What is "time"

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Saint, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Write4U Valued Senior Member

A quantum event does not unfold in 3 dimensions (reality)? It does not take time for a quantum event to complete?

spacetime = 3D + t ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NotEinstein Valued Senior Member

So a quantum event is the same as a complete reality? As I said, gibberish.

So 3 dimensions are the same as a complete reality? As I said, gibberish.

Irrelevant; you were talking about the entirety of reality, not a quantum event.

Irrelevant; you were talking about the entirety of reality, not spacetime.
    Or:
    Irrelevant; you were talking about time, not spacetime.

Can you please stick to your original statement? Or rather, don't.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Please don't forget the question mark.
    So at what point does reality cease?
    I posited 3 D + t ....difference.
    Quantum is not a physical phenomenon? Does the universe act in its entirety all the time?
    https://www.encyclopediaofmath.org/index.php/Bohm-Aharonov_effect
    Yes, that part of reality which allows for chronological physical change. Reality cannot happen all in one place, at the same time. Chronology is required.
    I wasn't aware I had strayed from my original statement. I did say something right and didn't realize it? I wrote it, so I realized it, no?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NotEinstein Valued Senior Member

I did not forget the question mark. I just pointed out your question is gibberish.

You are the one claiming that it can, not me, so stop asking me irrelevant questions.

Also, please don't dodge my question; it's intellectually dishonest.

Please don't dodge my question; it's intellectually dishonest.

I never claimed that. Please stop being intellectually dishonest.

I never claimed that. Please stop being intellectually dishonest.

Irrelevant; please stop dodging what I said and stop being intellectually dishonest.

Irrelevant; please stop dodging what I said and stop being intellectually dishonest.

I have explicitly pointed out every place where you have. Please stop being intellectually dishonest.

Willingly writing gibberish is a form of trolling; please stop being intellectually dishonest.

8. NotEinstein Valued Senior Member

I have to say, it's fascinating to see pseudoscience-peddlers perform extreme mental gymnastics to try and squirm themselves out of nonsense-pit they continue to dig.

9. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Do you remember your question? You keep reminding me you asked me something, but I don't recall seeing a question or I would have attempted to answer it.

I don't like to be called "dishonest" to any of my posits made in good faith.

Indulge me and repeat the question, please?

10. NotEinstein Valued Senior Member

Just read the couple of posts I just made, and "Please don't forget the question mark."

11. NotEinstein Valued Senior Member

*closes the book* "...and he kept digging in silence. The End."

12. Willem Banned Banned

Time is a mathematical/logical construction.

I may not advertise my construction of time.

13. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

I'll do you one better, "Why is time!"

14. NotEinstein Valued Senior Member

(Emphasis mine.)

And there we have it. The admission that either:
    1) talanum46 is a sockpuppet, and thus breaking the forum rules;
    2) talanum46 is a liar and a plagiarist, and thus breaking the forum rules.

sweetpea likes this.
  15. Willem Banned Banned

Time is because we need a way of organising events in our lives.

16. Willem Banned Banned

My username seem to vary between "Willem" and "talanum46". It could be because I re-registered for Google.

17. NotEinstein Valued Senior Member

Entire user accounts don't just pop into existence. You registered twice, which is against the forum rules you agreed to (twice).

18. Willem Banned Banned

I did not register twice: it must be Google's fault. Please remove my "talanum46" registration.

19. Willem Banned Banned

Time can be constructed from four axioms. Here goes:

A1: Complex numbers exists. Call this C.

A2: x = x

A3: x + y = y + x

A4: A is a subset of B if B contains A and B - A not = the empty set.

Index.....Statement...…………………………………………………………………………………….. Reason

1...…...….Construct S = C x C.......................................................................................A1, A2

1.1...…….S is 4 dimensional....................................................................................…...1

1.2.........Set the components of S = S_1,2,3,4 in the following order: Re, Im, Re, Im.....1, A2

2......…...S can transform into two Riemann Spheres......................................……...A1, 1

3............Construct two Riemann Spheres in S, call it RS x RS = Pp......................…..A1, 1

4............Isolate the Riemann Circle of S_3, 4 and call it P_T.................................…A1, 3

4.1......…I'm going to use physical terminology below........................................…..Declaration

4.2...…..Construct "physical space" = S_P = CxC/S_4.......................................…...…A1, A2

5......…..Let P_T advance by one (rotate relative to S1,2,3) when encountering a space node and let the rotation be a quantum rotation. Call this "freq" = T_S......................….............A1, 4, 4.2, A2

7......…..Define "Change in freq" by T_Sf - T_Si…………………………………....5

8...........Let S_1,2 be perpendicular to S_3,4.................................................................1

11..........Construct {for all n = 1 to N: n(T_Sf - T_Si)} . Call this "Changes in freqs.".........5,7

12.........Define "basic time interval" = Delta t_B = 1/[(1/N) \sum \limits_{n=1}^N n(T_Sf - T_Si)]...........................................................................................................................1-11, A3, A2

13.......Construct MxT_S, M element of Natural Numbers subset of C..................................5, A4

14.......Define " Basic time" = t_B = {1/[(1/M) (\sum \limits_{n=1}^M n#T_S)]}*Delta t_B.......................12, 5,
    A3

15........Couple t_B to every node of S_P and call the result "basic spacetime"= B_ST...........4.2, A2, A2

15.1......Construct S_i = CxC........................................................................................A1

16........Construct RSxRS in S_i, call it Pp..................................................................15.1, 2

17.........Isolate the Riemann Circle in Pp and call it P_BT....................................................A1, 16

18.........Let P_BT advance by one (rotate relative to S_i1,2,3) when encountering A B_ST node and let the rotation be a quantum rotation. Call this "freq2"= T_BST.................................17, A2

19........Construct KxT_BST, K element of Natural Numbers, subspace of C........................18, A4

20........Define "Tim1" = t_1 = 1/[(1/K)(\sum \limits_{n=1}^K n#T_BST)]..............................A3, A2, 18

21........Pp is in every particle of the clock..........................................................................Requirement

22........"Tim1" advances like a clock, it depends on the Pp in the clock and on the route in B_ST.................................................................................................................................18, 21

23........"Tim1" = Time....................................................................................................A2, 22

QED.