Bringing the War on Terror home

Discussion in 'Politics' started by S.A.M., Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Considering the detection of several terrorist groups with intent to terrorise Americans in the last month, do Americans support shifting the base of the War on Terror from Islamabad to Washington?

They don't even have to worry about a foreign president giving pemission to attack hostile groups in the US.

Should they continue the methods that have proved so successful in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan in eliminating terrorism?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

SAM:

I don't understand your post.

Please explain why you believe that the "base" of the US's War on Terror is in Islamabad.
    Please explain why you do not regard measures such as the US Patriot Act as aimed at tackling the War on Terror at home.
    Please explain which "methods" you are talking about that have proved successful in eliminating terrorism.

Now, I suspect that you know that the nature of the terrorist threat is different in Washington than it is in Iraq, so I assume you're just playing dumb again. If not, please explain the parallels you see between US home-grown terrorism and the activities of insurgent groups in Iraq and Afganistan.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't actually. How is the nature of terrorist threat in Washington different than in Iraq or Afghanistan or Pakistan?

What is the difference, besides the immediate proximity of American civilians in the US?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CheskiChips Banned Banned

- The lack of hostile civilians in America.
    - The existence of well established organization designed to deal with internal threat.
    - The infrequency of occurrence of successful terrorism on American soil.
    - Foreign bodies seem unwilling to subdue terrorism, America takes great efforts to fight them home and abroad.

Paralleled with:

- A high population of hostile civilians.
    - The lack of any organizations at all designed to deal with internal threat by terrorists.
    - The relatively significant frequency of terrorist activities in their lands.
    - They don't fight terrorism at home, or abroad.

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

SAM:

You didn't answer my other questions. I'll answer yours when you have answered all of mine from the previous post.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its too much to figure out what you mean when I don't understand your basic premise that terrorism is different based on where it originates. You can skip the thread if you are disinclined to address my questions. They are not compulsory.

Are you saying that in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan the people are all supportive of terrorism, while in America only the terrorists are?

How did you reach that conclusion?

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

In other words, when put on the spot you attempt to deflect or change the topic, as usual. You won't back up your original wild claims or explain yourself.

In other words, you're trolling again.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No, I'm frankly trying to understand the premise by which terrorism is defined differently based on point of origin.

Can you describe to me the difference between the war on terrorism in Iraq vs the US?

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Well start a thread on that, SAM. This one is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.