Your Concept of Heaven?

Bowser

Namaste
Valued Senior Member
If there was such a place, and you could choose, where would you want to spend eternity after death?

Someone once said it was more a feeling of love, 24/7, than a place. My personal opinion is that too much of any good thing can become boring, so I'm not sure what an ideal Heaven would be. Thoughts? :shrug:

I can't picture the idea of being particularly happy right now...

I would like it if I found a place that was utterly safe and utterly pain-free, where I would not feel loneliness...and I didn't have to leave until I was ready to go.

As I've said to those Jehovah's witnesses that occasionally bang on the door, your perfect "Heaven" filled full of God fearing, Door knocking, Religious fruitcakes would be my own personal Hell (if there was such a place either.)

In truth to me such "metaphorical personification" of "all things good" is an extreme taxis based upon the future ideologies of mankind, heaven with the robots doing to the chores, where job placements out number the people after jobs, where money is easy to come by and the economy buoyant. All the ideal extreme's being followed to the letter, rather than corruption undermining those ideals to create negative taxis's.

Of course this would express why with such a positive there is always an anti, there is always the chance for things to fail, to go wrong, to break down, to fall to corruption. In essence it never required the belief in a deity, in fact to some religions it got them fearing about "false idola's" in the form of "Brand names" and Famous people selling brands.

It's all a crock though. You just have to understand that people ask a question that already has a posed answer to see how the answer becomes slanted, for instance this particular question is appealing to the notion that a heaven exists and ignores the fact that the absence of any attempts to create one, implies one never exists.

(I know you have a bunch of religious nuts go along the lines of how their all powerful omnipresent god made it all so they don't have to worry about it, however isn't that Sloth, Apathy and Gluttony all rolled into one?

If there was such a place, and you could choose, where would you want to spend eternity after death?

Well I know there isn't such a place because humans made up this myth long ago to help control the population and to have a job insuring that the rest of the people do as they are told with the bible. I know that I will just become part of the universe once again because my atoms will dissolve away and become free to travel anywhere, I then really will become a "cosmictraveler".;):itold:

Well I know there isn't such a place because humans made up this myth long ago to help control the population and to have a job insuring that the rest of the people do as they are told with the bible. I know that I will just become part of the universe once again because my atoms will dissolve away and become free to travel anywhere, I then really will become a "cosmictraveler".;):itold:

When my atoms are free'd they will spontaneously reassemble. Maybe it was a "story" to control people which seems to be the case, but its a real place.

I was lost in the pages
Of a book full of death
Reading how we'll die alone
And if we're good we'll lay to rest
Anywhere we want to go
Audio Slave - Like a Stone

This is pretty spot on. You will go anywhere you want to go, if you are given that option, and that will be Heaven.

My concept of heaven is a place where all the pain, all the worries and all the troubles of an individual are lost and forever gone. It is a place of joy and everlasting peace.

Last edited:
I don't understand the concept of Heaven, to be honest. I hear a lot of shit about our souls being at peace in some mythical paradise, but it's all child like fantasy.

If, and it's a big IF, our subjective consciousness continues to exist in some form after our body has died then what would be the point? Would we observe the universe as it is now? Could we still see and hear? If we had brain damage would our post death mind still be damaged? Does a dead infant stay child like in it's thoughts for all eternity or does it mature?
The idea of an afterlife sounds more like Hell to me.

No ghost in the machine, no spirits angels or devils, no gods, no heaven, no hell, just as Enmos said - oblivion. Fade to black, cut.

Back