your fave comedian

hey mr string

hows it with you?

i have never heard of any of those guys.. I must be so uncultured?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best
Zak

Mike Birbiglia is up and coming. Very funny when he discusses racial issues.
Jim Gaffigan is pretty well established here in the states, he does Sprite commercials now. His "Hot Pockets" skit on YouTube cracks me up.
Dane Cook is about the most popular American comedian right now. He's a little too popular for my tastes, but some of his stand-up is pure genious (the "First Blowjob" skit makes me piss my pants. YouTube it and I think you'll agree)
Rita Rudner is classic. She was big in the late 80's early 90's. I haven't seen her in a while.
Ellen Degenerates is very popular here in the states. Her show was great 'till she played the gay card a little too much. Her stand up skits are amazing.
Judy Tenuta is an acquired taste. I find her hysterical but she's WAY off kilter. Almost insane.

I'd also like to add:

Margaret Cho, who is a flaming liberal... but I forgive her for that. Her obsession with the gay community is a bit much for my taste, but her older work is great stuff. Very gritty and very witty.

Finally, the greatest comedian of ALL time, IMHO, is/was Phil Hartman. I curse his evil wife to the bowels of hell for killing him. Phil was the ONLY star I ever mourned. I thought he was the funniest man alive.

~String

Mike Birbiglia is up and coming. Very funny when he discusses racial issues.
Jim Gaffigan is pretty well established here in the states, he does Sprite commercials now. His "Hot Pockets" skit on YouTube cracks me up.
Dane Cook is about the most popular American comedian right now. He's a little too popular for my tastes, but some of his stand-up is pure genious (the "First Blowjob" skit makes me piss my pants. YouTube it and I think you'll agree)
Rita Rudner is classic. She was big in the late 80's early 90's. I haven't seen her in a while.
Ellen Degenerates is very popular here in the states. Her show was great 'till she played the gay card a little too much. Her stand up skits are amazing.
Judy Tenuta is an acquired taste. I find her hysterical but she's WAY off kilter. Almost insane.

I'd also like to add:

Margaret Cho, who is a flaming liberal... but I forgive her for that. Her obsession with the gay community is a bit much for my taste, but her older work is great stuff. Very gritty and very witty.

Finally, the greatest comedian of ALL time, IMHO, is/was Phil Hartman. I curse his evil wife to the bowels of hell for killing him. Phil was the ONLY star I ever mourned. I thought he was the funniest man alive.

~String

thank you MR string i may just look these up when i have a minute

No, you just don't know who the gay comics are.

Hey cosmic, i have not heard the Guys Mr String stated so untill i see some of their stuff i will reserve judgement.

Who likes Will Smith. I found the fresh prince of bellaire well funny.

has he done stand up before

See you

zak

Hey cosmic, i have not heard the Guys Mr String stated so untill i see some of their stuff i will reserve judgement.

zak

My point was only to remind you that just because the people String mentioned are gay doesn't mean knowing them or not knowing them makes anyone "uncultured".

Rita Rudner is absolutely not gay. Ellen de Generes absolutely is. Status of the others: unconfirmed.

Have you seen his 'Beyond the Pale' stand up special? He does those Hot Pockets monologues in there. The YouTube clips you mention may even be excerpts from that show. He's hilarious.

~String
Phil definitely was a comic genius. However, I don't think he had anymore talent than Farley or Belushi, whose deaths saddened me as well.

My point was only to remind you that just because the people String mentioned are gay doesn't mean knowing them or not knowing them makes anyone "uncultured".

Hey cosmic

thank you for informing me that the guys MR string posted as fave comedians were gay... and for clearing up the confusion

Sorry as i did not know they were gay i thought you were saying that they were gay is in crap..... sometimes in the UK the word gay used as an adjective is derogratory

~~~~~~~~
thanks zak

Hey cosmic

thank you for informing me that the guys MR string posted as fave comedians were gay... and for clearing up the confusion

Sorry as i did not know they were gay i thought you were saying that they were gay is in crap..... sometimes in the UK the word gay used as an adjective is derogratory

~~~~~~~~
thanks zak

Perhaps I should say something like " Queer" then or Fag, Since I'm not aware of just wahat word or "politacally correct at this moment I took a stab at one I hear from String himself.

I thought Rita was, well sorry then.:shrug:

Are you joking? Mike Birbiglia & Dane Cook are total meat-head skirt chasing guys! Phil Hartman & Jim Gaffigan were/are married and are about as straight as guys get. Rita, as was mentioned, is straight. Judy Tenuta is just fucking insane-- I don't think she's anything, though she is quite popular in the gay community and is always in shows in P-Town (a very gay village in Massachusetts). Margaret Cho can't figure out whether she's a lezzy or straight. I think she's such a total fag-hag that she can't figure out one way or the other. And, well, Ellen is obviously gay.

~String

Are you joking? Mike Birbiglia & Dane Cook are total meat-head skirt chasing guys! Phil Hartman & Jim Gaffigan were/are married and are about as straight as guys get. Rita, as was mentioned, is straight. Judy Tenuta is just fucking insane-- I don't think she's anything, though she is quite popular in the gay community and is always in shows in P-Town (a very gay village in Massachusetts). Margaret Cho can't figure out whether she's a lezzy or straight. I think she's such a total fag-hag that she can't figure out one way or the other. And, well, Ellen is obviously gay.

~String

See, he said gay and you don't jump down his throat, why is that?

Post #33 "sometimes in the UK the word gay used as an adjective is derogratory" I was told this and thought that I was somehow offensive to someone. Now I know I was not.

Back