Your favorite artists

cosmictraveler

Be kind to yourself always.
Valued Senior Member
Wassily Kadinsky (1886 – 1944), the father of abstract art, also a skilled musician, strongly associated music with art. Kadinsky, who named works after musical terms, saw color when he listened to music, and believed color could visually express music’s timber, pitch and volume. At age 30, Kadinsky’s artistic career began when he left a legal career to pursue artistic studies after seeing Monet’s “Haystacks.” Passionately compelled to create, Kadinsky believed that the purity of this desire would communicate itself to viewers of his work.

1500-14324~Solid-Green-Posters.jpg

E497~Mit-und-Gegen-c-1929-Posters.jpg

Paul Klee (1879 – 1940) was an ingenious modern art master with an extensive stylistic range. Klee created small, delicate works, filling them with traces of dreams, music, poetry, and stylistically blended primitive art, Surrealism, Cubism and children’s art. Klee’s initial pen-and-ink drawings were transformed after he visited Tunisia and became smitten with the color and light he found there. Fusing abstraction with reality, Klee fills his work with complex symbols derived from the unconscious. Klee’s work and innovations profoundly influenced 20th century Surrealism, Abstract and Nonobjective art.

10021081B~Abenteur-Schiff-Posters.jpg

http://www.allposters.com/-st/Fine-Art-Lithograph-Posters_c10433_.htm

i love M.C.Escher

LW359.jpg

this is my favourate:

esc-ge15.jpg

the man himself:

escher1b.jpg

Maurits Cornelis Escher (June 17, 1898 – March 27, 1972), usually referred to as M. C. Escher, was a Dutch graphic artist. He is known for his often mathematically inspired woodcuts, lithographs and mezzotints. These feature impossible constructions, explorations of infinity, architecture and tessellations.

Even though I draw abstract art myself, I really dont appreciate other artistis doing so

But you do give credit to others don't you? Even if your own style and unique way of expressing yourself , don't you see that others are only trying to do the same as you in their own ways?

But you do give credit to others don't you? Even if your own style and unique way of expressing yourself , don't you see that others are only trying to do the same as you in their own ways?

well no I do not, actually. I see the so called "abstract art" as a way to releave stress but not as an actual art ... I do not give them credit. Picasso in my view was a charlatan.

Paul Klee (1879 – 1940) was an ingenious modern art master with an extensive stylistic range. Klee created small, delicate works, filling them with traces of dreams, music, poetry, and stylistically blended primitive art, Surrealism, Cubism and children’s art. Klee’s initial pen-and-ink drawings were transformed after he visited Tunisia and became smitten with the color and light he found there. Fusing abstraction with reality, Klee fills his work with complex symbols derived from the unconscious. Klee’s work and innovations profoundly influenced 20th century Surrealism, Abstract and Nonobjective art.

You totally beat me to the punch on Klee

I collect work by another artist who is kind of similar (with perhaps more than a dash of Miro thrown in the mix)

http://www.mullangallery.com/searchresults.asp?ArtistID=16&archive=N&offset=0

Rafał Olbiński (b. 1945 in Kielce, Poland) is a Polish graphic artist, stage designer and surrealist painter.

Olbinski's illustrations regularly appear in major publications such as Newsweek, Time, Business Week, Atlantic Monthly, Playboy, Omni, The New York Times, New Yorker and Der Spiegel. The list of his corporate accounts includes among others: US Trust, 31 Corporation (England), Smith-Kline Beecham International, American Airlines, The New York City Opera and the Cincinnati Opera.

His paintings have been acquired by many important art collections, including: The Library of Congress Print Collection in Washington, D.C.; Carnegie Foundation in New York; Republic New York Corporation; Searle Corporation; Browne and Co.; The National Arts Club in New York as well as numerous private collections in the United States, Europe, Asia and South America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafał_Olbiński

File9866276830.jpg

I

File1602452870.jpg

Goya! The following painting is one of my all time favs. It's the only piece of art that truly makes me feel something. I think it is a truly disturbing painting.

goya.jpg

I own two Dali prints:
The Persistence of Memory
31PersistenceOfMemory.jpg

Metamorphosis of Narcissus
Metamorphosis%20of%20Narcissus-.jpg

I also respect Malevich's Supremacist movement
malevich.jpg

But White On White doesn't fair well on this medium.

I have quite a big penchant for cubist and post-impressionists like Van Gogh and Cézanne. I've ran out of picture allowance so I'll just list a few influential female artists like, Rachel Ruysch, Artemisia Gentileschi, Tracey Emin and Paula Rego to name a few.

It says original, so...

Oh, you are correct, I was mistaken. Those are limited edition reproductions.

I love Beksinski.
In high school, I had my own little corner curtained off in the art room and painted on it was a quote by him.
"It misses the point to ask me what my paintings mean. Simply, I do not know myself. Moreover, I am not at all interested in knowing."
I got asked that far too often and couldn't have answered it better myself.
My favorite, though, would have to be Alex Grey.

Back