A personal message from England to Islam

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cosmictraveler, Mar 25, 2008.

1. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

No, it's the Law of the people who have done some terrible things and learned their lessons so their helping other people avoid making the same stupid mistakes. American history is rife with conflict, some of it started by others and some started by the US. However we have been improving the last few decades and done far more good than bad.

At least be honest in that the majority of Iraqi's killed have been by Militant Muslims. I'm not saying the US is perfect, but haven;t seen anyone in the US use the mentally handicapped as a suicide bomb.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why do people say such stupid things? Do you really believe sh*t like that?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

It is accepted as fact in America.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. countezero Registered Senior Member

Get your head out of your rear. This entire thread has been about Sam lying/inflaming and trolling, as the distance from the original topic drastically displays. She has succeeded in warping a thread about Islam in England into one about American involvement in Iraq. The two have nothing to do with each other.

And she does this with just about every single topic around. It's pathetic, and she should be censured for it. If anyone else fouled the works this way, they would be dealt with — at least banned temporarily.

If Sam doesn't want to talk about Islam in England, then she should shut up or go somewhere else to spout her usual bilge. There are plenty of other Iraq threads about.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why would they? Are they of the opinion that if the US was occupied by China, Americans would kill each other rather than the Chinese and those Americans who support them?

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

"The human rights situation in Iraq remains dire, with sectarian violence causing the majority of abuses. Bombings and suicide attacks are all too common occurrences. Violations by armed groups are marked by disregard for civilian lives and the basic rules of international humanitarian law. The catastrophic security situation has led to mass movement of civilians, resulting in almost 2 million refugees fleeing to neighboring countries and over 2 million internally displaced persons. Reports of torture, ill-treatment and lack of judicial process at the hands of Iraqi authorities continue. Adequate safeguards against torture and ill-treatment are not in place in Multinational Force detention facilities, and thousands continue to be held without charge or trial."

http://www.amnestyusa.org/By-Country/Iraq/page.do?id=1011173&n1=3&n2=30&n3=923

"The Government of Iraq has been engaged in widespread, gross violations of human rights for more than 25 years, including political killings, torture, arbitrary detentions, and genocide.

During this period the Iraqi Government also has committed serious war crimes, including grave breaches of international humanitarian law. Among these violations were the violent attacks against the Kurds in the late 1980s, including use of chemical weapons, and the violent attacks against Shi’a in the South of Iraq in 1991, where villages were burned and thousands of civilians were forcibly displaced."

http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/iraq/war_in_iraq.htm

10. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Probably a Republican talking point. I think I've heard it almost every time I've heard talk of Iraqi deaths. It gained wide popularity, it seems.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

But people would have to be really clueless to believe that their troops are occupying a foreign country which it has unilaterally attacked, without any force, while the occupied are using the occupation as an excuse to kill their family and neighbors rather than occupation forces.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sure lets talk about Islam in England. Are these Muslims English citizens? Do they have the same rights as other Englishpeople? Then some guy moaning about "English" culture is intimating that the culture of these English people is not English.

Is he right?

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Derailed and destroyed yet another thread to grandstand your rants. When will the carnage end?

14. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Why doesn't everyone simply put SAM on their ignore list and continue as if she is not there?

15. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Hey dude, you called someone a liar and a troll for a specific reason, and were found wrong.

A thread about cultural misunderstandings between an English man and Muslims in general. Is Iraq a source of cultural misunderstanding between Muslims and the West?

It is also relevant for other reasons. The man in the video said Saudi Arabia's human rights record made it offensive for them to complain about human rights of Muslims in Europe. Since his country is invading and others, it should matter when he is complaining about an invasion of immigrants to his country.

16. countezero Registered Senior Member

Because they can't. She's a moderator. I've argued that we should be able to put moderators on ignore precisely because of Sam — so far, to no avail.

Some of them probably are. Some probably not. Their citizenship is immaterial. The fact one legally immigrates to a country has nothing to do with the cultural issues this man is addressing. Watch the video again.

Yes, but they want additional rights. Again, see the video.

He's saying that residency somewhere, whether legal or not, does not entitle a person to reshape an entire society more to their liking. He's addressing the central problem of Muslim immigrants, in that many of them move to the West because of its economic opportunities, its relative safety and high standard of living only to try to change its culture, because their religion abhors many of the traditional liberties and equalities of the West. His argument is that western culture should not accomodate such people, especially since many of the accomodations are in direct contrast to the West's long-established cultural norms.

I stand by what I said and deny I was "found wrong." The definition of a troll was posted several pages back, and it fits Sam to a T.

Sam has also admitted being wrong about cluster-bombing, so while she was not lying, my assertion of inaccuracy is correct. Sam is also patently wrong about the history of Muslim warfare, but if you want to put a pair of blinders on and agree with her ridiculous assertions about Muslims only engaging in reactive conquest, then that's your decision: I will judge you equally foolish if you choose to do so.

No, not in general. The man was very specific about what kind of Muslims he attacked, and it had nothing to do with the war in Iraq.

If the issue is the treatment of people in England, I fail to see what the Iraq war has to do with it. Sorry.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

18. countezero Registered Senior Member

What a brilliant response, Sam. You continue to amaze.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So when are you reverting to native American culture counte?

I'm assuming you support this view?

:m:

20. countezero Registered Senior Member

Yes, that's it, Sam. Twist and remove from context. Not to mention, that now you're trying to intentionally confuse immigration and colonialization so you can get back to criticizing the US. You're so transparent.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are you saying that residency in the US does not count? Why?

Legal or not, you said, right? Which one is colonization?

22. superstring01 Moderator

No, he's saying that you won't and can't address this specific issue of Muslims trying to reshape England. You can't. If you did you'd be exposed as the ignorant charlatan that you are. So, you distract with as much chum as possible.

~String

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Do you think this is right?