10 Most Important Events Of Human History

Discussion in 'History' started by Athena, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Silas asimovbot Registered Senior Member

That was as funny as f**k. But you do lose marks for saying "Are you kidding?" about Creeping Death's Ritalin-prescribed >1900-only list, - I think it's pretty obvious that he was.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Oh shit, almost forgot that one,lol

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John_angry Banned Banned

The creation of Israel - Laugh now but they will be the cause of a huge middle east war which will lead to WORLD WAR III and we will all be dead

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John_angry Banned Banned

NO 1 - The invention of the femidom

8. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

1. Vikings invade Paris...thus setting the trend where France surrenders to everyone...
    All other events can be traced to back to that.

9. Kaiduorkhon Registered Senior Member

Long ago in the orient a philosopher named Lao Tzu surmised that a butterfly zig zagging through the air in a garden caused effects in the air which would culminate into good and bad weather elsewhere, exactly depending on whether the butterfly zigged or zagged. A becalmed sea in the Horse Latitudes a century or more later, a hurricane through what is now known as the Florida peninusula etceteras, corroborating the exact moves of the butterfly in Lao Tzu's - or any other garden; or any event comparable to the cited influence of the subjected butterfly.

There's a fairly recent book out now, entitled CHAOS (the title of which is frequently misinterpreted), which proves it.

10. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

(Ignoring the 5,000 BCE limit)

Upright walking.
    Acquisition of language.
    Farming.
    Job specialization.
    Animal husbandry (especially the ox and horse).
    Metallurgy.
    Private ownership.
    Internal combustion engine.
    Democracy.
    Transistor.

11. Kaiduorkhon Registered Senior Member

Apologies in advance if this is a double post.
    Long ago in the orient a philosopher named Lao Tzu surmised that a butterfly zig zagging through the air in a garden caused effects in the air which would culminate into good and bad weather elsewhere, exactly depending on whether the butterfly zigged or zagged. A becalmed sea in the Horse Latitudes a century or more later, a hurricane through what is now known as the Florida peninusula etceteras, corroborating the exact moves of the butterfly in Lao Tzu's - or any other garden; or any event comparable to the cited influence of the subjected butterfly.

There's a fairly recent book out now, entitled CHAOS (the title of which is frequently misinterpreted), which proves it.

12. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

there have been several. the problem is finding a working model.

13. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Someone's been playing Civ4....

14. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

Hehe. That was funny.

I was actually a very big fan of the first Civilization game, but I thought different people made it now? I can only assume it has been dumbed down for the masses. Just mentioning it makes me want to fire up DOSbox and give that game, X-Com, and Master of Orion a whirl...

15. Kaiduorkhon Registered Senior Member

Everything that occupys space and/or moves is a working model.

16. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

X-Com ruled....I played it years ago, and then a few months ago I gave it a shot again....it was impossible....games are so easy these days....we've all been turned into pussies.

17. original sine Registered Senior Member

1. Formation of the Milky Way Galaxy
    2. Earth's progress to having an atmosphere that can sustain life
    3. The evolution of organisms to the formation of homo sapiens
    5. The ability to communicate using language
    6. The life of Archimedes
    7. The life of Isaac Newton
    8. The discovery of petroleum
    9. The discovery of nuclear energy
    10. The partition of Palestine and the creation of the state of Israel.

18. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Human history, genius, i.e during the time that humans existed.

....and ranking number 10 in the same top ten as the creation of the galaxy? Oh my god that is just classic.

19. original sine Registered Senior Member

Don't get too offended at my interpretation of the topic, sir. I happen to think that human history extends beyond what we have recorded, and if you don't take the words "human history" to have a strict meaning, then the aforementioned things I listed are historical events, which contributed to human history.

Also, do you think that the existence of Israel is meaningless? I could care less about the philosophical whispers, but the fact that it is likely to contribute to additional violence in the world makes it important. I didn't care to specify conflicts like the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the American Civil War, or the World Wars, because it is obvious to me that they are important enough to not need attention.

20. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

If you could care less then you obviously care some. I think you meant "Couldn't care less". "Likely to contribute to additional violence in the world"? Do you seriously think that you can put that within 10 points in the same list as "Our galaxy was created?" If so, you're an idiot. Something like that, on a list like that, would be at number 2,000,000,000 or so if that list was composed by anyone other than an unimaginable buffoon....and don't call someone "sir" when you really mean "you complete arse".

21. original sine Registered Senior Member

Go fuck yourself.

22. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Alright, and while I do I shall think of you.

23. Michelle Registered Senior Member

Not necessarily in order

1.the 9/11
    2.the tsunami in Asia
    3.the Bataan Death March in the Philippines
    4.the Holocaust
    5.the rise of Adolf Hitler
    6.the death and resurrection of Jesus
    7.the first man on the moon
    8.the murder of Princess Diana
    9.death of Pope John Paul
    10.Britney Spears being labeled as "no talent,the world's worst voiced popstar"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!