your favourite quote's

Politics quotes
There is one rule for politicians all over the world: Don't say in Power what you say in opposition; if you do, you only have to carry out what the other fellows have found impossible.

John Galsworthy

Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists in choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable.

John Kenneth Galbraith

What do you want to be a sailor for? There are greater storms in politics than you will ever find at sea. Piracy, broadsides, blood on the decks. You will find them all in politics.

David Lloyd George

There are times in politics when you must be on the right side and lose.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Nothing is so admirable in politics as a short memory.

John Kenneth Galbraith

"There comes a time in each life like a point of fulcrum. At that time you must accept yourself. It is not any more what you will become. It is what you are and always will be." ~John Fowles~

"Because a star explodes and a thousand worlds like ours die, we know this world is. That is the smile; that what might not be, is." ~John Fowles~

"I am going to explain to you why we went to war. Why mankind always goes to war. It is not social or political. It is not countries that go to war, but men. It is like salt. Once one has been to war one has salt for the rest of one's life. Men love war because it allows them to look serious. Because it is the one thing that stops women from laughing at them.
Night fell again. There was war to the south, but our sector was quiet. The battle was over, our casualties were some thirteen thousand killed - thirteen thousand minds, memories, loves, sensations, worlds, universes - because the human mind is more a universe than the universe itself - and all for a few hundred yards of useless mud." ~John Fowles~

"It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing is true or not, so
long as it makes you feel good, as it is not to care how you got your
money as long as you have got it."

- E.W. Teale

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it."
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous'. And God granted it."
Voltaire

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
-- Hunter S. Thompson

Why is this man in the White House? The majority of Americans did not vote for him. Why is he there? And I tell you this morning that he's in the White House because God put him there for a time such as this: Lt Gen William Boykin, speaking of G. W. Bush, New York Times, 17 October 2003

=

God gave the savior to the German people. We have faith, deep and unshakeable faith, that he was sent to us by God to save Germany. Hermann Goering, speaking of Hitler

Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got.
Janis Joplin

On stage I make love to twenty five thousand people; and then I go home alone.
Janis Joplin

Back