All Messiahs Are Eventually Crucified!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Carcano, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Carcano Valued Senior Member

I'm thinking now that African Americans will eventually come to hate Obama.

Why? Because he cant possibly live up to the Messiah status granted him by black voters.

In the 1960s, when America was still flush with cash, it might have been possible to redistribute the wealth...but NOW the government has no wealth.

It has 10.4 trillion less than zero, on life support courtesy of communist China making loans that will never be paid back.

I seriously doubt that most black Americans even know what Obama stands for. They just see him as one of them, and will be happy to throw down their idol when their lives are not changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PgV3_1_qlc&feature=related

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Maybe they just think he's a talented orator and shares their political views. I really doubt anyone sees him as the answer to all their problems.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

He's black, so what difference does it make what he stands for?

It's not much different to how the blacks all over the country riot and burn cars and demonstrate when some black gets arrested in NYC or someplace. They don't even care that the man was a criminal ...he's black, therefore the cops are racists, and the black man is innocent. What else is there to know?

Maybe. But even so, if anyone says anything bad about Osama, the blacks will riot in the streets, burning cars, and screaming hatred towards all whites.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Carcano Valued Senior Member

If that were true there would be massive riots every day.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I just saw a statistic that 60 percent of the white voters voted for McCain. Just a thing I wanted to throw into the fray somewhere.

9. Bells Staff Member

And what is the percentage of white voters who voted for Obama?.. Which kind of says a lot, don't you think?

What is the percentage of black voters in the US? African Americans are a minority, so even if all the African Americans voted for Obama (which they didn't.. some did vote for McCain), and all the whites voted for McCain, McCain would have won by a landslide. But I think the simple fact that Obama got such a huge percentage of the votes from white voters.. One exit poll I read showed that while McCain received 55% of the white vote, Obama received 43% of the white vote.. What does that tell you? Even key Republican areas, which were predominantly white, had massive swings to Obama. I just wanted to throw that into the fray as well for all of those who imagine that Obama won because of the black vote.

Another exit poll I saw showed that those who earned more than $200,000 a year voted for Obama, more than they did for McCain.. which again.. tells you what? McCain failed to attract even high income earners he was trying to scare into voting for him.

McCain lost the election because he failed to attract the independent voters. His style of campaign was divisive, as was his Vice-Presidential nominee. He lost his way in this campaign and became extremely negative.. Instead of addressing the issues at hand and that concerned Americans the most, he decided to personally attack his opponent. Which a lot of die hard Republicans also pointed out as one of their main reasons for their choice in voting for Obama.

Had McCain stuck to his true self and not given in to the whack job ultra-right religious conservatives and his zeal to attract them, he would have had a chance. But he ended up alienating a large chunk of the voting population by running a negative campaign. Instead of concentrating on his plans for the country, he concentrated more on how bad the other guy was.. in a time where people wanted answers, he failed to deliver.. Had he run a more positive campaign and had not selected his VP candidate as he did, he would have had a chance..

When McCain gave his speech yesterday, I thought to myself 'wow.. why in the hell didn't you speak like this during the campaign?'.. He showed humility and grace during that speech.. something that was lacking in his campaign.

10. kmguru Staff Member

McCain lost because young and smart voters (not the rednecks) voted for Obama. The old crowd voted on party lines. The USA is divided 50/50 on party lines. The swing occurs when economy is in the crapper....Just look at the red states. They are hurting in this economy too but still stuck to their party lines....

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Really, young and smart? :roflmao:read up on the Great Depression.

12. kmguru Staff Member

I listened to Charlie Rose and PBS News Report....

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Charlie Rose, PBS News Report, :roflmao:

14. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

Excellent post Carcano.

15. Texas Bob Registered Senior Member

A wise old owl lived in an oak;
    The more he saw the less he spoke;
    The less he spoke the more he heard:
    Why can't we all be like that bird?

Gee...sure wish I was 18 years old and a know it all again. The older I get the smarter my parents seem in hindsight.

But you have to get out and actually live in the real world not sheltered in academia for more maturity to replace the know it all hormones and cockiness that your average late teen or early 20 something would have. I have never figured out why at that age people (myself included many years ago) think they know it all when they have minimal life experience to draw from. Full of ideals and dreams but those are often better suited for fairy tales then real life.

Emotional votes based on ideals of a young person's unrealistic passions rarely turn out to be intelligent.

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

With so much horseshit, where's the freakin' pony, Max?

Your talent for understatement would be admirable if it was nobly intended.

What else is there to know? Your thesis is insupportable, sir.

We might consider Amadou Diallo. Shot to death. Forty-one rounds. The wrong man.

We might consider Abner Louima. Beaten. Raped. Hospitalized for two months. The wrong man.

We might consider Patrick Dorismond. Provoked, attacked, and eventually shot to death by officers. Innocent.

Demonstrations after the Diallo shooting brought over 1,700 arrests, including Susan Sarandon. Nearly 1,200 of those were charged. In April, 1999, Manhattan DA Robert Morgenthau dismissed all of those cases. Spokeswoman Barbara Thompson explained, "While the demonstrators did commit minor violations of law, the demonstrations were nonviolent, and they caused neither personal injury or damage to property."

In the wake of the Louima rape, the city paid out $8.75 million, the largest police brutality settlement in its history.

Responding to the Dorismond shooting, Mayor Rudy Giuliani, attempting to depict the victim as a career criminal, opened a sealed juvenile record showing that he had been arrested once at age 13 on a shoplifting charge that was never prosecuted. The city paid out two and a quarter million dollars for the wrongful death of Patrick Dorismond. No riots, either after the shooting or the grand jury verdict.

Would you care to support your statement that "blacks all over the country riot and burn cars and demonstrate when some black gets arrested in NYC or someplace"? Or is that too complicated, and not worth your time?

Notes:

CNN. "New York to dismiss Diallo protest arrest cases". CNN.com. April 5, 1999. http://www.cnn.com/US/9904/05/diallo.arrests/

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, like the Owl the more light you shine on them the less they see.

18. Balerion Banned Banned

He's got no answer, Tiassa. I would tell you not to bother, but...man, you are fun to read.

19. DeepThought Banned Banned

Although it's unlikely that blacks will hate Obama, they will be frustrated in the future since this election has given the moral high ground back to whites in America at no material cost to them.

20. Balerion Banned Banned

It shouldn't. More whites voted for McCain than Obama. The black vote is what won this for him. And the Hispanic vote.

21. DeepThought Banned Banned

The whites new (who didn't?) that nearly all black Americans would vote for him and a sizable proportion of the Hispanic community. They also new what could be gained from electing a black president. It was a simple, sub-conscious calculation that led young, ambitious and opportunistic whites to side with Obama and bring him into office.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  22. Balerion Banned Banned

Yes, it was a conspiracy of those who "new".

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. kmguru Staff Member

So, young people are emotional and old people are rational...is that your claim? How old are you?