4th dimension and beyond

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Slacker47, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

Something that blows my mind: a blackhole should be a perfect sphere, correct? Since they are dense enough to collapse on themselves, this would form a perfect sphere. But if this were true, a perfect sphere would be stable enough to never expand again. This would disprove the big bang theory. Which means that time is circular and there is no beginning. Therefore, God is myth.

But if there was no beginning, how are we here? Did the universe always exist?

One could say that "God" created this circular time system because fourth dimensional beings have this power, but that would mean that he had to create himself.

Being the stout atheist that I am, this is what i came up with:
    Time is circular. The circle is completed everytime that a blackhole becomes dense enough to pull the rest of the universe in. Once this occurs, the universe that "goes into" the blackhole is turned solely into energy which is "spit out" in another dimensional universe that did not previously exist. Thusly, the circle "begins." This would be the supposed Big Bang, an explosion of sub atomic particles fusing to create the unimaginable human species.

Can anyone back this up factually? And are blackholes concave spheres (i have been trying to picture this in my mind)?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Slacker47:

<i>Something that blows my mind: a blackhole should be a perfect sphere, correct?</i>

The event horizon of a non-rotating black hole is.

<i>But if this were true, a perfect sphere would be stable enough to never expand again.</i>

Black holes expand as more matter falls into them.

<i>This would disprove the big bang theory.</i>

How?

<i>Which means that time is circular and there is no beginning.</i>

Why must time be circular if the big bang is false?

<i>Therefore, God is myth.</i>

Why must God be a myth if time is circular?

There are a lot of connections to be justified here. You seem to have jumped ahead very quickly.

<i>Can anyone back this up factually? And are blackholes concave spheres (i have been trying to picture this in my mind)?</i>

Can you back it up theoretically?

And what's a concave sphere?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

Well, thanks for nothing. I am trying to learn and you didnt help.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Slacker

Any celestial body with gravity gains mass over time. It is unavoidable.

It seems to me the idea of a cyclical universe is quite popular.

God has always been just a myth.

8. Merlijn curious cat Registered Senior Member

"Any celestial body with gravity gains mass over time. It is unavoidable. "
    Not necessarily Adam.
    I believe our sun loses mass over time. Furthermore, all bodies have gravity.

Slacker, what did ou want? Did you want to discuss, or did you want people to applaud?
    What James writes is correct: you have to try not to jump to conclusions. I know it is hard. But that is the 'Toa of the Ratio'

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

("Small steps Ellie, small steps")
    James did tried to teach you just that. And I hope you have learned from it. It is a very wise lesson.

And there is another thing. Iwas raised in an atheistic environment. And throiugh science and philosophy, I started to believe in what some may call Platonism. And the idea of a world of ideas (or whatever one wants to call it) with absolute thruths is very close to the notion of a god. In that sense I have come nearer to god - to me not a myth.

9. lethe Registered Senior Member

whoa man! pretty hostile! i thought james gave you a very thorough answer. poor attitude!

10. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

As James says, at the event horizon. But only for Schwarzschild Black Holes, ones without charge and angular momentum. N&ouml;rdstrom (charge, no angular momentum) and Kerr )charge and angular momentum) black holes have other topologies, shapes.

Assuming the Big Bang formed from a pre-existing black hole. This is not what Physics currently thinks happened. Current models have the Big Bang as the creation of spacetime and matter through the inflation of the Hawking-Turok Instanton field.

As your starting assumption is bad the conclusions are bad. Also, the existence, or not, of a $DEITY is addressed by the Big Bang. It is possible God exists and science is right.

For one thing, we are 4 dimensional beings, exciting isn't it.

The question of 'was God created' or "who created God' is one that has vexed philosophers for millenia. I doubt we'll solve that one soon. If you listen to theologians God is unfathomable and Infinite in scope.

As stated, the Universe did not begin with a Black Hole. The history of the Universe and it's eventual fate depends strongly on several factors that are not known in detail yet.

Full marks for crudely describing an Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen bridge though. Sadly, I've seen this idea many, many times. It's a common idea.