abiogenesis

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by leopold, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leopold Valued Senior Member

as a chemist what is your take on abiogenesis?
    maybe you can run some of those suggestions out and see what happens.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wellwisher Banned Banned

I worked under the assumption, that which will explain abiogenesis will also explain the evolution of life. These will not be two different things. What led to the DNA continues to influence the cell. I never liked the black box approach of statistics, since this allows one to insert anything into the black box and fudge it into consensus thinking. I work under the assumption there will be a logical model that allows anyone to make predictions.

The three main yet connected avenues I explored were equilibrium hydrogen bonding considerations throughout the cell, equilibrium water considerations, and the membrane boundary condition of cells which defines low entropy and high energy.

Relative to the membrane boundary condition of life, since neurons and the brain define the strongest boundary potential, we have a logical direction for evolution that is not random. The neurons and brain could have been predicted as the direction of a strenghtening boundary condition.

The hydrogen bonding within the continuum of water and which holds together biomaterials is way to transmit membrane boundary potentials into the cell. The cell can react to changes quickly, since H+ (hydrogen) is the fastest thing in water, moving 100-1000 times faster than the smallest ions, via hydrogen exchange over the O of watter, similar to the pH effect. Even before anything enzyme reaches the DNA, the DNA feels the tug of the water potential change.

Although K+ and Na+ cations both have a +1 charge, the impact of each onto water is different. The K+ (potassium) is considered a kaotrope, which means it creates disorder or increases entropy within the water. The Na+ (sodium) is a kosmotrope which means it induces order or lowers the entropy in water. By tweaking the boundary condition we tweak the potential of the interior water by altering entropy and energy via the cationic ratio.

If you look at the DNA closely, it is actually a quadruple helix. This basic observation is not stressed when DNA is taught, since it leads to logical questions what is the water for? The DNA has two organic helixes and two helixes of water. The built in water allows a continuum of water from inside the genes into the bulk water for equilibrium.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.