Your favorite muscle car or high performance car

427 Cobra , Shelby Mustangs

I'm sure there will be many , many to add to the list

Looking forward to the cars added

It should be fun !!!!!!!!!

Any manufacture is welcome from the classic to the modern and programs on TV that you watch

Any of the mustangs...2010 and newer are pretty nice...as far as muscle cars go. :)

Not a muscle car, but I'm rather fond of the ...

Maserati Quattroporte GTS

swoon

Any of the mustangs...2010 and newer are pretty nice...as far as muscle cars go. :)

swoon

Any high performance car is welcome

What draws you to this car ? Just asking , any picture

Just asking , any picture

01_maserdetroit.jpg

I'm not much of a car person, but if I were...this/Maserati in general, is the epitome of sleekness and power.

Think this car is around $140k :shrug:

do you drive a ''muscle'' car, yourself?

01_maserdetroit.jpg

I'm not much of a car person, but if I were...this/Maserati in general, is the epitome of sleekness and power.

Think this car is around $140k :shrug:

do you drive a ''muscle'' car, yourself?

Real nice

Use to , had a 289 Mustang , 69-440 Charger R/T , 69-427 Chevy Nova , about 600hp ,standard 4-speed trans.

Right now I have a 2002 Nissan Sentra Spec.V , 2.5L , about 200hp , 6-speed trans. a fun drive , handles well

Real nice

Use to , had a 289 Mustang , 69-440 Charger R/T , 69-427 Chevy Nova , about 600hp ,standard 4-speed trans.

Right now I have a 2002 Nissan Sentra Spec.V , 2.5L , about 200hp , 6-speed trans. a fun drive , handles well

yeah, that does sound fun. muscle cars are a wee bit loud; my opinion. :facepalm:

There is nothing like the rumble sound of a big block V8 , it is the sound of power

I reckon. ;)

Ferrari has a nice ...hum

[video=youtube;KJIk0ImuncI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJIk0ImuncI[/video]

Mazda 3rd Generation RX7 Twin Turbo. My 1993 model, after some minor drive line and suspension upgrades, was able to go from a standing start - 0 to 150 mph and back to 0 - in a Documented and Precision timed 26.43 seconds, in April of 1999 @ Road Atlanta in Georgia.

Mind you, it looked basically "stock" and was not a "tuner" as some are highly customized.

I never actually found out what the "top end speed" of my RX7 was. Although I repeatedly "buried" the calibrated 180 mph speedometer in the RX7 (easy to do in 4th gear of the 5-speed standard tranny!) - I never felt that I ever truly reached its maximum mph!

Al that performance from a 1.3 liter Rotary engine!

I will admit, however, that although being a thoroughly enjoyable "go kart" or "pocket rocket", that never failed to induce an ear-to-ear grin on all who drove or rode in it - it was not very comfortable on extended 3 or 4 hour "road trips"!View attachment 6596View attachment 6597View attachment 6598View attachment 6599

Last edited:
Mazda 3rd Generation RX7 Twin Turbo. My 1993 model, after some minor drive line and suspension upgrades, was able to go from a standing start - 0 to 150 mph and back to 0 - in a Documented and Precision timed 26.43 seconds, in April of 1999 @ Road Atlanta in Georgia.

Mind you, it looked basically "stock" and was not a "tuner" as some are highly customized.

I never actually found out what the "top end speed" of my RX7 was. Although I repeatedly "buried" the calibrated 180 mph speedometer in the RX7 (easy to do in 4th gear of the 5-speed standard tranny!) - I never felt that I ever truly reached its maximum mph!

Al that performance from a 1.3 liter Rotary engine!

I will admit, however, that although being a thoroughly enjoyable "go kart" or "pocket rocket", that never failed to induce an ear-to-ear grin on all who drove or rode in it - it was not very comfortable on extended 3 or 4 hour "road trips"!

I'm in :D

Mine is one of two:

Shelby Mustang GT500 ala Gone in 60 Seconds (sounds awesome, looks awesome, performs awesome!)

Nissan R34 Skyline (or even the new R35 Skyline). A supercar that is good for year-round use, even in snow and rain!

swoon

Ah .. you should have a stickybeek at the Mazza Grancabrio Sport 2012 / 2013

A 1987 Toyota Supra. Toyota is not often mentioned in these kinds of discussions, but it was the best sports car I've ever driven. It took tight turns like an old MG Midget. I never once was able to get any of the tires to break loose; it simply went wherever it was pointed without complaining. With a stick shift it had phenomenal acceleration--my insurance company dropped me because it could do zero-to-sixty in less than six seconds.

And it was incredibly comfortable, with a configurable lumbar support in the driver's seat!

Unfortunately it had been a dealer demo and somebody had missed an oil change. It threw a rod at only 80K miles, and Mrs. Fraggle was just not ready to spend $4,000 for a new engine.

I've had a Trans Am--made me a popular fellow but geeze was it squirrely, almost spun out on two or three turns. And I've had a Porsche 928--utter piece of junk, paid $15K, put $8K in repairs, and still had to sell it for parts. It drove nicely but nothing to rave about.

Frankly the Mercedes ML350 I drive today (yes, an SUV!) can take the turns almost as well as the Supra, is as good a babe magnet as the Pontiac, and gets slightly better gas mileage than the 928. And it can carry all my musical gear.

I know there are better faster cars out there, but I'm biased in favor of my own, a 2013 Ford Focus ST. 250 HP 300 lb/ft of torque at 1500rpm, wrong wheel drive, handles like a dream.

Back