101 CLEARED UP "Contradictions" in the Bible = Paradoxes

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by MarcAC, Mar 30, 2005.

1. MarcAC Curious Registered Senior Member

What translation do you quote here?

My advice: read some other translations and see if you get the same thing (doubtful) in Genesis 2:19 if you are interested (here's a nice way to do it).

My statement: the creation accounts are not thought by many to be "absolute chronologies" (more so Genesis 2).

Easily accessible reference: have fun if you will.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Throckmorton Registered Senior Member

Hi MarcAC,

"I (along with the authors of the article quoted above) did"

You have provided no examples from the Bible that explain why 2Samuel 24:1 and 1Chronicles 21:1 are in contradiction. Are you able to comprehend this simple fact MarcAC? You haven't provided examples from the Bible that explain why 2Samuel 24:1 and 1Chronicles 21:1 contradict each other.

You have attempted to make a case that the passages in question don't mean what they say but you haven't been able to show that with quotes from the Bible. You have frequently claimed that such quotes exist but you have not provided any.

"Don't just dogmatically bark your opinion and expect everyone to accept it as the words of Jesus The Rock of our salvation"

It is not a matter of opinion MarcAC. It's a fact that you have attempted to make a case that the passages in question don't mean what they say but you haven't been able to show that with quotes from the Bible. You are unable to understand the difference between opinion and fact here MarcAC.

"That statement to which you refer was actually an analogy."

Can you explain how your statement ("You seem to be advocating that two passages are the Bible; isolate two sentences from the whole paragraph, ignore the rest of the paragraph, and conclude they "contradict") is an analogy? You made no comparison in the statement MarcAC. Are you aware of what an analogy is?

You've asserted that I've advocated that the two passages "are the Bible". I request that you retract that assertion or admit that you're a liar.

Do you think God was just by inciting David to sin (2Samuel 24:1) and then killing 70,000 Israelites for the sin that God caused?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Throckmorton Registered Senior Member

Hi MarcAC,

"My advice: read some other translations and see if you get the same thing (doubtful) in Genesis 2:19"

"So out of the ground the Lord God formed every animal of the field and every bird of the air and brought them to the man to see what he would call them.."-NRSV

"And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto the man to see what he would call them.."-Masoretic Text

"So God Yahweh formed out of the soil various wild beasts and birds of the sky and brought them to the man to see what he called them"-Anchor Bible Vol 1

"And the Lord God fashioned from the soil each beast of the field and each fowl of the heavens and brought each to the human to see what he would call it"-"Genesis Translation and Commentary"-Robert Alter

"So God formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds of heaven. He brought them to the man to see what he would call them"-"The New English Bible"

Do you have any translations that say anything different. I've got two more translations lying around house (It's odd how many translations of Genesis I have in my house) but it's unlikely they have a different meaning.

"the creation accounts are not thought by many to be "absolute chronologies" (more so Genesis 2)."

What to you mean by "absolute chronologies"? Who are the "many" who think this?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MarcAC Curious Registered Senior Member

I do say Throckmorton, you do not read. Congratulations, 32 posts and you'll be the first to enter my ignore list. Not even SnakeLord and Medicine Woman are at this grade.

Goodbye Throckmorton.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Throckmorton Registered Senior Member

"you do not read."

You're lying. You have no case so you are resorting to filthy lies.