Your fave comic

`
This is the greatest comic book ever created...
:D
vampirellajb3.jpg

Well... actually this is...
881351962881uz3.gif

I enjoyed many but Spawn was very well done when McFarland did everything in the first 24 comics after that it was still a good comic but alas it lost a bit o' its bite. That was a few years ago. In the very beginning I liked Wonder Woman because she had nice looking outfits that attracted a 6 year olds attention!

Nazism was very naughty, but it did give a large impuls to art and culture.
Indeed - and it was for those very reasons that I claimed it was wholesome.
LoL

Plus, the deeply insightful statment on humanity that the artist implied by depicting both "Valkyrie's" bosom and butt cleavage.

I enjoyed many but Spawn was very well done when McFarland did everything in the first 24 comics after that it was still a good comic but alas it lost a bit o' its bite. That was a few years ago. In the very beginning I liked Wonder Woman because she had nice looking outfits that attracted a 6 year olds attention!
Did the thing get a plot/story line once he stopped controlling it ?

I saw the first couple or 3 issues, and it seemed the whole thing was an exersize in indicting the "comics industry" of being "only in it for the money".
Panels which stick in my memory depicted a number of hands reaching out from behind prison bars, which if one looked closely - and knew the genre, of course - were those of Marvel and/or DC super heroes, and a row of hooded, bound men in some dark, dank dungeonesque setting whom the narrative implied represented artists in some manner of "slavery" to the greedy comic book barons.
(In the midst of all that nonsense a few sort of interesting plot elements were revealed... I just recall wishing the guy would get his head out of his ass, quit bitching about his old bosses, and get on with it.)

I thought this whole stance - if indeed I was not merely hallucinating - was rather ironic when shortly thereafter a veritable shitload of Spawn-related merchandise hit the market.

Indeed - and it was for those very reasons that I claimed it was wholesome.
LoL

Plus, the deeply insightful statment on humanity that the artist implied by depicting both "Valkyrie's" bosom and butt cleavage.

Did the thing get a plot/story line once he stopped controlling it ?

I saw the first couple or 3 issues, and it seemed the whole thing was an exersize in indicting the "comics industry" of being "only in it for the money".
Panels which stick in my memory depicted a number of hands reaching out from behind prison bars, which if one looked closely - and knew the genre, of course - were those of Marvel and/or DC super heroes, and a row of hooded, bound men in some dark, dank dungeonesque setting whom the narrative implied represented artists in some manner of "slavery" to the greedy comic book barons.
(In the midst of all that nonsense a few sort of interesting plot elements were revealed... I just recall wishing the guy would get his head out of his ass, quit bitching about his old bosses, and get on with it.)

I thought this whole stance - if indeed I was not merely hallucinating - was rather ironic when shortly thereafter a veritable shitload of Spawn-related merchandise hit the market.

It kept the same tone but I lost interest when he wasn't in complete control. It seems he "sold out" to someone because as you say there was an explosion of crap to buy and movie to make. I still have the original first 24 issues which have increased somewhat in value. I'm not much into comics today for the prices are ever increasing and the return niot that great when trying to sell them after holding them for a oeriod of years.

Back