the fabric of society, they can't live moral lives, they are corrupting our youth etc. And the arguments against blacks marrying whites mirror the arguments against gays marrying almost exactly.

16. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I would refer to the roles that both the father and the mother provide. I don't think we need a study to show us the obvious. If I might use my own daughter as an example: she spends more time with her mother than with me, because they have a relationship that revolves around common ground, a bonding that only a mother and daughter can share. Yes, we have a relationship, but there are things that we don't share, and I'm certain the two have conversations that only females can share. Her mother plays an important role in her life; whereas the relationship between me and my daughter is completely different.

I think you are cheating a child when you force them under the guidance of a same-sex couple. I wouldn't say that a gay couple can't provide a secure and loving environment, but I think there's more to a home and a family than just that.

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

But it might take a study to show that your assumptions are inaccurate. You are making two assumptions, neither of which is accurate IMO:

-Heterosexuals always provide homes with standard sex-based role models for children.
    -Standard sex-based role models are important to children.

Hmm. My youngest nephew spends far more time with his mother than his father; he seems to be doing very well.

18. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I see it at play with my own two children, and how they relate to their parents. We disagree.

Could be that his mother provides a role that he doesn't get from his father. Yes, mothers are important role models for boys as well. Both play a part in the nurturing of the young. I loved my mother.

19. billvon Valued Senior Member

Yes, that could be. It is fortunate that his parents do not force him into more "standard" relationships.

20. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

All I'm saying is that a father and mother offer something different in a family, and I think duality nurtures a more rounded child. Maybe a gay couple can supply both the male and female perspective in a family, but I'm not sure how that would be perceived by a young mind and what the implications might be.

21. billvon Valued Senior Member

I agree with the idea that two different parents create a more diverse experience for a child. However, people are different in a great many ways; the difference in sex is, if anything, one of the more minor aspects of the potential differences between parents and the resulting widening of experiences.

Or perhaps the working and stay-at-home perspective, or the nurturing vs. the goal-setting approach, or the creative vs the hard-working role model, or a sports vs a more analytical occupation.

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

To the extent that we recognize that parents CAN play roles for their children, as in one being more authoratarian and the other being more nurturing, then we are basically saying these roles are not necessarily gender based at all but roles that are deliberately assumed in the parenting dynamic. Thus two women or two men can offer the same active/passive contrast to their children as a man and a woman can. Men can play the mothering role just as easily as women can playing the fathering role. These roles do not necessarily correlate to gender. More like good cop bad cop..

23. arauca Banned Banned

Evidence shmevidence we have not done the evaluation yet you need at least one generation to pass by

You tell me in a homosexual couple which is the father and who is the mother , or is it a mother is mot important in the family ? For a period I was the father and the mother for my boys, believe me as sun I got a new wife the younger one klingt to her , the older for a wile was indifferent but after a period of time he got closer to her.
    In a homosexual for a wile they will call uncle and uncle , then after they get older and find out that one is fuking the other, how they will accept that ? " they will say " my uncles are fuking each other , so that is ok. how about if the uncle reside he wants to fuk the kid.
    Damit the more I think the worse it sounds . That is stupid that is perversion. I think the people who are promoting such things are sik.