Weed and an increase in intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So don't drive while you're stoned.

I was posting in regards to other comments about studies and no associated risk of driving after smoking marijuana.

Hey, everything is risky. Everyone has to do their own risk analysis for their own life. I don't know about you but I'm sick and tired of the government nannies telling me what I can and cannot do "for my own good." I like red meat and doughnuts and I'd rather take the risk than live without them. A lot of people feel that way about tobacco, and they won't go to bars that don't allow it, which is reducing the opportunities for my band to find work. Screw the government!

I concur to a degree but many on this board feel it is perfectly safe and without risk to smoke marijuana, I am just pointing out that there are associated risks that people should be aware of. I eat red meat and donuts plus consume coffee and even have a hard cider now and again.:D

Yes and another poster and I have already pointed out that there's no reason to smoke marijuana if you're concerned with this risk, which BTW has not been quantified so its presentation is not scientific. You can take your pot as tea, cookies, infusion or vapor.

I agree there is no reason to smoke marijuana but the studies are valid scientific studies published in peer review journals which are scientific.

Where did you find that? The Jamaican study contradicts it and nobody knows more about marijuana than Jamaicans.

Please post the journal publishing for Jamacian study, I am interested in reading it. I posted all the citations. I use Tashkin quite often as citations for our submissions. He is well established in the medical thoracic community.

Let me look back through history and see all of those that smoked pot or did heavy drugs that were highly creative and intelligent people for their time. Well gee no one that I can remember-but I'm certain that you will find at least one or two throughout history won't you. The majority, over 90 percent , of the talented weren't drug users so why is it they could produce so many great things without the use of drugs but today people must have drugs to somehow create?

William Shakespeare
David Allan Poe

and

Probably Einstein I read one of his quotes on life and there was no doubt he was stoned when it was thought up.

"The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust in Stratford-upon-Avon, England, allowed South African research scientists from the Transvaal Museum in Pretoria to analyze twenty-four pipe fragments found on the grounds of William Shakespeare's home. The findings, published in the South African Journal of Science, show that eight of the pipes tested contain traces of cannabis and two of the pipes contain traces of cocaine. Others appear to be laced with tobacco, camphor, and hallucinogenic nutmeg extracts high in myristic acid.
The pipes date to the seventeenth century when hemp was used widely in the production of rope, clothing, and paper, and when marijuana was used to treat certain medical conditions. There is little doubt that this combination of the findings by South African researchers and the possible references to psychotropic drugs in Shakespeare's writings will prompt many more to hypothesize that Shakespeare used narcotics as a source of inspiration. We will never know for sure."

http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/c...m/od/shakespearesbiograph1/a/shkMarijuana.htm

So, as you see in my response, it is only speculation as to what or if he used anything at all. Other people visited him and his relatives were always around so they could have been using the stuff for medical reasons, WE WILL NEVER KNOW , as was stated. You made it seem as if he DID use drugs but now we know better. Again you are only speculating about anyone for there isn't any proof.

I don't see why would that be a problem if some people used drugs for boosting creativity or how that would diminish the works created.

The only pitfall is that those with damaged brains think that their creations are awesome, when in reality they really, really suck. And you can damage your brains with narcotics. I don't know if you can abuse weed to such an extent though.

I don't see why would that be a problem if some people used drugs for boosting creativity or how that would diminish the works created.

Again I ask, where in history are there brillant people found using drugs? I know you can find one out there that you can PROVE used drugs, so come on, who is it? Think about all of those brillant people that DID NOT use drugs and gave humanity a great gift of their lifes work only using their brains.

I don't care, cosmictraveler, I just don't see why it matters if some artists did use drugs.
Many musicians have.

Again I ask, where in history are there brillant people found using drugs? I know you can find one out there that you can PROVE used drugs, so come on, who is it? Think about all of those brillant people that DID NOT use drugs and gave humanity a great gift of their lifes work only using their brains.

Please don't classify weed with other drugs.

All drugs used for recreation kills brain cells except for weed and psychedelics.

Please don't classify weed with other drugs.

All drugs used for recreation kills brain cells except for weed and psychedelics.

Getting off the question I asked you. Could you just name someone in the past history that was a brillant person that used drugs, pot, LSD anything, just PROVE it.

Can you prove that any of those people definitely never used any type of drug?

One person, an unknown to many, is all you can find. I asked for PAST history, not recent. I'll be a little more exact. Someone who was born before 1860.

One person, an unknown to many, is all you can find. I asked for PAST history, not recent. I'll be a little more exact. Someone who was born before 1860.

That was never documented. It would be impossible to find out who did and didn't, but they did find Cannabis traces in Egyptian tombs.

First, it's pretty much impossible to PROVE something like that from that long ago. Also, what's the difference? If people do certain drugs and the drugs produce a placebo effect which makes them more creative, why does it matter. Are you saying that we should follow the example of great people in all aspects of our lives? That's pretty stupid if you are.

My point is that great minds don't need any chemicals, drugs or pot to stimulate them, they are what they are ...geniuses.

That's not a very honest question. Drug use wasn't really in public awareness. In the middle ages many people were accused of demonic possesion and the nature of some possesion accounts perfectly fits with poisoning by nightshade and a few other plants that have not only poisonous, but also narcotic properties. And that's just one example from medieval Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back