3 Days On The Job

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by darksidZz, Apr 5, 2008.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Oddly enough today I was in the training room going through my position abit. Nearing the end of the day I was asked to come with the Training Director and went straight to the HR Presidents office. I was utterly confused by this and wondered what on Earth I could've done that would get me in trouble, then I heard them say I'd been getting trained on the wrong thing. I was like wtf? They told me they'd accidentally given me the wrong information packet and that I should've been getting trained for another position. After this I was somewhat annoyed but I kept it in, they said sorry and the HR Assistant apologized to me and they all said I could yell if I wanted to. I said "that's fine" mostly because they seemed confused originally on what I was doing anyway. The HR Hiring me told me it was Data Entry but I doubted the factual nature of his statement. It seems nobody even knew what I was supposed to be learning, thankfully I learned about their database so it was no foul. I just wonder exactly what the hell kinda place this is now, lol

I admitt to being a little tense over things but I'm gonna try and relax now that I find they are mostly human / not as well organized as they appeared. It's very funny hearing them all say sorry after only 3 days, god only wonders what else might happen!

But honestly it beats Kinko's, that place sucked by a long shot. They also said I would be doing either reservations for rooms (places the meetings are held) or I'd do the appointment scheduling. I will say at first I was angry because I'm not a very talkative fellow but when I did the actual data entry I realized why they SHOULD spread it out. If I did the DE all day I'd loose my freakin mind! One of the sales reps told me he only does it 2 hours a day minimum, and we're not talking rocket science either it's basic field entry. I'm really somewhat surprised they even bothered testing my typing speed when all I'm doing is entering data into one place at a time.

Oh yea you'll get a kick outta this, I went into a Kinko's today to fax something, lmao That's when I thought "well at least I ain't here right now" lol. During my day I ran into the supervisor I have, she was seemingly angry but I let her be, then she said "I've got some questions to ask you after lunch so meet me back here." All I could think was worrying thoughts, I then realized it couldn't be that bad, I was only there 3 days and the employment is at-will

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I had lunch and then met with her afterward, she asked when I'd be done with training and said I was needed, I thought "are they kidding?" This is when she went to inquire with the HR Assistant and found out I was on the wrong program, lol

In all honesty I thought I was on the wrong program but I figured they'd have to know better than me? Turns out I was wrong, lol I get a feeling after 90 days they might just let me go, but then I also think they are nuts and goof balls so maybe I'll make it through, lol

Well that's my first 3 days, pretty weird huh? One thing I found funny is the database entry, basically you need to lookup e-mails for clients that are already in their files, they want you to use a few websites but mainly I was just looking using google, lol It works 1/2 the time, the other 1/2 it does not. Sometimes the clients no longer work there. I was not really advised on anything and just winged it for the rest of the afternoon.

What a weird place, lol Also I feel this work would easily be outsourced but eh.

Hell now that I think about it why wouldn't they outsource it all, lol

I'll keep ya updated everyone, I've decided not to take it to seriously and instead allow them to evaluate me instead of me evaluating myself. So at the end of 90 days let's find out whether I'm good or not.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

Don't think about her and having any sexual affairs!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

what harm could there be in learning more than 1 job? I think the more you know around there, the more opportunities will open for you.
    Congrats on the new job!:thumbsup:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I hope you make it.

8. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    DATA ENTRY ???!?!?!?

What about "rear entry" ?

Jaysus, kiddo !

Whadda you up to out there ?

9. draqon Banned Banned

NO SEX ON JOB!

10. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    Why not ??!?!

"He's needed"...

11. draqon Banned Banned

because the entry should be done not by him

She needs to turn on the ignition

12. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    His job's going to be outsourced to "Badonkistan", anyway...

Might as well hit dat shee-ut and buy a pair of jackboots, a PVC jumpsuit and a gasmask...

A career in film awaits !

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Congrats Dark, you'll make it