Illegal Immigrants leaving due to poor economy

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by brokenpower, Feb 10, 2009.

1. brokenpower Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I wish Sandy was still here.
    Would it make her happy that they were leaving or sad that our country's economy was so pathetic that they didn't want to be here.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. brokenpower Registered Senior Member

I just think it's almost kind of funny that they actually want to leave... meaning we don't have to do anything!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

How long til we see white migrant workers?

8. brokenpower Registered Senior Member

Good question, the way society is these days as compared to the 30's may not bring us a time where we see migrant workers.

But who knows

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

??? I didn't see anything in there about being a migrant worker. Do you think teaching English in Thailand is what a migrant worker is? Migrant work is seasonal.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. brokenpower Registered Senior Member

That really is nothing compared to the lines spanning miles of people looking for work.

12. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

It is a hell of a lot cheaper to be unemployed in Mexico than it is to be unemployed in the USA.

My Post office is located in an area that has about 50 Mexicans and Guatemalans standing hoping to be picked up by people looking for workers when times are good and had more like 300 standing in waiting last fall. Their numbers seem to be falling. I think many have given up seeking work by that method.

Where I live in California the majority of labor hours (not dollars received) in the construction industry were done by illegal immigrants. Construction has just stopped. People are probably cutting down on yard work and house cleaners as well. The men might as well go home and see their families.

The 7-11 in the neighborhood where the illegals I always see live led the nations 7-11s in beer sales. I wonder if that 7-11 had to lay off an employee do to a fall in business.

13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Maybe Sandy was wiped out when the housing bubble went *pop* ???

14. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

HA! So that was Bush's little covert plan to get rid of the illegals; to make the economy soooo bad that they didn't want to live here. Then as soon as they all get back across the border, BAM! Raise the economy back up and focus our efforts to keep them from coming back.
    Well played, dubya.

15. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Maybe they should try China. Everything is made there.

My seven year old came to me the other day and asked if we could move to China. When I asked him why... he said, "Because that's where they make everything on Earth and we wouldn't have to pay shipping taxes."

16. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Ha! My seven year old always asks why everything is made in China. It was so funny one day this toy he got as a present literally just broke. He said what do you expect China makes cheap garbage and a lot of it is poisonous. He is starting to sound a lot like his Grandpa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

LOL

17. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

There are plenty of those. Around Hope, Arkansas (birthplace of B. Clinton) there is a migrant farmer center. I've seen plenty of the lilly white faces there. Besides, there are migrant construction workers, seasonally migrating bums, truck drivers living off their truck, etc.