Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by mooter, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Alien Mastermind Registered Senior Member

I'm sorry... It's just that each and every time I hear a conversation about the ending of the world, a vigorous laugh breaks out...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

That is interesting. But if a child is asked to do a star map and he/she scribbled something - it can always match with stars from some vantage point since there are billions and a person can only draw a few on paper.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2003
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nascere Restless Soul Registered Senior Member

heh alien it is kinda funny

Are you people scared of the end of the world? Or just curious? Or maybe hoping for it... just to prove that it will come, and your not crazy... heh. I'd rather not know when the world will end to tell you the truth cuz we probly wont be able to do nothing about it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

It have heard it is nothing more then a cycle. The end of the old and the begining of the new. This is the dawning of the age of aqaurious.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

mooter,

According to Astrology, planetary alignment can influence Earth. With a Galactic alignment, there might be a lot of physical disturbance in the world and things like earthquakes and floods may be possible. It's important to read here that I'm using a scientific perspective rather than a mystical one. I don't know wheter planetary alignments can physically disturb our tectonic plates or not, but there are many corpus celesti that do physically interact with us. The corona of the sun influence our weather, there is gravitation and even asteroids influence us (there is some data that compares the passage of asteroids with some sickness, and indeed those asteroids might carry somthing that can sicken us. But that's just a hypothesis I read some time ago...). Besides, if a nearby star collapses into a black hole or neutron star, we are dead... completly lost and we can do nothing about it...

The Black hole in the center of our galaxy is not harmfull to us. If it were, we wouldn't even exist, since this black hole is certainly older than us. Black holes and neutron stars are not harmfull to life as long as it is within a right distance. I don't know which distance this is, but astronomers and astrophysics know it. I read some time ago that there were a nearby star that might have collapsed some million of years ago and that might have been what killed the dinosaurs. Or a neutron star. I read somewhere that they found some evidence while examining the composition of some rocks in the ocean. The rocks were dated to the time of the dinosaurs and they had chemicals that are not natural. They were probably chemicals that changed because of the radiation. I read that some time ago, but I cannot find it anymore. Here are some links about it:
    http://astrobiology.arc.nasa.gov/news/expandnews.cfm?id=1295
    http://www.newscientist.com/hottopics/dinosaurs/cancer.jsp

It is very unlikely that we will ever be killed by a supernova. However, neutron stars might be a threat.

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Empty,

Through an astrologic perspective your terms and afirmations are totally right...

Through a scientific perspective it is gibberish. However, theorically the "age of aquarious" is right since it is a major shift on the equinox and placement of the planet (if I still remember those things quite well...). However, the emotional and psychological implications that astrology proposes is possibly not scientifically provable and of course, there is still no evidence of such facts...

10. mooter Psychonautic Funkalicious Registered Senior Member

Art & Science

Thanks truth I respect your respect and perspective

Scientific validity is important to me at least in this case because of its claim. I remember reading from one of the links I searched that the hole is not having an effect and I think its the same thing as a planets placement around the sun, with the right distance it can stay and form and there is no danger.

With astrology, I think that since planets are held in form, form is frequency. At some level we can be affected by these frequencies. At birth we have our Sun sign and then we have another sign with whatever zodiac sign is on the horizon. Someone made an interesting point about this though and even termed it astro-genetics, he debates that these energies are infused to us at conception, and not birth. It makes sense to me...either way it doesnt matter, Im a classic Pisces (except Im hetero hehe)

Did anyone see a documentary on Astrology or Prophecy on the History channel or something similar? Im not sure if it was Madam Blavatsky or someone else where the validity of astrology was put on trial. They Brought in an astrologer and gave her the information for her to make a natal chart, and then describe the trials and tribulations of what that person would go through without herknowing who the person was. She described some things about what would happen in that persons life and it turned out to be pretty fantastic. I cant remember specifics but I believe it had to do with mostly tragedies like the person dying young and having a disease. Turned out the person was the judges son and she was right. I guess since there was a trial maybe the charge was fraudulence and the charges were dropped.

As far as starmaps concerned c'mon, noones goiong to draw every star in the sky, besides, we have constellations for points of reference.

I consider the time to be an apex for drastic changes, maybe for all 3, spiritually, mentally and physically. As Jose Arguelles put it, the walls and foundation of the current mental house are craking and beginning to fall. I hope it doesnt take terrorists to help make this happen. Talking to other people of all kinds it seems as if everyone is becoming more psychically sensitive, whether they know it or not. Unfortunately here in the midwest.....

Yeah, end of the world makes me laugh....strange thing happened a few weeks ago I was downtown and outside I saw some kind of hippie lookin guy who failed the acid test with the classic cliched sign "Repent, end of the world is near", something close to that, weird...we just need to take 5 billiion people and send them to Mars

Funny truth, despite ultraviolet rays I thought cancer was caused by the industrial revolution

11. Jaxom Tau Zero Registered Senior Member

http://starryskies.com/Artshtml/dln/3-98/precession.html

On the dinosaur/radiation thing, while it may be a good explanation for some of the previous mass extinctions, the dinosaurs were most likely killed off through the well known asteroid impact and its effects on earth (firestorm, nuclear winter, heavy volcanism). Too much evidence to not think that it was the major player in their demise. Unless the rock happened to hit at the same time as the dinos got radiated...

However, there is a nearby star that is on its last "days", and it a bit too near for comfort. It was discussed here last year.

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=7736

12. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

TruthSeeker...I was singing

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Empty, then specify...

I don't know this music, you know...? Actually, I know it. What I don't know is the words of it...

14. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

didnt they say the world was going end in 666, 1111 1999,2000 2001......

stop with the predictions!!! when it happens we will know!!!

15. IXL777 mature with wisdom Registered Senior Member

December 21, 2012 is the time when there is a major alignment with our Earth and Sun to align to the Galactic Equator, even the Galactic Center itself. Because of precession of the equinoxes (wobbling of the Earths tilt on its axis) this happens only every 26,000 years.
    Immortality will be a reality by 2012, the next level of consciousness for Mankind.
    Solar disorder will be paramount, and the pangs of disorder ,wars darkness is on the Earth now.The process of Immortality will be linked to the 4 major Arks(pyramids) world wide,The Maya have been watching the long count...their truth is also based on reality..solar disorder will create massive tidal waves , crustle torque, earthquakes etc.just like the archetypal flood....... only by being immortal will you be saved, the cross of Hendaye.....is the signpost and is the physical truth of this reality.
    with sincerity
    dominic:m: :m: :m:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2003
  16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

the world ends every day....

that is, the world as we know it today...

17. Black star 4 Registered Member

End of the world???

Not necessarily the end of the world, but a change in the brains and function of all life forms on planet Earth

18. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Uhhhh, have you been living under a rock for the past few decades or something?

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=179854

Excerpt:
    http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm
    http://edj.net/mc2012/mayans.htm

19. VitalOne Banned Banned

Nothing will happen...nothing at all...not even that great of a change it'll be just like any other year...

20. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

That would be a spectacular thing to watch if we successfully create a black hole from the new collider and it, for some reason, started to envelope the earth.

Look at it on the brighter side, if man doesn't destroy himself, nature will. In a couple billion years, we will be able to watch Andromeda collide with the Milky Way, another two billion years and the sun will go supernova, and finally several hundred billion years further and all stars will cease to exist leaving total darkness and coldness; basically a dead universe.

I find it pretty funny how humans and other animals reproduce to stay alive, yet there is a definite end to it all. Really makes you wonder.

Last edited: May 3, 2007