John Stewart exposes the double standards of Fox News

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ganymede, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I love Jon Stewart

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

At least Conservatives have moral standards even if we don't always live up to them...

Link

I think pinheads and moral ignoramouses like John Stewart would do well to read these words. I take it since John Stewart has no problem with teen pregnancy in general and no problem with allegedly "inexperienced" mayors, he has no problem with the candidacy of Sarah Palin. Or is he a hypocrite like all Leftists?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. countezero Registered Senior Member

Wow. And there's not like a double standard on Stewart's show or anything...

8. iceaura Valued Senior Member

In the first place: nah, probably not. Examples ?

In the second - we're comparing the serious punditocracy even up with the Jon Stewart Show ? How revealing.

9. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

Cause it's not an entertainment show, right?

10. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Yet this is the place where most people from my generation get their news.

11. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

It seriously worries me when friends tell me that CNN is as biased as Fox.

12. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

Me too. CNN is more biased than Fox.

13. kmguru Staff Member

I love that show. In the meantime, somewhere I read that...

At the height of the Roman Empire, the Romans had an estimated 37 major military bases scattered around their dominions. At the height of the British Empire, the British had 36 of them planetwide. Depending on just who you listen to and how you count, we have hundreds of bases. According to Pentagon records, in fact, there are 761 active military "sites" abroad.

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Notes Around

Just a few notes around:

Ganymede: What more do we expect? They're Republicans.

OilIsMastery: There is a difference between realistic standards and an absence of standards. Sadly, I figured Mr. D'Souza capable of recognizing this fact. For instance, sure, Mr. Gingrich is human. But he tried to hide that reality while persecuting others for their own humanity. When did President Clinton attempt to remove Rep. Gingrich from office over a blowjob? Had the Republicans left it at proclaiming their moral disgust, then D'Souza's point would be valid. But they didn't.

Countezero: The Daily Show is a not a news show. It is a comedy show. Despite the condition of FOX News in general, there is, actually, a significant difference. Journalists may try to be comedians sometimes, and comedians might play at being journalists on occasion, but comedy and journalism are not the same thing.

Betrayer0fHope: Indeed. While CNN has some serious problems, these are related to its status as a commercial entity. FOX News, on the other hand, pretends the real challenges of commerce somehow equal a deliberate liberal bias in order to justify their own calculated conservative bias. Same with Joe Scarborough and Tucker Carlson.​

15. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

Mr. Gingrich didn't perjure himself under oath...

I don't understand what your point is. The issue was perjury (a crime the last time I checked), not a blowjob (a blowjob is not a crime where I live)...

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Neither did Clinton.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  17. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

Yes he did. He lied under oath about Monica Lewinsky. That's called perjury. Bill Clinton was impeached for perjury which is a crime. It was only the second impeachment of a President in American history, following the impeachment of Andrew Johnson in 1868.

18. superstring01 Moderator

Wow. FoxNews has commentators who are conservative and who double talk. What about the news reporting stuff, is that slanted? Does this mean that if I set out to review months and months of footage on tother networks, I wouldn't find commentators who were also making contradictory statements.

Guess we'll never know, because Stewart et al never put forth the effort.

~String

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Why wasn't he convicted then? Impeachment doesn't mean guilty.

The lie must be material – that is, important or relevant to the case. A murder suspect who falsely testifies that he ate cereal in jail that morning cannot be prosecuted for perjury over that irrelevant lie.​

20. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

So Bill Clinton didn't have sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky? How do you define is?

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's irrelevent. Having sex isn't illegal.

22. superstring01 Moderator

Yes, but perjuring one's self about whether or not you're having sex in the oval office and utilizing the mechanism of the White House to cover up for it is.

~String

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If it was really perjury, which it wasn't. The lie must be relevent to the case.