Solution to Oxy-Acetylene cutters

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Sci-Phenomena, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

Here it is you guys, the technology that will help free us from the gas pump, just check out this cool video! What do you think of this?

This torch cuts BRICKS!

The technology, you see, will make our wallets fatter and the oil companies wallets much thinner, as it should be.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

dude...this water power thing was already posted not long ago somewhere in the vicinity of SF. MODERATORS RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I have heard of this before. In a wilderness survival book from the 70's, they talk about making a fire hotter by adding water a drop at a time. The setup drips oil on plate with a fire under it, and then a certain ratio of water droplets is arranged to fall on the plate where it separates into oxygen and hydrogen and creates a very hot flame.

There is a type of water sprayer system for cars, too, that works with a turbo or something. I don't know the principle behind that.

It would be cool if it really worked.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

Agreed spidergoat. Soon enough I'll be selling these machines and making commission on each sale, I haven't seen it with my own eyes, yet. But when I do I'll be raking in the dough, and metal workers and shops will be saving loads of money, since it will cut metal without any slag (which usually has to be cleaned off) Also, since it runs on water, it saves loads of money since the need to buy oxy-acetylene is illiminated.

Umm, this isn't an "issue," this is a simple fact of reality that you, and the oil companies are soon going to have to deal with more and more.

8. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

I've heard of that survivalist water thingy, but all it does it concentrate the energy of the fire somewhat. It does not get you extra energy from nowhere.

"replace volatile acetylene!"

What braindead fucker thinks that is sensible? Hydrogen is even more volatile than Acetylene, dammit, it will even leak out of metal cylinders over time.

AArggghhhhhh. That fox thing doesnt even say how they are geting the hydrogen.

NOOooo!
    "once thought imposible"

Aregh- braindead fuckwits. I hope this is a spoof.
    So he hydrolises the water, and then burns the hydrogen. You can do this at home, we did in in chemistry lessons at school.

REPEAT- THERE IS NOTHING NEW OR REVOLUTIONARY ABOUT THIS AT ALL!

OK man made flying saucer, where does the cut metal go? Does the torch make a perfect two dimensional cut?
    And how much does electricity cost down your way?

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

By the way, a decent water jet will cut better and faster than any torch. Then there's plasma cutters, but that's another story.

10. draqon Banned Banned

me and the oil companies...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

...nice one.

I was just saying that sciforums got a thread discussing this water thing already, i dont get it, why create another thread?

11. CANGAS Registered Senior Member

Link I got had no brick.

Also had no description of technology.

Pig in a poke? Translation: buying something with no prior intel? Looks like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.