why is everyone mad

spuriousmonkey said:
A mad society creates mad people. It's a miracle there are normal people left. This miracle is also known as biology.

yes..biology...*COUGHPFIZERCOUGH*

now take your happy pills, and shut the fuck up.

Yeah, it seems like people are getting nastier. There is a need for an outlet for this agression and maybe Sciforums is it.

As far as driving, if someone cuts you off ignore it because what are you prooving by fighting and in the end is it worth it?

Personally I've never been in a physical altercation, never could justify it. So at the end of the day theres allways someone who could kick your ass, no matter how tough you think you are.

General%20Dwight%20D.%20Eisenhower.jpg

LETS
GET
BIZZZZAAAAAAY!!!!

I agree.. there is a lot of testosterone around at the moment. Eveyone seems to be venting it through Sciforums. I tend to just walk away when an altercation arises. I can't be bothered with fights

People are mad because the news media deliberately make them mad. People who are mad or frightened watch (or read) more news, their ratings go up, they can charge more for advertising, and they make more money.

The media's handling of terrorism, to pick an obvious example, is downright criminal. If an attack of the scope of 9/11 happened every single year, you would still be three times more likely to be killed by a drunk driver. That's a risk that only a very tiny portion of our population is even conscious of, much less angry about. We all know who the drunk drivers are and we treat them like buddies.

some_guy01 said:
does anyone notice how rude and mean people are in general nowdays. its crazy i was driving the other day and some lady cut off some guy (not intensionally from what i saw) and he got out of his vehicle in stopped traffic walked up to the woman's car fliped her off and cussed at her. then casually walked back and got into his car. whats up with this? where are these people getting these ideas that people actually cut them off and bump into them purposely. does anyone have an idea???
i believe its because people feel sorry for them selves and are selfish.

Some girl who was seating in the passengers seat gave me the middle finger because I didn't make a left turn fast enough for her. There was a red light and while I was waiting the car was very close to the bumper and I could tell they were impatient. As soon as the light turned green the woman driving started honking not giving me a chance to move before judging me.

some_guy01 said:
does anyone notice how rude and mean people are... does anyone have an idea???

Yep. When you cut someone off on the road, you are giving them a moment of pain (from forced submission) and frustration (from the inconvenience). Because you inflict this 'wound', they instinctively interpret your action as an aggressive challenge to various degrees. The most extreme cases will be met by response of deadly force.

This is normal human behavior (it shouldn't be any surprise) and the law might help weed out extreme pain causers and extreme reactors.

Sgal said:
Some girl who was seating in the passengers seat gave me the middle finger because I didn't make a left turn fast enough for her. There was a red light and while I was waiting the car was very close to the bumper and I could tell they were impatient. As soon as the light turned green the woman driving started honking not giving me a chance to move before judging me.

Just think, if it was easy and convenient, she would have killed you for inconveniencing her without blinking.

Back