Your nuts

Buddha12

Valued Senior Member
So I was in the store the other day and saw some of my old favorite nuts that I use to eat long ago. For some reason I have not had any nuts for a very long time and when I saw the prices, over 6.00 US a bag, I almost didn't buy these ether. But my remembering of those days of long ago, over 20 years , that I use to eat them I figured why not. I enjoyed walnuts quite allot but pistachios were by all time favorite so that is what I got. They were delicious and I was happy that I bought them. I'll be getting another bag next visit to the store but hope prices decline as I think it is a very high price to pay for nuts.

So what are your favorite types that you enjoy? Or are you allergic to them? :shrug:

PistachiosBag.jpg

So I was in the store the other day and saw some of my old favorite nuts that I use to eat long ago. For some reason I have not had any nuts for a very long time and when I saw the prices, over 6.00 US a bag, I almost didn't buy these ether. But my remembering of those days of long ago, over 20 years , that I use to eat them I figured why not. I enjoyed walnuts quite allot but pistachios were by all time favorite so that is what I got. They were delicious and I was happy that I bought them. I'll be getting another bag next visit to the store but hope prices decline as I think it is a very high price to pay for nuts.

So what are your favorite types that you enjoy? Or are you allergic to them?

You and I would get along very good together. :) Or would we, due to the competition? ;) Because our tastes are *identical* - really like walnuts a LOT but pistachios are my favorite as well.

I used to like pistachios in the green form, not painted pink. (Why do they do that?) All of them, really: almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts in the shell, even Brazils, though they're very hard to crack. Chestnuts in the holidays - too bad so much of what we get now is mouldy. My particular favourite was cashews - also too expensive. Mostly just eat peanuts now, dry roasted, in my cereal munch-mix, with a beer... in about an hour from now.

I used to like pistachios in the green form, not painted pink. (Why do they do that?)
Aesthetics. When they weren't powdered, they had a blotchy appearance that could make a person lose their appetite. The idea was to even it out and make it look edible.

Pickled walnuts are my favourite.
Then pistachios.

Love most nuts...except walnuts...I can't stand them. Cashews and almonds are probably my favorites.

Aesthetics. When they weren't powdered, they had a blotchy appearance that could make a person lose their appetite. The idea was to even it out and make it look edible.
Artificial=edible? Okay....
Best nuts ever: green walnuts pickled in rum. Haven't seen those in 40 years.

Chestnuts make my third place.

Back