2nd Ammendment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jayleew, Nov 9, 2005.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You can have your guns, but bullets should cost $5,000 each. Thanks to Chris Rock for this idea.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So now the damned liberal doo-gooders plan to trample, not only on gun rights, but on the very principles of free enterprise and capitalism?! How nice.

But seriously, I keep wondering how the liberals plan to keep guns out of the hands of criminals? I mean, let's face facts; criminals are called criminals because they don't obey the laws - gun laws as well as other laws. So if guns are made illegal to own or possess, and all of the "good guys" obey the law and turn in their guns, do the liberals actually, really, truly believe that the criminals will obey that law? ...even tho' they ain't obeying any of the other laws of the nation?

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You could restrict the number of guns sold, perhaps one per person. You could close the gun show loopholes. You could require built in locks with biometrics so no one but the true owner could fire it. There are all kinds of ways to limit the theft of guns and their criminal use. Every gun could have a radio ID tag or GPS like Lo-jack.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

What if a person wants more than one gun? How can you limit something like that, but not limit something like "one Coca-Cola per person"?! C'mon, be sensible and realistic at least!

What are they? Please tell me.

Yeah, and all it does is makes LEGAL guns cost so much more, but the criminals would easily find methods around every single one of those "idiotic protections"!! ..and ye're right back to the same thing ...ye're limiting guns to the "good guys", while doing nothing whatsoever to keep guns out of the hands of criminals!

Listen, I'm not one of those screaming for the right to carry a howitzer on each hip. I'd be more than willing to agree to something that would keep guns from the criminals, but it must be something that targets the fuckin' criminals, NOT the legal, good guys! Every attempt at gun laws does nothing but limit the guns to the "good guys" ....and criminals are laughing their asses off about it!

Baron Max

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You can easily limit people to one gun.

Gun show loopholes allow an individual to get the status of a gun "dealer", and avoid the restrictions of private purchases.

I'm suggesting ways of keeping guns from criminals, most of which are stolen from legitimate owners.

9. Roman Banned Banned

Your suggestions aren't very reasonable, spidergoat.

Firstly, most criminals don't even have liscences for their firearms. One fifth of criminals bought their gun through a liscensed dealer.

Obviously criminals get their guns illegally. That's an easy no brainer.

Now impose a limit to a very in demand supply. Do you know what happens when demand is greater than supply? Prices rise to match supply and black markets emerge.

There already exist in America more guns than adults. Guns last a long time. A Kalashnikov made in the 50's can still kill people today. A Winchester from the 20's can still kill someone today.

So what will legitimate gun owners do? Sell their guns for huge amounts of cash. Hell, if there was a one gun per person law passed, I'd go buy my one gun and sell it for heaps 'o cash.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

So we can't pass any gun laws because there are so many guns around that it has no point?

Hence we confiscate all legal guns. I'd imagine even in the US you would need a licence for a gun or some sort of registration (please don't tell me you don't even have that!).

Good for the economy. All these people have to replace their guns if they are able to obtain the new gun licence (which, I have to remind you, is not so easy to get)

What remains are illegal guns. We start with slowly confiscating them.

Nobody said a solution would be easy or painless. The current problem has been created over decades of negligence. You can't really expect a solution to happen overnight. But you can start.

And then we smelt all guns into plows for the starving children in the 3rd world.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Roman Banned Banned

Wow. Confiscate all guns. What a way to trample all over the second amendment. While we're taking all the the guns, we may as well give the Jews a yellow star to wear....

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

My apologies then. I didn't realize the Nazis in the US are always on the verge of a rebellion that can only be kept in check by the patriotic gun owning people of the US.

13. Roman Banned Banned

There's a slippery slope argument to be made somewhere....

14. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

protection of ones person is a fundamental right of any person on earth.

guns are one form of protection,they are just a tool.
    body armour is also another means of protection.

cars kill people everyday,but you dont hear all the antigun nuts screaming to ban cars.
    gravity kills people, oxygen kills people, people drown in water,why not make anything that can be classified as dangerous illegal?
    BECAUSE ITS A STUPID FUCKING IDEA,THE VERY NOTION IS FUNDAMENTLY FLAWED!!!!
    LIVING IS DANGEROUS,DEAL WITH IT COWARD!!!

15. Roman Banned Banned

A gun's main purpose is to murder. What a great tool, buddy. So killing people is protection now?

EXCLAMATION POINTS AND CAPITAL LETTERS MEANS I HAVE TROUBLE FORMING AN ARGUMENT!!! WHEN I LOSE I JUST SHOUT!!!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  16. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Is it? I thought it was "to deter a threat" or "to shoot stuff because shooting stuff is fun so long as it don't bleed", which it is if you haven't tried it.

17. Roman Banned Banned

I know dawg, I'm just praciticing my deBAITing style.

Deter threat, or hold up a train?

18. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Train! Train! Train!

Heathen.

Bait and judge baby!

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Hmm, I don't know for sure, but I think registration is required on only handguns, not rifles and shotguns. I could be wrong?? ...I mean, I have been wrong before, tho' I can't remember when???) ;=)

So if a criminal or one who's planning to use his weapon in a crime, are you actually thinking that he'd just turn over his weapons when the "good guys" come calling? Just like that?? "Oh, geez, officer, I was planning to kill old Joe, but if I have to give up my gun ....well, okay, here, take it."

Can't you see, Spurious, how you'd be trampling on the rights of the INNOCENT gun owners in a faulty and ignorant move to confiscate guns??? I mean, can't you really see that???

And let's not forget, criminals are called criminals because they DON'T obey laws. So passing one more law ain't gonna' do nothin' but make the criminals laugh harder at us!!

Baron Max

20. Roman Banned Banned

Why not just make posession of drugs&firearms punishable by death?

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, we tried that with the crime of murder, but so many mamby-pamby, doo-gooder liberals struck that down, too! Surely they'd strike this one down, so we're left with a law that basically says,

"Murder is not very nice, but if you must do it, we'll give you three good, hot meals a day, a clean, warm place to sleep, free medical and dental care, lots of tv shows to watch and enjoy, ......, and we'll let you out on parole if you're a nice guy for a few years."

Making a new law ain't gonna' do shit! We have laws now that aren't being enforced, why should a new law be any different? Anyone who wants to can do whatever he wants and, quite often, get nothing but probation, if that.

And you want a new, useless law? As if we don't have enough useless laws already?

Baron Max

22. RoscoHowOriginal Awesome Registered Senior Member

I think it's funny that the same people who are so eager to protect gunowner's rights are the same people who don't seem to give a damn about the rights of those locked up in Guantanimo Bay and such places, and the ones who are so concerned with the rights of suspected terrorists don't seem to give a damn about the honest people who want a gun to protect their families.

Free speech, the right to bear arms, the right to a fair and speedy trial; every one is exactly as important as the others.

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Rosco, those damned people ain't citizens of the USA! They ain't got the same "rights" as Americans and those rights ain't protected by anyone strong enough to support the damned scumbags!!

If those damned scumbags all had guns, they might be able to protect their own rights ....but we took their guns, didn't we? See? We're stronger than they are, we were strong enough to take their guns and not let them have any more!

See what happens when someone takes your damned guns??? Yet you'd let them take our guns, wouldn't you? Just like that, you'd disarm the citizens of the US without a fight .....so that we'd be in a similar situation as the Gitmo prisoners, huh? Think about it.

Baron Max