Whats the fastest?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by slotty, Jan 31, 2005.

1. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

I had a bit of a blast in my motor the other day, and was a bit pissed off because its not going as fast as it should. It will knock on the door of 150mph on a good day, but needs a new exhaust hence a bit slower at the moment. I am thinking of a turbo kit 'cos i love speed. I have a friend who is an engineer of some talent who ownshis own garage. He spent £9,000 on just his engine on a twin turbo toyota supra. He kindly trusted me with a drive. Bloody hell! No police about on the M 2 in Kent, 186 MPH . Amazing

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. Whats the fastest you guys have been- on land?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Over 160 MPH in a quarter mile drag race on a motorcycle.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

Christ! what on? terminal speed of 160, thats serious shifting- no wonder you'v got a crash hat on your avatar

The 0-60 must be about 3.5 or so?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

120mph in my Dad's Saturn.

8. loophole Registered Senior Member

I know its bad but speed is so addictive, I've been 135mph in my old nissan 200sx, my mate's got a nissan 300zx 3 litre twin turbo manual (0-60 in 5.2secs), he's been over 150mph, you can feel the blood drain from your head when he really accelerates.
    I very nearly got a twin turbo supra if it wasn't for the fact I would be spending a lot of money on petrol (UK) doing 70 miles a day and probably loads of money getting it repaired. I still might just say what the hell and get one one day.

what car have you got slotty?

9. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Arg...do you have to measure in miles? I done about 220 kph, but that's just normal speed on an Autobahn, me, as a poor student, I cannot afford something faster.

EDIT: Some internet calculation thingy told me that 220 kph equals 136.71 mph.

10. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

for miles to km just multiply by 1.6

My fastest is about 230km/h (144mph) in my brother's beaten up 1969 Datsun 1600. Feels a lot faster when you can see through the rust holes in the floor!

11. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

You must buy it!!! You know it makes sense

I've got a Vtec Honda Prelude 2.2 chipped and tricked. Thinking about a turbo conversion, but i will probably try and get an old Porsche.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  12. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

I was on the M3 taking my bosses Ferrari 348 to the dealers in Egham. The windscreen must of filled up with my teeth because of the grin on my face as i was doing about 135mph and then put it in top WOW.
    My boss went ballistic when he found out i drove it to the dealers, they were meant to pick it up. I was'nt insured in it. But i'll never forget the rush- for a 20mile journey, i did about 100

13. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Yeah, Porsche kicks ass, if just the gas wouldn't be so expensive...

14. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

Sod it, i don't care. Mind you the insurance is mega expensive. It will probably cost me £1500-2000, but still worth it. What do you drive/ride Dream?

15. wolfgo Registered Member

i think ford is the fastest due to the fact that they have been kicked out of Nascar 8 times.

16. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

Welcome to sciforums. I was asking what is the fastest speed that you have been on land, not about racing dude. So whats your speed?

17. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

I went 120mph (192 kp /h) on a stretch of highway by my house in my grandmothers Lincoln LS. That thing will really move.

18. blackmonkeystatue Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

Around 120 on motorcycle. I've got an '88 V12 Jaguar XJS that fucking books. I haven't topped out in it, but I've gone 130-140 in it, speedometer is off a bit. It still had balls left too, unfortunately I didn't.

19. blackmonkeystatue Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

Probably faster. My motorcycle is only a V-twin, tops out kind of low (for a sport bike) around 140-150, and 0-60 is 3.7. It's only a 600cc too.

If a bike can hit 160mph (assuming the rider isn't pro) in the quarter mile I'd expect it to be able to do 0-60 in 2.5-3.0 or so. What kind of bike was it?

The Hayabusa goes 195-200mph stock (w/o governor) and has a 0-60 of like 2.8 or something stock. It's a heavy bike too, for a sport bike. Stats may be a little diff if it's been changed in the last few years.

20. OpteronGuy I just killed you Registered Senior Member

142 for me on a Yamaha R6. Was quite a ride.

21. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

I got up to an indicated 130 in my 1967 Camaro once. It was just starting to pull (get into the powerband) in fifth gear at that speed. But it was in a 60 MPH speed zone. In this state anything over 100 MPH is cause to be arrested and taken to jail, and have your car impounded. So I backed off. The Acura Integra that had been riding my butt when I floored it (and rapidly pulled five or six car lengths ahead from him) finally caught and passed me at around 110. I had already proven my point. I still wish that I had downshifted into fourth gear though. He really would have been embarassed then.

I've been up to around 115 on my old Suzuki a few times (it was topped out at that speed). Nothing like a motorcycle to give you sensation of speed. I don't think anyone will beat Cosmic's top speed. Drag bikes are insane.

22. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

That dragbikes zero to sixty might be best described as really hard to hold on to. In this 1997 liter bike comparison, they are all under 2.5 second zero to sixty. http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccompare/97opensb/kawasaki.html

With a bike with at least this much horsepower, long wheelbase, and a wide dragslick?

23. blackmonkeystatue Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

Hah, those are some crazy stats. Check out the wight:hp ratios on the bikes. The new R1 has a pretty sick ratio. Those bikes are quick, but that's a lot of push with very little ass, so you'll go skyward or stray in a hurry. The new R1 just looks wicked, the dual pipes pull through under the tail...so fresh, so clean. Too bad isnurance is so high.