Culture vs Race

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Willy, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willy Banned Banned

All I said is that there has never been any kind of intelligence test of any kind that has ever shown blacks and whites scoring equally.

So why the "infraction"?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Such a test must control for cultural factors, and as such is extremely difficult to design.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Willy Banned Banned

What "cultural factors"?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Humans are largely shaped by culture. Such a comparison test could be showing the difference between two cultures rather than the difference between two races.

8. Willy Banned Banned

Could you give a example of "the difference between two cultures rather than the difference between two races"?

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

There has never been a prolonged time when blacks had the same educational schooling that whites had either. If you aren't educated how can you take tests that only others know how to answer? You are really setting yourself up when you ask foolish questions that you should already know the answers to. Remember segregation, it didn't end until the 1960's and even until today blacks still aren't treated as well as whites in schools.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

A poor white person from Appalachia might be illiterate, but know everything about slaughtering hogs and playing the banjo. A middle class white person from New York might be very literate, but have no knowledge of hogs or the banjo. The difference isn't their innate ability to learn things, but a cultural difference.

11. Xev Registered Senior Member

You know what...nevermind.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Willy would say they are different races.

13. Xev Registered Senior Member

Ooh, I misread him in my attempt to amuse myself. In any case:

The trailer parks in Xenia, Ohio are populated by denizens of a different subculture (we all live in a global monoculture) than the condos of Southern California. But white people live in both places.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

ok make it a fair test, get 20 white students from harvard uni. then get 20 black students from oxford or cambridge and see if there is much difference in the test scores.

make the test an even set of questions spanning various subjects.

peace.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Ideally, you would use twins raised in different cultures.

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i can, ok you have a tribal culture who live in the amazon rainforest, then you have central london or new york. obviously the bankers and office workers are not going to do that good on a test all about surviving out int he amazon, wich plants to eat, what the natural antidote for frog poison is etc etc.

likewise the amazon tribal people are not going to do very well on a test about investment banking. or a set of questions about the current stock market and wich shares are best to invest in 2007.

the difference between certain cultures are worlds apart. it doesent mean the amazon people are stupid, it just means that the things they need to learn in life and have studied are 100% different.

peace.

17. Xev Registered Senior Member

Empty:

Steller. I wonder why nobody has done this (to my knowledge).

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

In that case, the sample group is already selected for intelligence.

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

its obvious the scores would not be much different. people who conduct these tests most likely have a racist agenda to prove.

they will get 20 white lawyers and test them against 20 uneducated thugs from some shitty hood.

peace.

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

then its fair. its not very even if you put dumb people against smart people.

either test 20 morons Vs 20 morons, or 20 educated Vs 20 educated.

peace.

21. Xev Registered Senior Member

But if blacks are inherently less intelligent than whites, wouldn't the blacks score uniformly worse?

But I guess people like Willy would probably argue that the blacks are atypical blacks, while the whites are average whites.

22. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

no those blacks have brain mutations, and the white people hang out with black guys. ofcourse.

peace.

23. Xev Registered Senior Member

Or that the test was just P.C 'cause everyone knows that black people do nothing but run about shooting things and listening to gangsta rap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.